Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-09-2006, 03:00 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i was hoping

that when a card is posted that perhaps we can go back to the "description" of the colors, or stamps or technique. I love all the cards in the gallery, but occasionally need some "supply" lists or colors or technique guidance. i am not really a "newbie" but sooooooooooooooo far from being good enough to just look and whip up a card... does this involve alot, i understand if time limits the :ingredient: listings... just wondering and wishing i guess, please don't get angry...
jan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2006, 03:45 AM   #2  
Failed Lurker

You're not alone! There was a thread about this a couple of week ago: Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2006, 04:53 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love sharing my designs and always try to include any and all information that will help someone duplicate it (With proper credit given, of course! LOL!). [IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif[/IMG]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2006, 04:54 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I understand. I got a little slack for a while, but then I appreciate it when others leave helpful descriptions.

It is a little frustrating to type a few lines in the description, type out all of the colors of paper, ink, and embellishments and then just get one or two comments. But that is probably since there are so many other wonderful cards in the gallery. But I am getting off topic.

Thanks for the reminder to describe our work!!

my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2006, 05:00 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

i am in NOOOOOOOO way critisizing(spelled wrong sorry) the input into the gallery, the cards speak volumes, but i sometime am confused about "finishing" techniques or colors... sound simple to the "seniors" but the "freshman" stampers are wandering the halls looking and sometimes haven't a clue(ok, me). any help is GREATLY appreciated... thanks so much. please,please, don't be mad at me. i love this site, i am here daily and have made many cards from ideas that i learned here, thanks to all the "senior stampers". we freshman appreciate all and any help.
thanks, jan:???:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2006, 05:17 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

I am guilty of not posting colors, etc.. most of the time. My reasoning, I don't use SU ink or paper, and I see that 98% of everything here is SU. If I am not using SU should I still be posting colors and brands?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2006, 05:17 AM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

I wouldn't hesitate to PM someone for additional information. I love it when people contact me and am always glad to share, as are most of the stampers here on SCS.[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif[/IMG]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2006, 05:47 AM   #8  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty2004
... sound simple to the "seniors" but the "freshman" stampers are wandering the halls looking and sometimes haven't a clue(ok, me). any help is GREATLY appreciated... thanks so much. please,please, don't be mad at me. i love this site, i am here daily and have made many cards from ideas that i learned here, thanks to all the "senior stampers". we freshman appreciate all and any help.
thanks, jan:???:
I might be considered a "senior stamper" for the amount of years I have been stamping, but I am also a "senior" and I have the same problem as you. I put remarks on cards that I think are quite lovely, but with no instruction. It really would help, because I too want to know how to do it.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2006, 05:56 AM   #9  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvscrapmom
I am guilty of not posting colors, etc.. most of the time. My reasoning, I don't use SU ink or paper, and I see that 98% of everything here is SU. If I am not using SU should I still be posting colors and brands?
Sure Jen! I use a lot of SU! but I'm not exclusive. If there's something I really like in the gallery, it's frustrating not to know how to replicate it -- whether it's colors or paper or technique.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:10 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvscrapmom
I list other companies. I LOVE S/U.... and use it A LOT..... but I think there are plenty of other nice stamps out there.... why not give those companies credit!? However, don't be surprised if those "Non S/U" cards get lost in the crowd. S/U cards seem to be the MOST desired, for viewing and commenting on. Although, this site is NOT 'JUST' for S/U.... and a lot of us lose sight of that. :(

I like when people leave details.... I always try to do the same. AND I always give credit to an SCSer that inspires me with an idea..... and try to give a link if I can. Although, usually just the first time I use their 'technique or idea'.... I don't think we're expected to do that every time.

There are SO many VERY talented stampers here and GREAT ideas.... I think SCS is all about sharing our ideas and love of stamping, learning new techniques, and growing as stampers. In the process, we meet and make some GREAT friends along the way.... oh my, that's the delicious icing on the cake!

I *heart* My Computer
Because a lot of my best friends live in it!!
Thanks SCS.... for providing a place to cultivate priceless friendships!!
Reply With Quote Likes