Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-27-2006, 03:51 PM   #81  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2cutegirls
Sorry you can't find 54 because it doesn't exist, it's 59. I just moved to Georgia and miss all the scrapping in Michigan. You take 75 to 59 and go East toward Utica/Mt.clements. Simple Pleasures is in Utica or Sterling Heights (on the border) Scrapbook Tree is in Shelby Twp. and Emporium is at 46667 Hayes Rd. in Shelby or Clinton Twp. They are all very large stores and are only a few miles from one another. I'm planning on coming up at Thanksgiving and going shopping. We had 3 stores down here 2 have closed and even the chain stores have about 1/2 of what the Michigan stores carry.
Thanks for all the info......and when you come up in November, you'll have all these added stores you can visit!!.....lol

My Photography Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 12:31 PM   #82  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsAudreyAnn
bump
Anyone have any other favorite craft shops??

Thanks everyone for all your help!!

My Photography Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 01:00 PM   #83  
Crimping Master

Oppss I forgot .......there is a stamping store kinda across the street from Memory Lane in Bay City........Rubber Wonderland..........corner of Washington Ave and 4th street.........

..........lots of fun.......

Lori
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 03:24 PM   #84  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stitchinstampin
Oppss I forgot .......there is a stamping store kinda across the street from Memory Lane in Bay City........Rubber Wonderland..........corner of Washington Ave and 4th street.........

..........lots of fun.......

Lori
Thanks....now I know where they are.....they are listed in the stores section for tickets to the Novi convention!!

My Photography Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 04:15 PM   #85  
"Hot Love" Margarita Mingler

Thumbs up cool scrapbook store

There is one on Van Dyke and 23 mile road in Shelby township called The Scrapbook Tree & stamp garden!!! Its very big!!!
Then theres another one I like on Grosebeck and 16 mile road in Clinton township called Scraps n Stamps!!!!
Hope this helps
Dawn

Luke Bryans #1 Fan Mingler

" When you blame and criticize others, you are avoiding some truth about yourself." ~ Deepak Chopra ~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 05:48 PM   #86  
PAPER SCAPER

Quote:

Originally Posted by DawnMaries
There is one on Van Dyke and 23 mile road in Shelby township called The Scrapbook Tree & stamp garden!!! Its very big!!!
Then theres another one I like on Grosebeck and 16 mile road in Clinton township called Scraps n Stamps!!!!
Hope this helps
Dawn
Wow, someone from my area! If you go back up a few post you'll my earilier post and I listed a number of them in the there including Scrapbook Tree but you might find some you didn't know about.

Do you by change know the names of the two in Romeo? I know one is in Frontier Town and the other is on the way out of town on the other end and around a couple turns, which isn't far with Romeo being small. Both are right on old Van Dyke.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2006, 06:56 PM   #87  
Insane Embellisher

Now I know where you were spending your time today! I caught you! I have a couple of stores I *KNOW* you'd be interested in. The only problem is that they're a bit more than a day trip, but once you get here, we'll provide the personal taxi service. We've been talking about this for years, and you know what they say........."JUST DO IT!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 05:19 AM   #88  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by randie58
Now I know where you were spending your time today! I caught you! I have a couple of stores I *KNOW* you'd be interested in. The only problem is that they're a bit more than a day trip, but once you get here, we'll provide the personal taxi service. We've been talking about this for years, and you know what they say........."JUST DO IT!"
That might happen sooner then you think!!......LOL I've already told hubby that IF I get the buy-out offer.....I'm going to Maine!!......LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My 'navigator' will be FULL of goodies!!.....So, in order for me to do any shopping.....we'll need to play first so I have room to bring my new goodies back!!......LOL

Darn.....I can't get away with anything......I'm gonna start calling you Eagle Eyes.....LOL :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My Photography Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 07:50 AM   #89  
PAPER SCAPER

Quote:

That might happen sooner then you think!!......LOL I've already told hubby that IF I get the buy-out offer.....I'm going to Maine!!......LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My 'navigator' will be FULL of goodies!!.....So, in order for me to do any shopping.....we'll need to play first so I have room to bring my new goodies back!!......LOL

Darn.....I can't get away with anything......I'm gonna start calling you Eagle Eyes.....LOL :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I'm coming too!
I'm having some trouble getting info on those Romeo stores because DH (the man that thinks he knows everything) can't remember the mile roads any better than I can. If I don't get it figured out your not missing that much, they aren't big and the one has a cubby hole of stamps if that's your main interest.
When is this trip taking place, I might get lucky and get you a coupon for the Scrapbook Tree if they have one out at that time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2006, 10:02 AM   #90  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rox71
I'm coming too!
I'm having some trouble getting info on those Romeo stores because DH (the man that thinks he knows everything) can't remember the mile roads any better than I can. If I don't get it figured out your not missing that much, they aren't big and the one has a cubby hole of stamps if that's your main interest.
When is this trip taking place, I might get lucky and get you a coupon for the Scrapbook Tree if they have one out at that time.
LOL.....I'm cracking up sitting here reading this.....My hubby is the same way about directions (although, I think he could get lost in a paper sack....lol) I always drive and there's been less fights and I told you so comments that way.....LOL Just get me some landscapes to look for.....I'll find them!!.....LOL

My trip is planned for July 6th!! That would be awesome if you could get a coupon.....especially since the price of gas jumped like it did yesterday!! UGH!! It was $2.79 in the morning and by mid afternoon it jumped to $3.09....highway robbery, I say!!

My Photography Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 03:23 PM   #91  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

I'm coming too! .
Want me to pick you up on the way through??....LOL

My Photography Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2006, 06:03 PM   #92  
PAPER SCAPER

Quote:

Want me to pick you up on the way through??....LOL
Yeah, I'll tell DH I'm going on a trip with a person I've never met before and he'll be sure and have me put away....I just don't know where but they better have stamps, carstock and ink!

The coupons for that Scrapbook Tree are always during the middle part of the month. I didn't get a flyer this time and it should have been here by now so I'll have to stop in next time I'm near there. With gas prices we won't be taking a leisure little drive so often!

Okay lets see if we can get you to the Romeo stores. When you're coming into town from the south end you would be looking for Frontier Town on the east side of the Van Dyke. It's a little country looking strip mall with a Christmas shop in an old house in front of it close to the street. The stamp/scrapbooking store is right on the corner of the strip mall.
The other store is on the other end of town on the west side of Van Dyke and that road makes a couple sharp curves first left then right. Look for the Salvation Army store.

I hope you have a great time, it sounds like fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2006, 03:03 AM   #93  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Yeah, I'll tell DH I'm going on a trip with a person I've never met before and he'll be sure and have me put away....I just don't know where but they better have stamps, carstock and ink!

The coupons for that Scrapbook Tree are always during the middle part of the month. I didn't get a flyer this time and it should have been here by now so I'll have to stop in next time I'm near there. With gas prices we won't be taking a leisure little drive so often!

Okay lets see if we can get you to the Romeo stores. When you're coming into town from the south end you would be looking for Frontier Town on the east side of the Van Dyke. It's a little country looking strip mall with a Christmas shop in an old house in front of it close to the street. The stamp/scrapbooking store is right on the corner of the strip mall.
The other store is on the other end of town on the west side of Van Dyke and that road makes a couple sharp curves first left then right. Look for the Salvation Army store.

I hope you have a great time, it sounds like fun!
LOL.....cracking up over the room with cardstock, ink and stamps.....lol....please shut the door behind you and leave me alone!!.....LOL

OK....I think I have enough info to find them.....I'll let you know on the 7th....lol

Thank You everyone for helping on my adventure!!

My Photography Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2006, 07:46 AM   #94  
Embossing Fanatic

Is anyone going to the convention in Dearborn this weekend?

Judy S
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2006, 11:02 AM   #95  
Rubber Obsessor

Default RE

Hey MsAubreyAnn

I'm from Bay City... Holla! Do you go to Memory Lane and Scrapbook Peddler?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2006, 11:04 AM   #96  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shasync
Hey MsAudreyAnn

I'm from Bay City... Holla! Do you go to Memory Lane and Scrapbook Peddler?
MsAudreyAnn***
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2006, 11:09 AM   #97  
Die Cut Diva

Default Muskegon...

My favorite store in Muskegon, MI is Scrapbook 101. I lived overseas for 3 years and now I'm in NC...Muskegon is my hometown. I'm going back there while hubby is deployed and I can't wait to visit their new store...supposed to be 3 times the size of the old one!

www.scrapbook101.com
Old 07-07-2006, 11:13 AM   #98  
Rubber Obsessor

Also, If you went to Northville that's right by Novi..which there is going to be a huge convention there I think in August... Plus the Three Oaks Mall, I think that is what it's called is HUGE if you wanted to do other shopping also. Stampeddler wasn't AMAZING I didn't think but it's a good central location for other shopping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2006, 12:26 PM   #99  
Stazon Splitcoast

I met Audrey (MsAudreyAnn) yesterday when she went on her first tour of stores! She's super nice! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2006, 01:28 PM   #100  
GMC
Kookie Creator

Default Road trip

Something to think about for Auntie Amy's...

I used to go on Saturday all the time. Now when I attend, I go on Sunday, get there first thing, then do the road trip to stamp stores in close proximity. I have found that Sunday is less crowded, have had almost 1:1 instruction with make-n-takes, and the atmosphere is more relaxed and less frenzed. Although I do think that over the last few years the numbers of booths have dropped dramatically, there is still a very nice selection of rubber stamping stuff and tons to spend money on. The convention usually has a booklet they give out to attendees and there are usually coupons and advertisements to local stores. I live an hour away (in Macomb Township) from Stamp Peddler in Novi and usually only make 1-2 trips per year there. Last year we ended up there after Auntie Amy's and again had time for make-n-takes and won some give-aways, which is always a fun thing. A few years before at convention time, we went to Stamp Peddler in mid afternoon and did flower punching with the demonstrator for almost an hour without any one else at the table. Have been to some nice stores in the Livonia/Westland area too.

Scrapbook Tree, Scraps-n-Stamps and the Simple Pleasures Store on M-59 are great stores too and I frequently shop them. Big selection of scrapbooking stuff in all of them! Wish Scraps-n-Stamps had more stamps, but all in all it is a great store with friendly help and good prices. I cannot remember how much stamping stock they have in Simple Pleasures either--it is in the same shopping complex as the Wal-Mart and AMC theatre at the SW corner of M-59 Hall Road and Mound Road. The Write Stuff in on the NW corner of 21 mile and Gratiot in Macomb Twp.

I think the Romeo stamp store is called the Artful Stamper on Old Van Dyke. It is a small store front but had some nice selections of papers and stamps.

There are several Michael's and Joann's in the area--Shelby Twp and Chesterfield, and I have found some nice clearance prices on embellishments and other scrapping and stamping items. Usually a nice way to round out the day!!!

Have fun!

Gwen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 07:28 AM   #101  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Karen's Creative Stamping was in Davison but just moved five miles further away from me and it was hour to get there as is!
I meet my sister in law there often and she's been to the new store but I haven't.
I linked the web site in her blue name so you can check it out. Stamps and lots of paper and supplies. A grand opening sale going on, check it on the Current Newsletter on the left.
Went to Karen's yesterday while I was in Grand Blanc, and it is a great store! Tons of scrappin' stuff, a decent number of stamps, loads of papers, stickers, and embellishments, and the women are sooooo nice! I was glad to hear about them, and even more glad that I went! Thanks for the tip, Roxie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 05:22 PM   #102  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default stores in s. Mich

Someone has already mentioned Stamp Peddler Plus - it is great. There is a store in Livonia called Stampin and Scrappin on Plymouth road. There is Scrapbook Zone in Farmington Hills on 12 mile rd near Halstead.

Have you been in the Apple Tree in Clare?

My Blog http://crazystamplady.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2006, 05:33 PM   #103  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxma
I would encourage you to go to Stamppeddler Plus in Northville too. One of my favorite stores.
My SIL took me there when I visited two summers in a row.That place is AWESOME!

-Theresa
Reply With Quote Likes