Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   metallic pencil who uses them. (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/metallic-pencil-who-uses-them-33552/)

Lisa62 03-07-2005 04:28 AM

metallic pencil who uses them.

Do you like them.do they give you the look of a pearl ex look.

I have never used them or seen them on a card that was used.I did look in the gallery but can't really see the close up detail to get a good enough look at them.

Are they worth buying.Do you use a blender pen with them or will that take away the effect of them.Not really sure yet about them or know enough about them.

michellenstamps 03-07-2005 04:54 AM

I didn't use them too much until I learned the metallic resist technique...now I LOVE them! Stamp your image on glossy and color in with the metallic pencils. Brayer over the image and rub lightly with a paper towel. The Metallic pencils resist the brayered ink and you get a really neat look!

Michelle N.

Patra 03-07-2005 05:00 AM

I was a little disappointed because they aren't real "shiny." But they work wonderfully for the "Gamsol & stump" technique. Now I just wish they came in more colors!

tmills 03-07-2005 05:08 AM

Metallic Pencils

These pencils show up really nice on darker paper and look so pretty. They aren't as pretty on white or light color paper and I will have to agree the glossy paper/resist is really cool!

tmills 03-07-2005 05:08 AM

Metallic Pencils

These pencils show up really nice on darker paper and look so pretty. They aren't as pretty on white or light color paper and I will have to agree the glossy paper/resist is really cool!

StampingSpud 03-07-2005 05:13 AM

I just got mine..... I'll have to try the techniques you mentioned. Thanks :)

grazina 03-07-2005 05:47 AM

I like using them on dark cardstock, but must admit I don't use them as often as I like. However, I'm now anxious to go home and try the metallic resist technique which Michelle posted above.

Lisa62 03-07-2005 06:17 AM

pencils

Thanks Ladies.I'll have to think about it some more Before buying.I don't want to jump the gun and buy everything to fond out I won't use it often enough.

I do like the sounds of the metallic pencil technique though sponds really cool.

stamper1996 03-07-2005 11:38 AM

I have 'em and do like them. I mainly use them for highlighting certain areas or coloring in a small part for effect. My only gripe was that it's hard to find a sharpener that will fit them, since they're larger than the typical pencil size. (SU does sell one that has holes in two sizes, which I now have.)

Rene

StampinChristy 03-07-2005 12:48 PM

I just got mine the other day! Thanks for sharing the resist technique you mentioned Michelle. I'm going to have to try that right away!

srbedel 03-07-2005 01:17 PM

What is the Gamsol and Stump technique?

craftdoc 03-07-2005 03:42 PM

Remember the Bold Butterfly stamped in white on black cardstock and then colored with pastels? You can also stamp in white Craft ink on dark cardstock and then go over it with the metallic pencils - gorgeous!

AmyR 03-07-2005 04:26 PM

Hey I made that Butterfly card! :D I guess now I WILL have to get the metallic pencils so I can try it that way too. There's just so many accessories I want and I don't know where to begin!!

moprica 03-07-2005 05:02 PM

Re: Metallic Pencils

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmills
Soon to be Domestic Engineer of 3!!!

What a great signature. I love it!!!