In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2006, 04:59 AM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess
 
MsAudreyAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 7,755
Default Michigan Stampers....Can you help me??

Hi Everyone....

I'm planning a trip of shopping (my mini vacation....lol). I live in Midland, (not far from Saginaw) and I'm thinking about heading south for the day!! Now, here's where I'm looking for your help.....

I'm looking for those favorite stamping/scrapping store(s) in your area....I'm not interesting in a Michaels, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's, etc., (I have those locally) I'm looking more for those locally owned unique craft shops....lol

Please, if you have a favorite, let me know the name and City. Based on the responses, I'll either head in the direction of....1) Flint, Ann Arbor, Detroit area.....or.....2) St. Johns, Lansing, Jackson area.....or.....3) Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Battle Creek area.

Can you's help me decide which direction I'll be heading??.....LOL

THANKS!!
__________________
Audrey

My Photography Blog
MsAudreyAnn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:22 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast
 
CardFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 56,583
Default

Come to Clarkston and Waterford.

Just off of I-75, there is a fabulous new scrapbook store. It's called Maggie's Scrapbooking. It's On Sashabaw Rd, south of the exit so you would turn right. It will be on your right in the second plaza. (Can't remember the exit number. It's after both Dixie exits and after the Ortonville/M-15 exit. If you get to the Great Lakes Crossing outlet mall exit, you've gone too far.)

Then turn right out of there. Go all the way to the end of Sashabaw. Turn right on Dixie Highway. On your left will be Jane's Craft Store. If you get to Frembes road, you've gone too far. It's a stamp store. It's small, but cute.

From there. turn left onto Dixie. It will take you back to I-75.

Oops. I should say, that when you're heading back to I-75, there's another scrapbook store on your right. Look for it after passing Walton Blvd/Williams Lake Rd. It's in the plaza toward the left corner. It will be after the KMart plaza but before Andersonville Rd. Can't remember the name. It's not as good as Maggies.

Last edited by CardFanatic; 06-24-2006 at 05:28 AM..
CardFanatic is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:38 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess
 
MsAudreyAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 7,755
Default Jen.....

AWESOME.....I've never been to Clarkston or Waterford....I'll have to get a map out now!!.....LOL

THANKS!!
__________________
Audrey

My Photography Blog
MsAudreyAnn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 07:43 AM   #4  
Inking Addict
 
WendyBendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milford, Michigan
Posts: 482
Default

If you are anywhere near Howell or Northville........I have two favorites. In Howell there's ScrapTales (2120 Grand River Annex, 810-225-9636), in Northville there's Stampeddler Plus (145 N. Center St., 248-348-4446). I'm terrible at giving directions, that's why I gave you the address and phone #.
Have fun, wherever you go! Sounds like my kind of vacation!!!
WendyBendy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 08:00 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper
 
LilLuvsStampin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The only Eaton Rapids on the Earth, Michigan
Posts: 57,655
Default

I haven't been there yet, but my sister-in-law lives in Battle Creek and said they have an awesome Stamps By Design store.
__________________
Charlene
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
LilLuvsStampin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2006, 09:03 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot
 
happystamper05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: in my own little world... they like me here!
Posts: 5,818
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70
Come to Clarkston and Waterford.

Just off of I-75, there is a fabulous new scrapbook store. It's called Maggie's Scrapbooking. It's On Sashabaw Rd, south of the exit so you would turn right. It will be on your right in the second plaza. (Can't remember the exit number. It's after both Dixie exits and after the Ortonville/M-15 exit. If you get to the Great Lakes Crossing outlet mall exit, you've gone too far.)

Then turn right out of there. Go all the way to the end of Sashabaw. Turn right on Dixie Highway. On your left will be Jane's Craft Store. If you get to Frembes road, you've gone too far. It's a stamp store. It's small, but cute.

From there. turn left onto Dixie. It will take you back to I-75.

Oops. I should say, that when you're heading back to I-75, there's another scrapbook store on your right. Look for it after passing Walton Blvd/Williams Lake Rd. It's in the plaza toward the left corner. It will be after the KMart plaza but before Andersonville Rd. Can't remember the name. It's not as good as Maggies.

I was going to mention Maggie's too. It's exit 89 (Sashabaw Road).

I didn't know about the other two that Jen mentioned. *Me thinks* I feel a shopping trip coming up! Thanks Jen!

Have fun on your shopping trip! I'll be keeping track of this thread for more ideas too, (in case I ever venture beyond the Clarkston area!)

Have a stamp-happy day!
__________________
Renée V
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Alexa says I'm her mommy's Pretend Stamping Friend....what an honor!

“What we do for Ourselves, dies with Us. What we do for Others and the World, Remains and is Immortal." ~ Albert Pike
happystamper05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 09:52 AM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess
 
MsAudreyAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 7,755
Default Wendy.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by WendyBendy
If you are anywhere near Howell or Northville........I have two favorites. In Howell there's ScrapTales (2120 Grand River Annex, 810-225-9636), in Northville there's Stampeddler Plus (145 N. Center St., 248-348-4446). I'm terrible at giving directions, that's why I gave you the address and phone #.
Have fun, wherever you go! Sounds like my kind of vacation!!!
Are you talking Northville, near Westland/Livonia area? If so, there's another for the east side of the state.....LOL But, where's Howell??

Thanks!!
__________________
Audrey

My Photography Blog
MsAudreyAnn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 09:56 AM   #8  
Gabfest Goddess
 
MsAudreyAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 7,755
Default Charlene......

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilLuvsStampin
I haven't been there yet, but my sister-in-law lives in Battle Creek and said they have an awesome Stamps By Design store.
AWESOME!! Now, I have one for the west side of the state.....I might have to make this a two day trip!!......LOL

THANKS!!
__________________
Audrey

My Photography Blog
MsAudreyAnn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:00 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess
 
jaxma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 654
Default

I would encourage you to go to Stamppeddler Plus in Northville too. One of my favorite stores.
jaxma is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:12 AM   #10  
Gabfest Goddess
 
MsAudreyAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 7,755
Default Renee........

Quote:

Originally Posted by happystamper05
I was going to mention Maggie's too. It's exit 89 (Sashabaw Road).

I didn't know about the other two that Jen mentioned. *Me thinks* I feel a shopping trip coming up! Thanks Jen!

Have fun on your shopping trip! I'll be keeping track of this thread for more ideas too, (in case I ever venture beyond the Clarkston area!)

Have a stamp-happy day!
THANKS Renee......that gives me a better idea how far on I-75 to go. Sounds like you need to venture out of Clarkston.....LOL

Well, if you ever venture up the I-127 route....oh say, the Lansing/Mt. Pleasant to Higgins/Houghton Lake route.....there's an AWESOME stamp/craft store in the little town of Clare....locally owned and she claims to have 20,000 stamps in her store. Believe me, I'd say she has more then that....LOL Its called The Apple Tree Lane and its on Main Street. (989-386-2552) ENJOY!!
__________________
Audrey

My Photography Blog
MsAudreyAnn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:26 AM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot
 
happystamper05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: in my own little world... they like me here!
Posts: 5,818
Default

Oh, thank you for the information! Sounds totally awesome! Just might have to make a pit-stop on the way up north this summer....

Hey, forgot to mention: Exit 89 is the same exit you would use for the Pine Knob Music Theatre (now called DTE) and Pine Knob Ski Hill. Sometimes, I'm better with landmarks!
__________________
Renée V
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Alexa says I'm her mommy's Pretend Stamping Friend....what an honor!

“What we do for Ourselves, dies with Us. What we do for Others and the World, Remains and is Immortal." ~ Albert Pike
happystamper05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 02:17 PM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess
 
MsAudreyAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 7,755
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by happystamper05
Oh, thank you for the information! Sounds totally awesome! Just might have to make a pit-stop on the way up north this summer....

Hey, forgot to mention: Exit 89 is the same exit you would use for the Pine Knob Music Theatre (now called DTE) and Pine Knob Ski Hill. Sometimes, I'm better with landmarks!
OH....another landmark traveler.....LOL I know exactly which exit to take now....LOL Thanks!!

If you ever make it to Clare and The Apple Tree Lane, tell Diane (owner) that Audrey sent ya....LOL

thanks!!
__________________
Audrey

My Photography Blog
MsAudreyAnn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:11 PM   #13  
Inking Addict
 
WendyBendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milford, Michigan
Posts: 482
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsAudreyAnn
Are you talking Northville, near Westland/Livonia area? If so, there's another for the east side of the state.....LOL But, where's Howell??

Thanks!!
It's just this side of Brighton......if you get off at the Grand River Exit (off 23)in Brighton and turn right, it's not far from there, basically it's on the edge of Howell and Brighton.
Hope that helps.

Northville......west of Livonia, south of Novi.
WendyBendy is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:26 PM   #14  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator
 
dawnmercedes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Being positive & happy!
Posts: 62,864
Default

Ooooh...I better hop on 75 and go up a couple of exits and check out these stores some time soon!
dawnmercedes is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:02 PM   #15  
Kookie Creator
 
j-me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: by Lake Michigan shoreline
Posts: 464
Default Grand Rapids store

there is a stamp store Stamp On It .. if you are into Altered art look of
stamping. They have alot!!
j-me is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:08 PM   #16  
Stampin' Fool
 
Palapala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lillee, my blessing!
Posts: 1,505
Default

Here are my favorites in the Grand Rapids Area.

The Paper Center - every paper imaginable and tons of stamps, lots of stuff and GREAT service. H2O's, PE, EP, chalks, etc., etc., They just moved to Ada which is just east of GR. www.thepapercenter.com They take competitors printed coupons, not internet coupons.

Stamp on It - 29th Street in GR www.stamponit.net

Country Needleworks in Jenison, southwest of Grand Rapids. They have stamps, quilting items, beads, yarns. Lots of stuff. take US131 South to I196 West to the 1st Jenison/Chicago Drive exit. There will be a Target on your left, keeping going straight and when you see the Fields Fabric on your left, its in the very next building and they have joined parking lots.

Pages In Time in Jenison. HUGE scrapbooking store. You can get lost in their paper racks - beautiful! They take Michael's coupons from the paper!! Same directions as for above, but at the cross street at Target, turn right and the store is back in next to the Meijer store.

If you want a guide for your stay in Grand Rapids, I'd love to shop with ya!! I don't work M-T-W!!

And if you get hungry, on Chicago Drive just East of the expressway is Russ's. Great homestyle food at cheap prices, and its next door to a Baskin Robin's/Dunkin Donuts combo place and across the street is the Adobe which has the BEST drive through Mexican food. Their salsa and burritos are to dry for!
__________________
~Barbara
Wife to the most wonderful man in the world - he sits through all my "look what I made!" sessions!
Palapala is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:21 PM   #17  
Cardstock Collector
 
nstam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 5
Talking

There's a store called Unique Xpressions in St. Clair Shores. (Near Detroit area) Its on Harper Ave at Martin Rd which is 11 1/2 Mile RD They have some REALLY good stuff!
__________________
Diamonds are a girls best friend!
nstam is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:36 PM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess
 
stitchinstampin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,072
Default

I know you said south........have you been to Scrapbook Peddler in Saginaw......in the Best Buy Plaza.??? (Right in the corner next to Sec. of State)......great store w/tons and tons of papers and gadgets!!

And have you checked out the store in Clare.....ya i know that's up north....but maybe another time.??
It's called......Apple Barrell or Apple Blossom.....it's on the main street in downtown Clare......cute store with tons of papers and scrapbooking stuff and stamping stuff too!!!
__________________
Lori
stitchinstampin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 07:01 PM   #19  
Insane Embellisher
 
1stclassnana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 924
Default

If you're coming down as far as Waterford, come a little more south to Farmington Hills and go to the Scrapbook Zone. It on 12 Mile Rd and Halstead. Big store, fantastic selection.
__________________
Laura

It's official...I'm a stamping addict (second only to my "being a grandma" addiction)!
1stclassnana is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 07:31 PM   #20  
Compulsive Stamper
 
ggtt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan
Posts: 39
Default

Hey other Michigan stampers....any events coming up?
Ginger
ggtt is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:26 PM   #21  
Gabfest Goddess
 
MsAudreyAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 7,755
Default Jaxma.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxma
I would encourage you to go to Stamppeddler Plus in Northville too. One of my favorite stores.
Making a list. Thanks!!

I'll have to keep this one in mind if I don't make it this trip. My FIL lives in Westland, so I could drop the guys off for their visit and I'll go shopping.....LOL
__________________
Audrey

My Photography Blog
MsAudreyAnn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:31 PM   #22  
Gabfest Goddess
 
MsAudreyAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 7,755
Default WendyBendy.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by WendyBendy
It's just this side of Brighton......if you get off at the Grand River Exit (off 23)in Brighton and turn right, it's not far from there, basically it's on the edge of Howell and Brighton.
Hope that helps.

Northville......west of Livonia, south of Novi.
OK....found Howell on the map.....LOL I know where it is....we take 59 to Milford when we visit my BIL.....I knew I had heard of Howell....just didn't know where.....LOL

Thanks!!
__________________
Audrey

My Photography Blog
MsAudreyAnn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:34 PM   #23  
Gabfest Goddess
 
MsAudreyAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 7,755
Default Dawnmercedes......

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawnmercedes
Ooooh...I better hop on 75 and go up a couple of exits and check out these stores some time soon!
Uh Oh......did I start something here??.......LOL

Where do you live??
__________________
Audrey

My Photography Blog
MsAudreyAnn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:39 PM   #24  
Gabfest Goddess
 
MsAudreyAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 7,755
Default Barbara.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palapala
Here are my favorites in the Grand Rapids Area.

The Paper Center - every paper imaginable and tons of stamps, lots of stuff and GREAT service. H2O's, PE, EP, chalks, etc., etc., They just moved to Ada which is just east of GR. www.thepapercenter.com They take competitors printed coupons, not internet coupons.

Stamp on It - 29th Street in GR www.stamponit.net

Country Needleworks in Jenison, southwest of Grand Rapids. They have stamps, quilting items, beads, yarns. Lots of stuff. take US131 South to I196 West to the 1st Jenison/Chicago Drive exit. There will be a Target on your left, keeping going straight and when you see the Fields Fabric on your left, its in the very next building and they have joined parking lots.

Pages In Time in Jenison. HUGE scrapbooking store. You can get lost in their paper racks - beautiful! They take Michael's coupons from the paper!! Same directions as for above, but at the cross street at Target, turn right and the store is back in next to the Meijer store.

If you want a guide for your stay in Grand Rapids, I'd love to shop with ya!! I don't work M-T-W!!

And if you get hungry, on Chicago Drive just East of the expressway is Russ's. Great homestyle food at cheap prices, and its next door to a Baskin Robin's/Dunkin Donuts combo place and across the street is the Adobe which has the BEST drive through Mexican food. Their salsa and burritos are to dry for!
Barbara......I might just take you up on being a guide!!.....LOL

My list is getting longer and longer.....I just might have to make this a 2 day trip.....LOL
THANKS!!
__________________
Audrey

My Photography Blog
MsAudreyAnn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:49 PM   #25  
Gabfest Goddess
 
MsAudreyAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 7,755
Default stitchinstampin......

Quote:

Originally Posted by stitchinstampin
I know you said south........have you been to Scrapbook Peddler in Saginaw......in the Best Buy Plaza.??? (Right in the corner next to Sec. of State)......great store w/tons and tons of papers and gadgets!!

Yes, I visit Scrapbook Peddler all the time.....I get MOST of my paper products and embellishments there, but she has a limited supply for stamping.....right now anyway.

And have you checked out the store in Clare.....ya i know that's up north....but maybe another time.??

YES......The Apple Tree Lane in Clare is my favorite stamp store. Diane has an AWESOME store. She has TONS of stamps and anything you'd need for stamping....lol Have you seen the selection she has now of yarn??

It's called......Apple Barrell or Apple Blossom.....it's on the main street in downtown Clare......cute store with tons of papers and scrapbooking stuff and stamping stuff too!!!
BTW....where do you live that you know of these two stores??
__________________
Audrey

My Photography Blog
MsAudreyAnn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:50 AM   #26  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni
 
JanTInk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Set into the baseboard of your stamping room
Posts: 18,415
Default

There's a ton of stores in the metro Detroit area:

I'll echo the ScrapTales and Stampeddlar comments...great stores.

Scrapbook Mania in Canton - I-75S to I-696W to I-275S to Ford Road, turn right on Ford Road. Ford Road to Canton Center, turn right. Scrapbook Mania is in a strip mall on the corner of Canton Center & Hanford Road (about 1/2 mile from Ford Road) on the left side of the road.

If you make it there, there is another little shop in Canton called Memories something...get back on Canton Center, go north and follow the curve to Sheldon Road. Turn right on Joy Road, take that to Lilley and turn right. There is a strip mall just south of Joy Road on Lilley, the scrapbook/stamp store is in the north end of this mall.

Scrappin' & Stampin' in Livonia - I-75S to I-696W to I-275S to Ann Arbor Road, turn left. Ann Arbor road turns into Plymouth Road. Follow this until you pass Wayne Road (which only runs south...it's a T intersection) after you pass Wayne Road, you'll see a FedEx/Kinko's on the left, then an empty store, then a strip mall with Scrappin' & Stampin' on the western end.

Scrapbook Zone in Farmington Hills - I-75S to I-696W to Orchard Lake Rd. Orchard Lake to 12 Mile road, turn left. Scrapbook Zone is in a strip mall on the northwest corner of Halsted and 12 Mile.
__________________
JanTink
Queen of the Vent

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink


JanTInk is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:37 AM   #27  
Stampin' Fool
 
Palapala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lillee, my blessing!
Posts: 1,505
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggtt
Hey other Michigan stampers....any events coming up?
Ginger
There is Auntie Amy's Unconventional Stamp Convention in Novi on August 5 & 6th. At least I think those are the dates. Its a Sat/Sun convention. I haven't been there, but I went to the one in Grand Rapids. I'd like to hit Novi, but don't think I can afford to buy stamps AND a night at a hotel! LOL Gray Wolf Graphics will be there and I LOVE their stamps. The best and most realistic stamps around IMO. All stamp designs are are hand drawn, not copied or computerized. Very cool.
__________________
~Barbara
Wife to the most wonderful man in the world - he sits through all my "look what I made!" sessions!
Palapala is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:40 AM   #28  
Gabfest Goddess
 
MsAudreyAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 7,755
Default Jan.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInk
Scrapbook Mania in Canton - I-75S to I-696W to I-275S to Ford Road, turn right on Ford Road. Ford Road to Canton Center, turn right. Scrapbook Mania is in a strip mall on the corner of Canton Center & Hanford Road (about 1/2 mile from Ford Road) on the left side of the road.

If you make it there, there is another little shop in Canton called Memories something...get back on Canton Center, go north and follow the curve to Sheldon Road. Turn right on Joy Road, take that to Lilley and turn right. There is a strip mall just south of Joy Road on Lilley, the scrapbook/stamp store is in the north end of this mall.

Scrappin' & Stampin' in Livonia - I-75S to I-696W to I-275S to Ann Arbor Road, turn left. Ann Arbor road turns into Plymouth Road. Follow this until you pass Wayne Road (which only runs south...it's a T intersection) after you pass Wayne Road, you'll see a FedEx/Kinko's on the left, then an empty store, then a strip mall with Scrappin' & Stampin' on the western end.

.
COOOOOL.....all these roads sound familiar......before my MIL passed, they lived in Westland.....just off Newburgh and Cherry Hill.....took Ford Road to get there.....Now, my FIL lives in Wayne off Joy Road and Wayne road......my question is.....these are all the same road, just different cities.....right??
__________________
Audrey

My Photography Blog
MsAudreyAnn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:47 AM   #29  
Gabfest Goddess
 
MsAudreyAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 7,755
Default Barbara......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palapala
There is Auntie Amy's Unconventional Stamp Convention in Novi on August 5 & 6th. At least I think those are the dates. Its a Sat/Sun convention. I haven't been there, but I went to the one in Grand Rapids. I'd like to hit Novi, but don't think I can afford to buy stamps AND a night at a hotel! LOL Gray Wolf Graphics will be there and I LOVE their stamps. The best and most realistic stamps around IMO. All stamp designs are are hand drawn, not copied or computerized. Very cool.
I haven't gone to one yet, but have seriously been 'thinking' about it. IF I go, it would be only for Saturday and I'd drive back home Sat night.

Any suggestions for a first timer??
__________________
Audrey

My Photography Blog
MsAudreyAnn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:54 AM   #30  
Stampin' Fool
 
Palapala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lillee, my blessing!
Posts: 1,505
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsAudreyAnn
I haven't gone to one yet, but have seriously been 'thinking' about it. IF I go, it would be only for Saturday and I'd drive back home Sat night.

Any suggestions for a first timer??
I haven't been to the Novi one, but it MUCH bigger than GR's. Wear comfortable shoes, bring a large bag that is comfortable on your shoulders/back to put your goodies in. Have a list of some your must finds. Bring a couple of baby wipes as you will get messy if you do any make and takes. Get there early as it gets busy quickly. Sunday tends to be the less busy day. Be prepared to overspend - so many things are to die for!! Look up as many vendors as possible on-line so you know what they offer and you can plan your day a little better and create that wishlist. Be prepared to have lots of fun!

Oh and if you are planning on going, get your tickets early, either on-line or at a stamp store as you pay less and you usually get a free unmounted stamp with your ticket. Just a little perk for getting it early.

www.auntieamy.com
__________________
~Barbara
Wife to the most wonderful man in the world - he sits through all my "look what I made!" sessions!

Last edited by Palapala; 06-25-2006 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: To add website
Palapala is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:44 AM   #31  
Gabfest Goddess
 
MsAudreyAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 7,755
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palapala
I haven't been to the Novi one, but it MUCH bigger than GR's. Wear comfortable shoes, bring a large bag that is comfortable on your shoulders/back to put your goodies in. Have a list of some your must finds. Bring a couple of baby wipes as you will get messy if you do any make and takes. Get there early as it gets busy quickly. Sunday tends to be the less busy day. Be prepared to overspend - so many things are to die for!! Look up as many vendors as possible on-line so you know what they offer and you can plan your day a little better and create that wishlist. Be prepared to have lots of fun!

Oh and if you are planning on going, get your tickets early, either on-line or at a stamp store as you pay less and you usually get a free unmounted stamp with your ticket. Just a little perk for getting it early.

www.auntieamy.com
Thanks for all the info!! Gonna go looking for an over sized back pack...lol

Sunday would be a really hard day for me.....I work the midnight shift so my Monday starts at 10p on Sunday night. Other then that, I'd love to spend both days there!!

Oh, are there any do's or don'ts while there?? Do they allow any picture taking of the samples??

Is there anyone planning on attending??
__________________
Audrey

My Photography Blog
MsAudreyAnn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:41 AM   #32  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni
 
JanTInk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Set into the baseboard of your stamping room
Posts: 18,415
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsAudreyAnn
COOOOOL.....all these roads sound familiar......before my MIL passed, they lived in Westland.....just off Newburgh and Cherry Hill.....took Ford Road to get there.....Now, my FIL lives in Wayne off Joy Road and Wayne road......my question is.....these are all the same road, just different cities.....right??
You bet...that is what makes the burbs of Detroit one of the easiest places to find your way around in...once you know what the main drags are, you have a hard time getting lost!
__________________
JanTink
Queen of the Vent

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink


JanTInk is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 09:59 AM   #33  
Gabfest Goddess
 
MsAudreyAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 7,755
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInk
You bet...that is what makes the burbs of Detroit one of the easiest places to find your way around in...once you know what the main drags are, you have a hard time getting lost!
AWESOME, now I feel better about venturing out by myself......THANKS!!
__________________
Audrey

My Photography Blog
MsAudreyAnn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:20 AM   #34  
Stampin' Fool
 
stampinboilermaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: SE MI
Posts: 1,801
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70
Come to Clarkston and Waterford.

Just off of I-75, there is a fabulous new scrapbook store. It's called Maggie's Scrapbooking. It's On Sashabaw Rd, south of the exit so you would turn right. It will be on your right in the second plaza. (Can't remember the exit number. It's after both Dixie exits and after the Ortonville/M-15 exit. If you get to the Great Lakes Crossing outlet mall exit, you've gone too far.)
Then turn right out of there. Go all the way to the end of Sashabaw. Turn right on Dixie Highway. On your left will be Jane's Craft Store. If you get to Frembes road, you've gone too far. It's a stamp store. It's small, but cute.
From there. turn left onto Dixie. It will take you back to I-75.
Oops. I should say, that when you're heading back to I-75, there's another scrapbook store on your right. Look for it after passing Walton Blvd/Williams Lake Rd. It's in the plaza toward the left corner. It will be after the KMart plaza but before Andersonville Rd. Can't remember the name. It's not as good as Maggies.
Maggie's is a GREAT store, and I don't even scrap! She's got tons of paper, stickers, and embellishments, and everything seems reasonably priced...
Quick FYI about Jane's Craft Studio--they are closed on Sunday and Monday. Check out her website for coupons: Jane's Craft Studio Super nice gals there, too!
The other place Jen mentioned is called something like Scrapbooker's Dream. I've been there, and she's right; it's good, but Maggie's is better! It's in a strip mall with the Murray's Auto Parts and a pet store.
Hope you can arrange an awesome trip to any of the stores while you're in this neck of the woods! Let us know how things go!
__________________
jeanne
my little gallery --it's a happy place for me!
"Rubber stamping is like coloring for grown-ups!"
stampinboilermaker is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:03 AM   #35  
Gabfest Goddess
 
MsAudreyAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 7,755
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinboilermaker
Maggie's is a GREAT store, and I don't even scrap! She's got tons of paper, stickers, and embellishments, and everything seems reasonably priced...
Quick FYI about Jane's Craft Studio--they are closed on Sunday and Monday. Check out her website for coupons: Jane's Craft Studio Super nice gals there, too!
The other place Jen mentioned is called something like Scrapbooker's Dream. I've been there, and she's right; it's good, but Maggie's is better! It's in a strip mall with the Murray's Auto Parts and a pet store.
Hope you can arrange an awesome trip to any of the stores while you're in this neck of the woods! Let us know how things go!
Thanks for all the info. Looks like Maggie's might be on the TOP of my list....LOL...and its on the way to the Detroit area!

Now, the question is.....will I be able to wait two weeks before I can go??...lol My target date is July 6th.....LOL I have a feeling it won't get here fast enough....LOL
__________________
Audrey

My Photography Blog
MsAudreyAnn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:22 AM   #36  
Stampin' Fool
 
Palapala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lillee, my blessing!
Posts: 1,505
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsAudreyAnn
Thanks for all the info!! Gonna go looking for an over sized back pack...lol

Sunday would be a really hard day for me.....I work the midnight shift so my Monday starts at 10p on Sunday night. Other then that, I'd love to spend both days there!!

Oh, are there any do's or don'ts while there?? Do they allow any picture taking of the samples??

Is there anyone planning on attending??
Not really any don't that I can think of. The majority of vendors allow pictures of their samples, but it is recommended to ask first. I think there is a list of what to expect on Auntie Amy's website.

I am hoping to go. Trying to pack a little away so I can get stuff. But after I venture to The Apple Lane on next Monday, don't know if I'll have anything left! But I go the the Grand Rapids one every year.
__________________
~Barbara
Wife to the most wonderful man in the world - he sits through all my "look what I made!" sessions!
Palapala is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:04 PM   #37  
Gabfest Goddess
 
MsAudreyAnn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mid Michigan
Posts: 7,755
Default Barbara.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palapala
I am hoping to go. Trying to pack a little away so I can get stuff. But after I venture to The Apple Lane on next Monday, don't know if I'll have anything left! But I go the the Grand Rapids one every year.
The Apple Lane??....are you talking about the store in Clare?? and which Monday are you taking this trip??.....its only a 30 minute drive for me....I'd meet you there!~!......LOL
__________________
Audrey

My Photography Blog
MsAudreyAnn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:35 PM   #38  
Stampin' Fool
 
Palapala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lillee, my blessing!
Posts: 1,505
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsAudreyAnn
The Apple Lane??....are you talking about the store in Clare?? and which Monday are you taking this trip??.....its only a 30 minute drive for me....I'd meet you there!~!......LOL
Yes, the one in Clare!! I'm planning on hitting it on the 3rd as a slight detour on my way home from my sister with the Alpacas in Saginaw. I'll have my step-daughter with me and am hoping to be there as the store opens since we have a 2 hour drive home from there. From what you said about it in another thread, I have to check it out if I'm that close!
__________________
~Barbara
Wife to the most wonderful man in the world - he sits through all my "look what I made!" sessions!
Palapala is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:40 PM   #39  
Polyshrink Goddess
 
stitchinstampin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,072
Default

HEHEHEHE.........Apple Tree Lane......that's it........it's a fantastic store.......

I live in Essexville Michigan.......and just love stampin and scrappin too........
I make cards all the time.....and help my dd with her journals and scrapbooks......

hugs,
Lori
__________________
Lori
stitchinstampin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:42 PM   #40  
Polyshrink Goddess
 
stitchinstampin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,072
Default

THere is of course Memory Lane in downtown Bay City too......have you been there........
It's on the main street.....Washington Avenue...corner of Fifth Street.....and they have some great papers and embellishments too!

In case you didn't know????

Lori
__________________
Lori
stitchinstampin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
calling all michigan stampers kseymourl Get it Together! 128 12-11-2006 03:27 PM
West Michigan Stampers inkylady General Stamping Talk 7 10-11-2006 09:44 AM
Any Michigan Stampers Here? thebasicscrapper General Stamping Talk 84 06-16-2006 02:41 PM
Any Michigan Stampers? j-me Start Here! 70 06-13-2006 12:30 PM
SouthEast Michigan Stampers Needed plaid pony General Stamping Talk 9 01-17-2005 04:56 AM