Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Mono Multi Questions (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/mono-multi-questions-307667/)

Carebear530 12-14-2007 03:05 PM

Mono Multi Questions

I just bought some mono multi & am working on my Christmas cards. I wondered if it's stong enought to hold on a crystal if I put it in a dot of multi on the paper?. I also wondered if it dries clear?

dacpam 12-14-2007 03:22 PM

I use mine all the time but never have on crystals so am not quite sure of the answer.

However, wanted to give you a little suggestion about using it. When I have used it to apply little beads, colored crytals or tiny pearls, I put a drop of it on an old cd or something and then take a pin and put it on the back of the embellishment. It helps by not getting too much on it for you can control it better. I sometimes, depending on what I am attaching, hold it with a long pair of tweezers too and then use the tweezers to place it with more accuracy.

Hope this helps you out a bit.

Hope this helps

Carebear530 12-14-2007 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dacpam (Post 8019271)
I use mine all the time but never have on crystals so am not quite sure of the answer.

However, wanted to give you a little suggestion about using it. When I have used it to apply little beads, colored crytals or tiny pearls, I put a drop of it on an old cd or something and then take a pin and put it on the back of the embellishment. It helps by not getting too much on it for you can control it better. I sometimes, depending on what I am attaching, hold it with a long pair of tweezers too and then use the tweezers to place it with more accuracy.

Hope this helps you out a bit.

Hope this helps

Thank you!

SherryLC05 12-14-2007 03:50 PM

I bet it would hold it! I love Mono Multi- it's very strong! It may take a little longer to set than normal, though!

Carebear530 12-14-2007 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SherryLC05 (Post 8019485)
I bet it would hold it! I love Mono Multi- it's very strong! It may take a little longer to set than normal, though!

Thanks I will let them sit out over night.

bnlnkids 12-14-2007 05:47 PM

Yes, the Mono Multi will hold your crystal in place. For my Christmas cards last year, I put a crystal in the center of one of the Snow Flurries snowflakes, then popped the snowflake up on a dimensional. I was worried that the crystal get rubbed off, going through the mail like that and everything, but everyone said that the card arrived in one piece and crystal still attached! And yes, it dries pretty clear.

After that little test, I was convinced that Mono Multi is the best adhesive and I use it exclusively now, for everything. Hope this helps! :)

mnhyrkas 12-14-2007 05:57 PM

you could always test one out on a scrap cardstock to test it, although I'm sure you already thought of that ;)

greetingsbydebra 12-15-2007 05:48 AM

MM holds ANYTHING! I use it to attach metal charms, hold my paper clip bookmarks together, etc. It's stampers super glue.

fionna51 12-17-2007 04:34 AM

And guess what?!

It's in the new catty!!!!