Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Mixing companies and then selling cards? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/mixing-companies-then-selling-cards-235974/)

SilverDragoness 03-27-2007 10:02 AM

Mixing companies and then selling cards?

I've been thinking about trying to help the shelter medicine club at school (I'm in vet school) make cards for our annual Pet Day. I think it would be a great fundraiser for the club and then we could potentially give part or all of the proceeds to a local animal shelter. I'm thinking about making about three different desings pre-cutting the cardstock and then having people come and make them early on in the term.

So of course if we're going to be selling these I'm going to have to use stamps by angel companies and abide by their rules. What do you do when you want to mix companies stamps? Lots of them require acknowledgement on the back which I totally understand. Do you list what is what? Or should I just forget about it and make pure cards from each companies products? That would sort of limit my designs but I doubt it would be that difficult. Thoughts? Suggestions?

ssummerer 03-27-2007 10:25 AM

I would just stamp both copyrights on the back.

fionna51 03-27-2007 10:57 AM

I guess it would be best not to mix the companies. It wouldn't really be following any company's angel policy if you didn't acknowledge EVERY company you used on the card. For example, maybe your main image is SU and your sentiments (in and out) are two other companies, and you used BG from still another. If you were to list all of them on the back of the card, your customer would be "overwhelmed"...or look at you as if you were crazy! Plus you would have to follow the MOST restrictive angel policy. Personally I wouldn't mix companies unless it were ones that had NO restrictions whatever.

JMHO

fionna51 03-27-2007 10:59 AM

...And for "safety's sake", I definitely wouldn't mix SU with any other company.

Donna Cook 03-27-2007 11:52 AM

I'm not sure if it is against SU policy to use their images with other companies, I think the only requirement is that you give them credit with their angel policy stamp, not sell at a permanent venue (craft fair is ok) or online...I think if your browse the websites of the companies you want to use, you can find out who has those severe restrictions. Keep those companies products together. Some say they would like you to give credit if possible. Perhaps you can put the cards in a baggie with a note giving stamp credits to other companies that don't require it to be on the item. So that you don't end up with a laundry list on the back of the card.

ssummerer 03-27-2007 12:04 PM

I haven't seen a single angel policy that says you must only use their company's stamps on the card. If I were to do it, I'd just ink the copyright part of each angel stamp and get the back. I don't think it would look too cluttered if it said something like "Copyright Stampin' Up, Copyright A Muse" or whatever...

Kisamari 03-27-2007 12:35 PM

It seems that I remember reading somewhere that you cannot mix CTMH with other stuff if you are going to sell them (at non-permanent venues)... not even their paper. I don't remember reading that about any other company.

What about stamping the angel policy image on an address sticker, then on a clear envelope or ziplock, like someone suggested before.

When I sell stuff at a craft fair, I use the same company stamps on one item, it just is easier for me, and if it is not a card, I just stamp the angel stamp on the price tag.

When I sell at a permanent location, I use true angel images and have no worries as I don't have to put an "angel" stamp on them.

I would say for you to keep things easy, don't mix companies, have an angel stamp at the "station" where you will be making the card that needs the stamp, have each person stamp the back with it, and if you have a true angel card, have no worries as you don't need an "angel stamp!"

Have fun and good luck!

jeanstamping2 03-27-2007 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssummerer
I haven't seen a single angel policy that says you must only use their company's stamps on the card. If I were to do it, I'd just ink the copyright part of each angel stamp and get the back. I don't think it would look too cluttered if it said something like "Copyright Stampin' Up, Copyright A Muse" or whatever...

The only company that I know of is CTMH.
Here is the link to Angel Policy that they have.
http://www.closetomyheart.com/angelpolicy.aspx

But as far as other Stamp companies you will have to check there websites out and read their Angel Policy.

I know TAC has a Angel Policy.. That let you sell just about anywhere....As long as what you made is Handstamped!
And not copied. or mass produced.

lauraos 03-27-2007 04:03 PM

I mix companies with cards I sell and acknowledge even those who don't require it (in fact I find myself using more and more of these types of companies). I usually, very neatly, print something like images � x, y, z
I usually place the companies in alphabetical order.

Laura

SilverDragoness 03-27-2007 05:35 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone. I know that the various angel policies can vary quite a bit I was just curious what others did. I'm not going to go out of my way to purchase new stamps for this project since I have tons already ;) and I was planning probably just donating my time and supplies.

sf9erfan 03-27-2007 09:49 PM

Just curious if when giving credit to more than one company -like in Lauraos's reply, is that handwritten? I have a SU angel policy stamp, but none from other companies. Just wondering if an actual stamp is stamped on the back from each company. ie. SU and cardbackabella...

lauraos 03-28-2007 03:56 AM

Most of the companies I use do not have back of the card stamps so I just handwrite them neatly. (I put this at the very bottom underneath my own company info stamp).

Laura

Pamstamps2 03-28-2007 04:24 AM

I put it on a label that is clear on the back of the card or package of cards.

Movin'Mel 03-28-2007 06:01 AM

Subscribing.