Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-16-2015, 11:44 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2016: What are your plans?

Do you have any crafting plans for the new year?

Do your plans include buying less, crafting more? Or maybe you've got a gap in your supplies and your goal for the new year is more dies, stamps or colored ink pads. Perhaps you want to learn a new technique, start a journal, finish your Christmas cards in July.

I don't like resolutions, mostly because I feel like a failure when March rolls around and I realize that I did not do what I resolved to do three months earlier. But I do think it's important to head into a new year with goals and a game plan to achieve them.

How about your? What are your creative goals, plans or resolutions for 2016?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2015, 12:18 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Melissa59, good question. I truly would like to make Christmas Cards before November, but have yet to succeed. Although I have already decided that I'm not doing the mass production thing again, so Making half a dozen a month may be more do-able. I would also like to make a start with an art journal- I have bought myself a couple of journals,and gradually collecting mediums for them.
I also intend to make more cards, and art next year, and blog more. In late 2014 I was diagnosed with bowel cancer, and having had radio/chemotherapy, then chemotherapy again, I finally had mega-major surgery to remove it, along with my tailbone, in September. So I've been finding it hard to get my mojo and motivation in gear, but intend to give myself a metaphorical kick up the backside!I'm off work whilst I'm recovering, and know that I don't want to be going back to work looking back on all this wasted time when I could have been crafting!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2015, 02:36 PM   #3  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,378 Likes on 513 Posts

Shazsilverwolf, I wish you well on your road of recovery.

Getting back into scrapbooking is my goal. I have been making pages for my twin nephews for their first year. I am almost done, and then I want to start scrapbooking my family again. I have not done any memory keeping of my family for a few years, although I do have pictures. I quit because I just didn't have anything to say in my albums, and that is what inspires a layout for me. Now my older two girls are teens and my youngest is close and I find that journaling ideas and quotes are coming to me again. I have a notebook that I write journaling in as it comes to me so the important part is already captured. I just want to pair it with photos and make it artistic!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2015, 03:16 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Positive thoughts being sent your way @shazsilverwolf

My 2016 goals are:
1) Finish my craft room purge and reorganization. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!
2) Make and send 1,000 cards to SCS Cards for a Cause, SCS Ronald McDonald House, Caring Hearts Card Drive, Winter Sim's Valentine card drive, Royal Camp for Kids, cards for the church where my crafty group meets and a few more.
3) Complete 2 Week in the Life scrapbook projects - one in the spring, one in the fall.
4) Play around with watercoloring and Copics

That's a big goal but I'll enjoy working towards it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2015, 04:22 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Shazsilverwolf, you are obviously a very strong woman. A fighter, a survivor! I totally relate to the tug of war that comes from not being motivated while at the same time not wanting to waste time that could be spent crafting.

For me, 2015 was a period of recuperation and regeneration. My first five months were spent in bed or a wheelchair. It was just a broken bone but it required two surgeries and I was not strong enough to use crutches. My less-than-stellar physical stamina only worsened during that time. The last seven months have been focused on regaining my balance and strength. It's been a very slow process. Stepping off a curb requires thought and simple grocery shopping wears me out. I feel like I'm 105!

My 2016 goals:
1) Take part in more SCS challenges, but not feel guilty when I don't. Challenges include:
a) Christmas Card
b) Mix-Ability (mixed media)
c) Cards for a Cause or maybe start donating to the local county hospital.

2) Start a weekly or bi-weekly art journal with pages that reflect me, my interests or my life. I thought about signing up for an online art journal class/challenge but decided that would be too structured. I'll either use the mixed media challenges or look to Pinterest and make my own challenge.

3) Have a regular writing schedule. This is not papercrafts but it's something that I need so I don't die regretting not having done it.

4) To do the items above, I will have to be more focused and much more organized. It will require cleaning up between projects. Spending less time browsing and more time doing. Being disciplined about when I sleep and when I wake. And it will definitely require taking better care of my health.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2015, 07:34 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great topic Melissa!

Shazsilverwolf I pray you recover fully from cancer & surgery and are soon feeling well enough to create and enjoy your life again!

Well, I would actually like to start using more of the tools and dies that I have accumulated. I am going to close Chic and Savvy Crafters and sell just on Ebay. I have had a store there for 10 years and sell way more than on my own website. This will give me more time to spend in my stamp room too. My husband was recently in a bad accident. He was sitting at a red light in our Jeep when he was hit from behind by a young man going over 50 mph. The young man didnt even slow down! There were no skid marks where he tried to break. It flipped our Jeep over on the roof and sent it skidding down the road. I am so happy he wasnt killed. Now I am taking care of him and dealing with everything that follows an accident that totaled the car. Looking at new SUV's dealing with hospital bills, ambulance and insurance stuff. We have not seen a police report yet so we dont know if the young man was impared or what. So that is going on.

I want to play with watercoloring, my Brushos, Bisters and just make more cards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2015, 11:12 PM   #7  
Swapper of the Month February 2013

Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

Shazsilverwolf praying for a speedy recovery!

I think in 2016 I need to do more purging in my craft room. It's time to get rid of the stuff I really don't use. Over the last few years I've gained control of the spending and actually have stopped buying stuff - this year I think I only really bought cardstock which is a once a year trip to a store that has great prices (sells by the pound). I've learned that I don't need to try every new thing that comes on the market and have learned that my style is more simple.

I need to replenish my stash of cards on hand - I'm totally out now and have even just this week cried "uncle" and decided Christmas cards this year just aren't happening. I want to get more involved with Cards for a Cause this year too. I send about 6 cards a week out so I do need to make at least 6 per week once I do get my stash built back up.

Not sure what the new year will bring for my blog. I stopped blogging and thought about totally closing it but for some reason didn't. It's been a couple months since I've posted anything. Not sure if I will leave it open and post again or what to do. Still thinking that one over.

As for other crafty ventures - I've been getting more into crochet lately too and want to make about 5 afghans in 2016. I have the yarn to start the first one. 3 of them will be Christmas gifts for our 3 kids next year. The other two will also be gifts but for friends. I also want to complete at least 3 cross stitch projects next year too.

Hmmm, it's going to be a busy crafty year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2015, 03:09 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh my goodness. The sad stories in this thread. Shazsilverwolf -- you go girl. Wishing you remission, cure, health!! Melissa59, yikes. Hope you continue to get back your strength. And Amber, I am so sorry to read this about your husband. Scary Best of luck with his recovery.

Ok, about 2016.

I have already started a major decluttering. 4 boxes of stuff is being donated. I hope to finish the clean up by the end of this week. Such an awesome feeling!!!!

Want to go back to having matching ink and cardstock so I'm sorting through the options and will try to select one that has cube sized ink pads.

Want to finish the "stamping book" I'm writing on my blog.

The rest is gravy! Happy 2016 everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2015, 05:41 AM   #9  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 587 Likes on 240 Posts

I have not scrapped much since my old CM rep quit hosting crops and my area at home turned into a big disaster. Now, in my new house, I have a pretty good setup and I will be tackling some half-done albums as soon as I put away the Christmas crafting stuff. 2016 = scrap for me.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2015, 06:34 AM   #10  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 47 Likes on 20 Posts

My plan is to become a SU! demo!!!! I'm so excited waiting for Jan 4th! My demo has been very supportive I think I'll be a good split between hobby and business. I know several ladies who want to learn stamping so I'm excited to teach them!

I also hope to have custom orders. I'm already in the planning stages of some favors/goodies for a high school graduation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2015, 07:07 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

Firstly I will try to find my mind! I lost it somewhere between Sept & Oct!! Haven't seen it since!! LOL Secondly my new year's resolution will be to NOT buy 'stuff'! Not the latest die.. not the special paper.. not the cute stamp set of flowers (which I have 2 dozen of them already)! I am going to use old stuff..recycle some stuff..and purge stuff not used anymore! The only thing I am allowed to buy are things like tape etc. Well what do you think? Have I really lost my mind?????????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2015, 08:49 AM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

My goals are really simple: more crafting, less TV.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2015, 09:16 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissa59View Post
The last seven months have been focused on regaining my balance and strength. It's been a very slow process. Stepping off a curb requires thought and simple grocery shopping wears me out. I feel like I'm 105!
Thanks everyone for your good wishes- I am somewhat of a fighter, right from the start my attitude was ' It's beaten, it just doesn't know it yet'! And Melissa, I am understanding you 100%. My surgery involved removing my tailbone, then replacing it with a flap of muscle & skin from my stomach. So that could heal properly, my Plastic surgeons had me lay on my side, being turned by nurses for two weeks. No sitting, standing or walking. I was totally shocked, when they wanted me to stand and walk, to discover my legs did not want to hold me up, and that my body had pretty much forgotten how to walk. I too move about like I'm a Hundred,with a walking stick, and often feel like a toddler, needing my hand held on steps/curbs etc! Sorry by the way for hijacking the thread- but these things show we never know what our fellow posters are actually struggling with day to day. We all pop up on here, seemingly life as normal. Yet all of us are doing our own fighting daily.
Oh, and BuriedTreasures, I'd substitute less Pinning on Pinterest, and more making, instead of telly, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2015, 09:34 AM   #14  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Do you have any crafting plans for the new year?

Do your plans include buying less, crafting more? Or maybe you've got a gap in your supplies and your goal for the new year is more dies, stamps or colored ink pads. Perhaps you want to learn a new technique, start a journal, finish your Christmas cards in July.

I don't like resolutions, mostly because I feel like a failure when March rolls around and I realize that I did not do what I resolved to do three months earlier. But I do think it's important to head into a new year with goals and a game plan to achieve them.

How about your? What are your creative goals, plans or resolutions for 2016?
First, sending huge hugs to everybody in this thread. It's always amazing to me that we can survive, and even thrive, while dealing with the heaviest issues.

The early part of this year for me is going to be about cleaning up, straightening, donating excess/unused stuff and giving myself breathing space in the craft room. I am on a squeaky tight craft budget due to seeing a financial counselor :rolleyes: but I see it as an opportunity to reevaluate what I really need to be happy while crafting.

I don't have a ton of stuff, but my tiny room is starting to burst at the seams, so I'll just buy consumables and tools that help me use what I already have better, like the MISTI that I bought myself for Christmas

I will continue to work at my craft table every day, even if it's only for a little while, and remain off my own back about any other goals!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2015, 10:29 AM   #15  
Glitter Queen

I was just thinking about a thread like this. First, hugs to all of you dealing with health issues. Something so important that we often take for granted.
Second, I have to STOP buying stuff and work on using up what I have. Besides adhesives, I should be able to go about 10 years or so before I have a real need!! While a part of me would love to be a hobby SU consultant, my practical side is saying, first, get this hobby and all my stuff under control. I think my goal besides the buying moratorium is to be ahead of the game. So that means I should be working on valentines right away in January. And keep sending cards. I might do some purging, but I go back and forth on that issue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2015, 11:26 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

I am seriously thinking about store bought Christmas cards next year. Will only make cards for a few family members, hubby and kids.

Again this year I sent out 38 cards, 35 of them were hand made. And no cards in today's mail. Seems many have stopped sending cards, a few send Christmas wishes via email or facebook which I don't feel is personal. But that is the way many people deal with communication.

Oh and two books of stamps cost $19 and change. Plus all the supplies and time. I just don't think it is worth it any more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2015, 11:36 AM   #17  
Inking Addict

Positive thoughts for those who are conquering health issues of their own or of a family member or who are adjusting to big changes in life and circumstances.

My plans for the upcoming year include:

Sending cards more often. Even if I'm in touch with people via social media or other electronic means, send cards too.
Donate cards.
Get over being afraid to try new things. Be messy for a change.
Start scrapbooking again. I'm going to give pocket style scrapping a try.
Other hobbies - I'm determined to master crochet and I'd like to try pin loom weaving.

Thanks for posting this - good to think about goals and interesting to read others thoughts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2015, 11:58 AM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

Prayers for everyone in this thread!

I haven't thought much about goals for 2016. But I think this is a good start:

1. Continue purging my studio. I need to be more ruthless when deciding on what to sell or donate. I have way too many stamps that I just had to have and have never used. My problem is that when I look at them, I still like them a lot and want to keep them.

2. Work on getting everything into Evernote I have started, but it is daunting!

3. Organize my studio is a better way. Although the way it is organized now works because I know where most things are, I would like it to be neater in appearance.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2015, 12:51 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 290 Likes on 114 Posts

Great thread, Melissa! I agree that we think everything is hunky-dory in everyone's little world until someone pulls back the curtain and we get a glimpse. That's why the quote, "Everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always." is so popular - it's so true! Love and light to all who are struggling on ANY level!

I, for one, am incredibly grateful for the learning and growth of 2015, but I am even MORE grateful that we can soon slam the door SHUT on this one and start anew...

I'm going to go off-grid as much as possible and spend my time creating and building a life (I've been in limbo for quite awhile now). My husband is starting a new job January 4th which will involve a lot of travel and, while I'll miss him, I'm looking forward to the solitude. I haven't had "alone time" for months now, and it's crazy-making for me...

I think that SkyBlueSky's idea of "emotional art journalling" is something that would be totally and completely cathartic and motivational for me, so that is the only absolute...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2015, 12:53 PM   #20  
Glitter Guru

Received 807 Likes on 528 Posts

Sending hugs and strength to all on this thread dealing with health issues!

Amber - thanks for the heads up about selling only on eBay. I always buy my clear envelopes from you :p Sending good thoughts to you and your hubby.

Zella - so good to see your name!! I miss you in Pam's monthly swap group!

Plans for 2016:

Using all the DP I already own - not buying anymore unless I absolutely have to.

Continue participating in SCS swaps. I'm too chicken to host one but am perfectly content to be a "follower" and sign up for the ones that interest me.

Going through all the miscellaneous craft/stamp/scrap stuff I have and getting rid of what I'll never use.

Trying to contribute more to RMH and also try to participate in the "Need A Lift" card requests and also Cards for a Cause.

Great thread
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2015, 01:24 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hugs thoughts and prayers to those who're struggling. It has been a rough year here too with my mom's cancer metastasizing to her brain in the spring and her death in September. I still feel so raw and like I'm just slogging through my days. I'd like to get myself back into some sort of schedule and routine.

Always need to work on sorting through the "stuff" of life....not just in my craft area but my overabundance of books, etc.

My spiritual life has been dry too so I'd like to jumpstart that. I will be leading a Bible study starting in January so that will help, but I also saw Rolodex Scripture cards and thought that would be a cool way to combine both needs! I was able to pick up a big Rolodex for $3 at a local ding and dent store.

Sending more cards is always on the list too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2015, 04:45 PM   #22  
Crimping Master

Sending major hugs to every one dealing with health issues right now. I hope 2016 sees you feeling better and gaining the upper hand on things. All of you show a great deal of strength in dealing with these issues and are inspirations to others facing similar circumstances.

My 2016 goals: One major goal is to look into selling my cards, on Etsy and locally.

I also want to donate more cards to the VA and SPCA in my area.

I need to develop discipline to go through the tutorials and technique challenges and get these skills learned. I�m not very creative or imaginative, so learning the techniques helps me make better cards and better use of my dies.

Continue in my re-org. Need to find more efficient ways to store and use scraps in the future.

Spend more time learning my Silhouette. The more I learn what it can do, the more it amazes me. The more time I invest in learning the advance functions, the higher the $$ yield on this machine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2015, 04:57 PM   #23  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet1000View Post
I need to develop discipline to go through the tutorials and technique challenges and get these skills learned. I�m not very creative or imaginative, so learning the techniques helps me make better cards and better use of my dies.

Continue in my re-org. Need to find more efficient ways to store and use scraps in the future.
I need some ideas for scraps! They are growing exponentially in my craft room and I don't have the heart to throw these good pieces into the recycle bin. I tried to file them away but that didn't seem to work very well for me-- I need them out and visible so I will use them when I'm die cutting etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2015, 05:18 PM   #24  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

Hugs and good wishes to everyone...

I think I could stamp from now until the day after never... and only need to buy adhesive.

I have signed up for the Christmas card challenge; I had my design and what I thought was plenty of time to get my cards done this year... until I got the flu and more health problems as a result. I think I'm on the road to recovery... if the cure doesn't kill me first! I have exactly one half of one Christmas card finished.

I tend not to work on my cards unless I have a "chunk" of time. I would like to change that and there's absolutely no reason I can't... unless I get in my own way.

I sell a lot of my cards; I want to work on them to stay ahead of demand. AND have a stash for my personal use. This is going to be my "Stamp to Spend". If I kept up with demand, there would be no reason to use my personal funds for stamping goodies.

Art journaling - just thinking about this relaxes me. This is an on-going goal: I have 3 grandchildren, and I want them to know that I'm more than just Nana. And I want them to know what kind of person their Pops (my husband) was. They've always lived halfway across the country, so we've not gotten to know each other except in bits and pieces.

To dream the impossible dream: keep my schtuff picked up and put away so I can find it and start all over again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2015, 05:29 PM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 252 Likes on 177 Posts

So many hardships on this one thread. Prayers to all.

I took a 4 year break so I definitely plan to stamp more.

I definitely want to make cards for more organizations Cards for a Cause - Splitcoaststampers.

I want to send out more "hello" or "thinking of you" cards just for fun .

Last edited by cheermom; 12-17-2015 at 05:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2015, 05:32 PM   #26  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarlingView Post
I need some ideas for scraps! They are growing exponentially in my craft room and I don't have the heart to throw these good pieces into the recycle bin. I tried to file them away but that didn't seem to work very well for me-- I need them out and visible so I will use them when I'm die cutting etc.
Depends on what you consider scraps, but little pieces are the bane of my existence, so into the trash they go. Oh, the freedom! Try it. You know I have good taste in paper (lol) - I'll send you more!!!!!!! Unless the scrap is basically the size of a card front, I don't keep it.

Do you have something about the size of a napkin holder? Cut some page protectors (or something similar) in half and file those in the napkin holder, using a few to separate the colors. With the open tops, it's easy to just drop your scraps in the separate page protectors. Then when you want a specific color, it's easy to pull out the protector and see what you have that you can use. It's also easy to tell when you're not using your scraps enough!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2015, 06:16 PM   #27  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfanView Post
Depends on what you consider scraps, but little pieces are the bane of my existence, so into the trash they go. Oh, the freedom! Try it. You know I have good taste in paper (lol) - I'll send you more!!!!!!! Unless the scrap is basically the size of a card front, I don't keep it.

Do you have something about the size of a napkin holder? Cut some page protectors (or something similar) in half and file those in the napkin holder, using a few to separate the colors. With the open tops, it's easy to just drop your scraps in the separate page protectors. Then when you want a specific color, it's easy to pull out the protector and see what you have that you can use. It's also easy to tell when you're not using your scraps enough!
Grrr8888t idea! I'll bet I can find a cheapo one at the dollar store. And once it's filled, that's it! Bye bye.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2015, 11:25 PM   #28  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
Want to go back to having matching ink and cardstock so I'm sorting through the options and will try to select one that has cube sized ink pads.
I would love to know which companies you are considering.

I'm looking for affordable dye ink, preferable in mini cubes with reinkers. Memento was at the top of my list but the reinkers in many colors are not easily available.

Someone told me about Papertrey Ink, with matching ink pads, ink cubes and cardstock. But (there's that word again) the cardstock does not come in 12x12, and I'm planning to get back into scrapbooking.

CTMH sells 12x12 cardstock but (yep, always a but) the mini reinkers are pigment, which I don't like. The dye ink comes only in full size.

So, I'm still trying to decide which direction to go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2015, 11:59 PM   #29  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
I think that SkyBlueSky's idea of "emotional art journalling" is something that would be totally and completely cathartic and motivational for me, so that is the only absolute...
I think those of us who want to work on a "me" and/or "emotional" art journal should find a thread where we can encourage one another ... no expectations to create x amount of pages, no pressure to post our artwork for all to see. Just a place to talk about our journals, the art that goes into them and maybe even some of our interests or events in our lives that prompt us to create our pages.

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppydarlingView Post
I mostly limit my scraps to pieces 2"x3" for white cardstock (big enough for a sentiment) or bigger for other paper. My scraps go into jumbo zip style bags, sorted by color. Those bags are in two magazine holders an arms reach from my chair. The majority of colored paper on my cards come from those bags. (Mostly because I'm too lazy to walk across the room to the full sheets! LOL)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaxsixView Post
My spiritual life has been dry too so I'd like to jumpstart that. I will be leading a Bible study starting in January so that will help, but I also saw Rolodex Scripture cards and thought that would be a cool way to combine both needs!
I love this idea! I have a rolodex tucked into a drawer, but it's one with a rolling lid which would limit the art on the cards. I think I might have to see if I can hunt down one without a cover. There are days when it would be nice to flip through and find something uplifting to read. For me, it might be a mix of scripture and encouraging quotes. I have to post a photo of your link because I think these little cards are so great:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2015, 03:13 AM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 137 Likes on 54 Posts

2016 Goals:

1. Get my craft room clean and back into shape. It seems to have become a catchall for everything the past year. I have a bag that I took on a girls' weekend last January sitting on the floor (cookbooks and recipes that I was creating for my sons) that I have yet to empty, mainly because said project isn't complete.
2. Complete the aforementioned project.
3. Create a large amount of Christmas cards. Hoping to use a a TON of supplies for this which in turns will help with aforementioned cleaning.
4. Start and possibly complete scrapbooks of our trip to Walt Disney World that we took when the boys were little. I'm primarily a cardmaker and scrap in spurts. My last spurt was two years ago. I have a couple of girls' weekends and crops scheduled for the first part of the year so I'm hoping to work on these goals at those.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2015, 08:12 AM   #31  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

2016 Goals

1. Not leave making upwards of 50 cards for Christmas until the 17th of December :rolleyes:
2. Continue the long laborious painful task of cataloging my stamps
3. Make Time to create - I can make time for everybody and anybody in my life except myself - this needs to change
4. look at the layout of my craftroom, somethings just aren't working for me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2015, 10:09 AM   #32  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I think those of us who want to work on a "me" and/or "emotional" art journal should find a thread where we can encourage one another ... no expectations to create x amount of pages, no pressure to post our artwork for all to see. Just a place to talk about our journals, the art that goes into them and maybe even some of our interests or events in our lives that prompt us to create our pages.

I mostly limit my scraps to pieces 2"x3" for white cardstock (big enough for a sentiment) or bigger for other paper. My scraps go into jumbo zip style bags, sorted by color. Those bags are in two magazine holders an arms reach from my chair. The majority of colored paper on my cards come from those bags. (Mostly because I'm too lazy to walk across the room to the full sheets! LOL)

I love this idea! I have a rolodex tucked into a drawer, but it's one with a rolling lid which would limit the art on the cards. I think I might have to see if I can hunt down one without a cover. There are days when it would be nice to flip through and find something uplifting to read. For me, it might be a mix of scripture and encouraging quotes. I have to post a photo of your link because I think these little cards are so great

Maybe we could start an art journal encouragement thread in the Mixed Media forum?

Great idea on the scraps. And you could do a similar idea to that Rolodex with an O-ring and tags or little ATC sized cards mounted on thin cardboard. You could flip through easily whenever you need inspiration!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2015, 11:21 AM   #33  
Hardware Hotshot

Attend some new SU demo classes....one in Jan. & one in Feb. The Feb is all day. 25 cards for $20 through a community center. The most cards I've ever made in one day at a class is 10 and that always seems like a lot! I'm going with two stamping friends. I may have to stay overnight!

The other is someone I met through facebook. We kept seeing we had a lot of the same friends. We became friends on FB and then when we met in real life at a craft fair (she had a booth) and we hugged liked old friends! CRAZY! She became an SU demo a while back and I'm going to her class in Jan.

I don't need to buy much new if anything. I love using up supplies and look to 2016 to continue using what I have already. I will probably buy a few new things. I always need to re-stock basics too.

Last edited by Allistamps123; 12-18-2015 at 11:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2015, 01:08 PM   #34  
Stampin' Fool

I used a spreadsheet to keep track of my spending and I am liking that I am more conscious about my spending!! So my 2016 crafting goals.....

1) Make more complicate cards (I am a clean and simple gals but would love to be able to step it up a bit
2) Still control my spending to $1000 / year.
3) Send more cards to friends, families and co-workers (will have to stay on top of this)
4) Continue to donate cards for Card For a Cause and RMHC
Card for a Cause / RMH Swap
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2015, 01:27 PM   #35  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by jukieView Post
3. Make Time to create - I can make time for everybody and anybody in my life except myself - this needs to change
That's so important - thanks for that reminder.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2015, 01:31 PM   #36  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow! Shazsilverwolf, Melissa and Amber, your stories encourage me greatly. My heart hurts for all the pain you've been through but praying you all recover completely. I've been in similar waters this year. In 2009 my husband was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cirrhosis from hepatitis he contracted as a young teen. Our Dr sent us to Houston to the Baylor liver clinic and so began our saga. The first few years were great, no problems..Dr visits every 6 month to monitor all the meds he was on plus MRIs...but in 2012 he had a major bleed that nearly took his life.
He recovered and we went about life until early this year when it was clear his liver had reached the end of its life.
He rallyed quite well between bouts of slight bleeds and swelling, then in June he was evaluated and accepted to the transplant list. Of all those present during orientation, he didn't look sick at all. But all of a sudden July fourth weekend he took a nosedive and between July and August we were in the ER 6 times. He was in ICU each time. While my husband took things pretty hard, I was thinking we were finally going to get his new liver. But on August 23rd he entered the hospital for the last time. I never saw it coming...I was so very sure he would survive but instead he passed away on the 25th.
Christmas day will be the four month mark since he went home to heaven... I feel myself waking up finally...I can formulate complete thoughts and creativity is returning in tiny bits.
My 2016 goals are to draw closer to the Lord, make cards to give away because that makes me happy and figure out what I want to do with my life. ☺

Last edited by klh54; 12-18-2015 at 01:32 PM.. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2015, 01:32 PM   #37  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

My goals for 2016:
1. Finish my re-organization.
2. Make more than 1 of a card design. All my cards are one-of-a-kind except Christmas when I make 4 of a design. I make and send lots of cards: birthday, anniversary, sympathy, etc. and cards for Valentines, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving and even a few for July 4th and St. Pat's. I have to make multiples this year so I have time to play.
3. Make time to play with my inks and tools. I want to watercolor - it's been years since I have done any. I want to see if I like using all the alcohol inks I bought years ago after taking a class, and never used. I want to use my embossing powders instead of just adding them to my collection.
4. Either find ways to use all the chipboard I've had for years or donate it.
5. Scrapbook the 5 [now 6] years of Christmas photos friends and relatives have sent me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2015, 02:29 PM   #38  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by klh54View Post
Christmas day will be the four month mark since he went home to heaven... I feel myself waking up finally...I can formulate complete thoughts and creativity is returning in tiny bits.
My 2016 goals are to draw closer to the Lord, make cards to give away because that makes me happy and figure out what I want to do with my life. ☺
My deepest sympathies, Kathy. That kind of loss is a huge transition, and I hope that you find ease and comfort and a good way forward in the new year. You can't go wrong when crafting, for sure ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2015, 04:59 PM   #39  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm so sorry, Kathy. The words don't come easy to me to convey my thoughts but know I'm sending you a big hug.

For 2016 I hope to give myself permission to make more cards, spend time doing what makes me happy even if I don't always do the things that are expected of me.

I am so happy to have found this place. Years ago when the internet was just in it's infancy, I belonged to a message board on MSN. I met so many wonderful women, a bunch of us met up in Branson, MO. My husband and kids thought I had lost my mind to go with people I'd never met in person but I did and had a wonderful, fun, time. I know I won't do it again, but SCS reminds me of that time and how people can get along, enjoy each other's company and make good friends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-18-2015, 08:13 PM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

So sincerly sorry and hurting for you (Kathy)....I feel blessed beyond measure. Hug hugs to you.
Reply With Quote Likes