Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-27-2006, 09:13 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mr. Ellie Pooh

I just received my order from Mr. Ellie Pooh. Wow! What wonderful cardstock. The online pictures cannot possibly do justice to the marvelous texture, consistency of this paper.
I might be very ungenerous in the use of this cardstock. Not because of price, it's about the same as bazzill and others at the LSS, but because it is so fabulous I want to keep it all for myself!! Naughty me!
If you have not seen this wonderful stuff (posted on an earlier thread) just go to mrelliepooh.com ....You'll find beautiful photos and education on the production of "dung paper" (and, "No" it does not smell).
One of the reasons I ordered the paper was with the intention of supporting people who are striving to make a living by creating a totally new, unconventional product. I am so pleased with the product that I will continue to support Mr. Ellie Pooh.
John 3:16
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2006, 09:26 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HOw fantastic is that!? Oh, the ingeniousness (if that is a real word) of people! Good for Mr. Ellie Pooh! I am glad to have an update to that story, I read through the first thread and read all about his elephant dung paper--glad to hear it doesn't smell
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2006, 10:46 AM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Woohoo! Glad to hear your order arrived! I seriously have NOT been able to use it on cards yet because I just love it so much! If/when you do make a project with this gorgeous paper, could you post a link here? There are a few examples of this paper in the gallery, but I think I will need to see lots of examples before I am confident enough in my ability to showcase this beautiful paper before I actually cut it up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2006, 10:50 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

This sounds so neat! Which of the papers did you guys order?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2006, 10:56 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

I got a variety pack of the cardstock, and a variety pack of the mattboard. The CS is very strong-bodied, and the mattboard is like two sheets of the ellie CS. It would probably be fabulous for gift boxes, etc. but I just balk at the thought of using an entire sheet like that, unless it was for something that would be used for a while like a box for a deck of cards or something.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2006, 09:47 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegaswife
This sounds so neat! Which of the papers did you guys order?
I entirely blew my budget last month on stamps and paper and ribbon and.... I got the Pooh Paper in White, Purple, Red, Lime, and it's either Yellow or Gold (a baker's dozen of each). Right now my plan is to use it sparingly... small pieces to accent a stamped layer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2006, 02:32 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
....... If/when you do make a project with this gorgeous paper, could you post a link here? There are a few examples of this paper in the gallery, but .......
Well, here is my first little piece. I cut a 2 inch strip off from one sheet and used it as a layer behind the sailboat image. ....Mike's Birthday
In real life, the gold colored paper is much brighter and the two layers of cream CS are exactly alike. Maybe this is one of the cards that needs a camera instead of a scanner - but that's too much like work! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes