Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Mother's Day Gift Ideas for Kindergarten (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/mothers-day-gift-ideas-kindergarten-488587/)

stampinandscrappin 04-22-2010 09:28 AM

Mother's Day Gift Ideas for Kindergarten

I would like to have my kindergarten students stamp/create a nice keepsake for their moms/grandmas for Mother's Day. I am looking for some suggestions. I combed the gallery a bit but thought I would ask here also for some great ideas!!! Thanks everyone!
Aimee

sprtchick 04-22-2010 10:59 AM

How about their hand prints on cards? I would have treasured something like that...
blessings.

Diana stamps 04-22-2010 11:49 AM

I had my first-graders make post-it note holders with their pictures on the front. The first post it note had a note from the child.

I have already had the students design gift wrapping paper and wrap a box. Inside the box was a paper with the child's lip print on it and a note saying whenever mom needed a kiss all she had to do was open the box. Of course I warned the parents ahead of time that one day their child would come home with traces of lipstick on their lips for a surprise we were making.

bound4london 04-22-2010 12:50 PM

I love handprint cards from my children. They are treasures. And anything where they write the words themselves--so fun to look back at. The lip one sounds lovely too--going to pass that one on to a friend who teaches first grade. Sorry I have no ideas at this time but wanted to say YES YES on both of those ideas!!! Any mom will open those and shed good tears!!!!

leftcoastcrafter 04-28-2010 03:19 PM

This year I had my preschool group make covers for mini legal pads. I bought white mini (5" x 8") legal pads from Office depot. I think I paid under 6.00 for 12. I took a 8 1/2" x 11" pastel cardstock and scored at 5 3/8" and 5 5/8". I used a corner rounder to round all 4 corners, folded, and used the ATG gun to glue the pad in the folder. I had the children choose what color they thought their mom would like and decorate the front cover with markers. I then stamped MOM on kraft and punched out with SU large oval punch. I punched out many colors with the SU scallop oval punch and let the children choose one to add to their cover. They were a lot of fun to make an opened ended project for the kids. They then decorated 6" x 9" white envelopes to hold their gifts.

cardmaker2 04-28-2010 05:05 PM

This is what we are making this year in Kindergarten: A recipe holder to hang on the fridge. Fold a 8 1/2 x 11 piece of pastel cardstock not quite in half; leave an inch and a half or so at the top. Hole punch 5 holes down each side to fasten the two together, kids thread narrow ribbon through the holes. leave a long end at the top of each side and tie. In the opening we will be inserting a copy of each teacher/TA's favorite recipe on a recipe card. Also in the holder we will put the card they make for Mom.

On the front they will decorate with stickers, foamy shapes, flowers.

sophmad 04-28-2010 05:19 PM

3 Attachment(s)
We have made these at home for Daddy -- probably one of the kids was kindergarten age. Two fingerprints together make a cute heart. The other card uses handprints, photos, and drawings. I used craft ink to do the finger/handprints.

2BCreative 04-28-2010 06:10 PM

If you do a card or something with handprints, here's a poem I've used a few times for them. I'm not sure of it's origin. I think it was one that came home with my oldest daughter and some handprints when she was little.

These are the prints you've seen before-
on kitchen walls and bathroom floors.
Those you've removed so graciously-
These you may keep for a memory.

TJo1 04-28-2010 06:33 PM

At my doctor's office the receptionist had a sneaker that had belonged to her son. At his preschool they had spray painted the sneaker gold and then in the opening where the foot would go they had put a small flower plant surrounded by colored tissue paper.
It was really cute.
TJo

michanneleah 04-29-2010 02:49 AM

Hello!

I suggest a personalized cardmaking project with pictures of them and their mother or grandmother. It's cute if they leave a note inside the card.