Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-26-2006, 09:29 PM   #41  
Hardware Hotshot

I disagree... I love the TAC one!

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If youve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-27-2006, 02:20 AM   #42  
Kar
Glitter Guru

There are SOME stamps that I like in the new TAC book but SU will always be where I buy... I HATE!! the unmounted stamps. When I stamp I want to be able to just "grab" the stamp and stamp not have to mount it on an acrylic block. There were VERY FEW stamps in the TAC book that I would even think about buying too... they do have nice papers but that is about all I can say for them. All the unmounted stamps that I have purchased are in my sell box now
SCS member #735
Old 07-27-2006, 02:39 AM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

I am very sorry that I posted anything about flowers since I ended up taking away from the best part of the thread...MOPS. It's a great organization for moms with little ones at home who need adult conversation, an hour of relaxation and a good message.

My apologies...
Old 07-27-2006, 04:53 AM   #44  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks, Vicki, for the heads up about the "sick" factor. That is one of my concerns about putting my daughter in any nursery (she is 13 mos), and I will definitely check it out.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:22 AM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by allamericanstampers
sniff...sniff...I loved being a MOPS mom! Those were the good 'ol years...well, these are too but they are different! TAC also has a Gerbera Daisy stamp that would be beautiful for that! And, you can buy it individually so it wouldn't be too expensive for this! $5.95! Everyone could get their own at that price! I have it in my gallery...but I've only done it in blue!

I was just going to say that -- I just got it although most of my stamps are SU I did get that Gerber daisy stamp because I am such a gerber daisy fan.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2006, 06:32 AM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunshine
Thanks, Vicki, for the heads up about the "sick" factor. That is one of my concerns about putting my daughter in any nursery (she is 13 mos), and I will definitely check it out.
Definitely worth checking out! Our MOPS group just finished its first year, but I know we are very vigilant in sanitizing each play area before and after each meeting. Don't want to spread any nasty germs...

As far as starting up a group, it's not too bad. I would say you need to have at least five committed women, though, to share the workload. It has been an incredible experience for me and I can't wait to get started with the "Fresh Air!" Our steering team is meeting on Tuesday to start nailing down plans for the year - I already have a good list of projects I'm planning!
Be joyful because you have hope. Be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times. Romans 12:12 (NCV)
Old 07-27-2006, 10:07 AM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

I know when our non-MOPS groups was started, it was just neighborhood gals. I live in a development that has 3 "mini" neighborhoods sort of connected. Everybody's mailboxes are these big boxes with 20 or so locked boxes...perfect for taping up flyers, lol.

For several months one gal would walk by my house with her baby stroller and we'd chat as I was outside with my son. Eventually all the "we shoulds" became an afternoon of putting up flyers and meeting at her house. Nothing formal at all. But that first meeting we had 8 moms! And kids, of course, lol. Since it was summer there wasn't much worry about germs since we were outside in the yard.

I didn't stay with the group long, since mine was close to Kindergarten age. I did hear that they wound up affiliating with some group, maybe MOPS.

I guess my point is, if you live in an area where it seems like there might be other moms, try putting up flyers and just see what you get!
Old 07-27-2006, 10:43 AM   #48  
Insane Embellisher

The MOPS I went to was a very big church with a lot of members. About 90 MOPS members, so there were a good amount of kids in each child care section. Probably about 12-15 on a regular basis in the same area as my son. Plus, since the church was big, who knows how many kids were eating everything on Sunday - baby's are in the mouth stage where everything goes in the mouth and they share all their germs. I don't know if they sanitized everything or not, but after getting something after the 3rd time I was a bit peeved. It was costing me to go in ways I wasn't expecting. When I kept him out of the play area, he didn't get sick.

MOPS mom's are told to keep their kids out of childcare if they are sick, have a runny nose, etc., and perhaps they did, but who knows what happened on Sunday! Lots of people hate to miss out on something and will still put their kids in if they are sick, and many diseases are contagious even before symptoms arise (like Roseola)...so the mom doesn't even know their kid is sick. I think after age 2, I would be more inclined to put them in child care when their immune systems are a tad better. But I hate to do it with infants as their body's are still working to create their immune system. So I hesitate to go at this time.

And allamericanstampers...I found nothing wrong with your post. This is the general stamping forum and we all like to know our options. If there was a great daisy stamp at Michael's, we may want to know that too. We all encourage each other to buy lots of non-catalog stuff as well, like the ATG gun, great stamp cleaner, other company's stamps, prismacolor pencils... Nothing wrong with being an enabler. I know MOPS groups have a budget, so the TAC stamp may be more attractive if they would want a stamp for a project. Thanks for sharing.

Just my $.10

Vicki

Remember no time is ever wasted that makes people better friends...so we aren't all wasting our time here on SCS.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:16 PM   #49  
Crimping Master

Wink

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryrose
MOPS craft ladies,

If you haven't seen the new SU sunflower, then you really need to! Check it out at the website:

www.stampinup.com

It is extremely versatile, there are two sizes of flower , and it is a two-step stamping set that is very easy to use, esp. for those MOPS moms who are not big crafters.

This sunflower set is much cheaper than a similar sunflower set that SU had featured a few years back, and in my humble opinion, it is so much more beautiful than any other flower out there. Just think of the amazing projects you could make with it!

I know that my MOPS group used a Decorative Daisy to stamp on t-shirts, and they are adorable! I wear mine all the time!

mary rose
Mary Rose,

I love that set and am hoping to get it with my next order! I think it is awesome how you can stamp the flower in one direction and then turn it 180 and stamp again with another color to get a beautiful flower! I can't wait to get my set and I'll be checking out your gallery for ideas!

TFS
Judi
Old 07-27-2006, 06:30 PM   #50  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by allamericanstampers
I am very sorry that I posted anything about flowers since I ended up taking away from the best part of the thread...MOPS. It's a great organization for moms with little ones at home who need adult conversation, an hour of relaxation and a good message.

My apologies...
Don't be sorry. I bought both! LOL. That's what we do here. We enable one another!

Actually, the TAC stamp is beautiful. I did order it and I'm glad you posted the info for me. I am an equal opportunity stamper. Let's face it, when you only use stamps from one company, it's like going to Baskin and Robbin's Ice cream and always getting Vanilla...there's 30 other flavors! LOL

And,, of course- Hooray for MOPS!
Gina

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:02 PM   #51  
Gabfest Goddess

SU! is definitely the one to get hands down. So beautiful and versatile and a little over 3 dollars a stamp with the best quality rubber out there is a steal!!!
Old 07-27-2006, 08:29 PM   #52  
Polyshrink Goddess

Actually, I like them both but then again, I love anything that is Daisys or Sunflowers! Two of my favourite flowers. I really do enjoy the fact that SU! sells sets that co-ordinate, and I'm not stuck using my imagination all the time trying to find something that goes with another. But I really do like that little Daisy........

My blog:
http://stylishcreationsbydebbie.blogspot.com/