Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   MOUNTING UR OWN STAMPS (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/mounting-ur-own-stamps-183211/)

chitterychat 09-13-2006 05:34 PM

MOUNTING UR OWN STAMPS

I have been looking into buying some stamps that are unmounted and you are only purchasing the rubber. Am I able to purchase the foam backing and wood pieces at like Michael's, Joann's or ben franklin or hobby lobby. I wanted to buy them unmounted cuz the cost is half off on this site that I found. And it is very hard to do. Please include the type of adhesive that I will need to attach all the layers if you are responding. Thank so much.

olivia'smom 09-13-2006 06:34 PM

Cling

Instead of buying foam and wood, why not try acrylic with Cling.

I am unmounting my SU wheels and using the cling that TAC sells along with my new blocks.

Jovi 09-13-2006 07:12 PM

I also purchase rubber sheet because of the cost, but I don’t mount them to wood. I mount them onto EZ Mount (clingy foam) and then use them with acrylic blocks.

I know they sell the foam that will stick to blocks, I just purchased some stamps at a stamp expo, and I removed the foam that was meant to be mounted to wood.

Sorry ~ I’m not much help... but if you decide to go with EZ Mount, I purchase my sheets from here: The Clickit Shop they also have rubber sheets, acrylic blocks & mounting supplies.

Also… I highly recommend the acrylic blocks from Close to My Heart… if you change your mind and decide to go that way instead of wood ~ ;)

Jovi 09-13-2006 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chitterychat
Am I able to purchase the foam backing and wood pieces at like Michael's, Joann's or ben franklin or hobby lobby.

I've never seen any of the mounting supplies at those stores... you may have to order online… I don’t have any good links to give you, but you came to the right place! ;)

staramaze 09-13-2006 07:59 PM

Where are you in Illinois? Some local Stamp/scrap stores sell Easy mount or other products you can do this with.... maybe Archivers does too.. I haven't seen it at the other BIG stores.

shayks 09-13-2006 08:10 PM

Oh, I hadn't thought to check Archiver's. I just went to the one in Indy the other day. I'm planning to unmount my stamps and I'm reading up on the subject.

jm_donahoe 09-13-2006 08:39 PM

www.addictedtoscrapbooking.com had some wood mounts in their clearance section last week.

Jovi 09-14-2006 05:39 AM

Archiver's doesn't carry mounting supplies, at least the one here in Colorado Springs doesn't ;)

thonz 09-14-2006 06:05 AM

You may also try poshimpressions.com for EZ mount and clear acrylic blocks.

chitterychat 09-14-2006 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staramaze
Where are you in Illinois? Some local Stamp/scrap stores sell Easy mount or other products you can do this with.... maybe Archivers does too.. I haven't seen it at the other BIG stores.

I'm located by the quad cities and we only have ben franklin, joann, michaels, and hobby lobby. What is achievers website or store.
Thanks for the info

Carol Haney 09-14-2006 05:08 PM

If you are looking to mount them on Wood, ask in the BST forum if anyone has spare wood blocks that they would like to get rid of because they went unmounted. I've seen ads for people trying to unload them. Worth a shot, right???

mothermcbride 09-14-2006 05:27 PM

There is a site www.stampin.com that sells wood blocks and cling materials. I've ordered from them and they are nice. :)

shayks 09-14-2006 06:27 PM

There is an Archiver's in Indianapolis. They are opening them all over the place. One opens on my birthday next week in Louisville.
The website is www.archiversonline.com

They have a nice clean store. It's not cluttered like a lot of LSB stores get. They have clean lines, even though they have a lot of product. They also offer quite a few classes that sound interesting. But, since I live over an hour away, it's unlikely I will attend a class.

MissyO 09-14-2006 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olivia'smom
Instead of buying foam and wood, why not try acrylic with Cling.

I am unmounting my SU wheels and using the cling that TAC sells along with my new blocks.

I took all 250 SU sets and unmounted them. Took me a long time with the EZ Mount as it gets gooey. Then I joined TAC and absolutely LOVE the Creative Cling that they sell. I truly like using the acrylic when I two step stamping, the reason is because you can see through the acrylic and then usually I am lined up. You see that is where I am anal. Sorry. The other nice thing is that my dear husband cuts all of my acrylic so, I love that too.

This is just my $0.02 worth. :D

Inky Huggz,

thonz 09-15-2006 05:39 AM

Missy, I am somewhat "anal" about getting the stamped image just where I want it (especially when 2 step stamping). Have you used a "stampamajig"? You stamp your image on a sheet of clear acrylic lined up inside an "L" shaped holder. You then place the clear acrylic, with the image stamped onto it, inside the holder, on your project just where you want it. Remove the clear sheet, leaving the holder right there in place. You then stamp right onto your project using the holder to guide your stamp. It sounds confusing, but once you get one and use it, it will be very clear. The instructions on the package also include pictures to explain the steps. This device is handy if you ever stamp an image and you didn't quite get the entire image inked properly. (Not that that would ever happen :-). Hope this helps.

HeatherHolbrook 09-15-2006 06:26 AM

Blockheads.com is a great site for all sorts of products related to unmounts and they are super nice too:)

crazy-crafter 09-15-2006 08:24 AM

http://www.sundayint.com/index.asp?P...TS&Category=57 A source for EZ Mount. They also offer a discount for Demos.

chitterychat 09-15-2006 06:15 PM

Thanks so much for the idea I will do that.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol Haney
If you are looking to mount them on Wood, ask in the BST forum if anyone has spare wood blocks that they would like to get rid of because they went unmounted. I've seen ads for people trying to unload them. Worth a shot, right???