Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Michael's Clearance (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/michaels-clearance-568280/)

dmo 02-02-2013 05:49 PM

Michael's Clearance

I thought I hit the mother-lode today as I was browsing the aisles at Mike's. On an end cap were cards for the Spellbinders Christmas Dies (pine tree, ornaments, poinsetta, and snowflakes). I know others had posted about finding great deals on these dies after Christmas. I was thinking 90% off of these $25 sets, that'd be my crafting score of the year. I took one of each card and headed for the check out. Turns out someone came in weeks ago and bought all the inventory of those seasonal dies. None left for me. Bummer! I did find a few good deals of some older Sizzix Sizzlets Alpha dies...only 9 cents a piece, and a few stamps for less them $2 each. So I did get some great deals.

**JILL** 02-02-2013 10:25 PM

Wow - good for you! Those are some great deals, too bad about the Spellbinders dies though. Maybe I'll head over to Michael's tomorrow and see what I can find.

CluelesslyCreative 02-03-2013 04:25 AM

Lol! I was at Michaels 2 days ago. I got about 7 or so stamps and sets for $5 total and a Sizzix border die for $1. I was going to get the Sizzix scalloped ovals until I saw they were Grand Nestabilities.... :( I noticed that the Christmas dies were gone also. However, for 7 stamps/sets, a Sizzix die, and a pack of cardstock for $8! I got a great deal. :p

backroom 02-03-2013 01:14 PM

I was in NJ for a family emergency and my daughter and I took a break and went to Michaels. We spotted a clearance rack with a sign that said 70% off clearance prices. We spent about a 1/2 hour looking at the bins. Bought mucho stuff. Came home and figured out that the total should have been $235.00. With the markdown everything cost me $42.00 and change. Best buy were 4 paper packs that were $19.99 each for $2.49 each. Great buy and had fun doing it.

smriti 02-04-2013 11:54 AM

I did get an e-mail from Michaels saying there were having a clearance event but didn't realize it would be this good! I wish I'd gone :(

Greg T 02-04-2013 04:14 PM

I went into my Mike's last Thursday and looked in the Clearance area (they moved it to the front of the store) and found three 3 packs of Washi tape, 2 packs of small sticky backed embellishments and a Cuttlebug 4 pack of embossing folders (Art Deco I think). The Washi tapes were originally $3.00 each marked down to $0.75 the embellishments were originally $3 marked down to $.89 and the embossing folder pack was $19.99 down to like $2.50. So got all the stuff for under $7.00. Makes you wonder how they can mark the Provocraft product down so much but they are excluded on their coupons,

CluelesslyCreative 02-04-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg T (Post 19985284)
Makes you wonder how they can mark the Provocraft product down so much but they are excluded on their coupons.

Lol! Makes me wonder why we pay so much in the first place. :confused: I also feel as though it's harder to use a coupon at Michaels. Compared to AC Moore and Hobby Lobby, where you can use it on anything as long as it's full price!

God Bless!

Greg T 02-05-2013 12:10 PM

I was just at Mike's again today to see what I "Must Have". I ended up getting a MS "checker board" edge punch for $5.99 (reg $14.99) and then saw the Spellbinders "Postage Stamps" marked down to $12.99 (reg $24.99) and thought "that's cool". When I checked out, the Spellbinders came up as $9.99! I did a little happy dance in my head. I planned on spending $20 for the day and only spent $17. I could have gotten the Distress Ink pad that was marked down to $2.99! Maybe next time.