Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-13-2005, 09:20 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 124 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Question about RSVP pens

I haven't tried to make these yet, but I do have the pens! I'm confused about whether you stamp on cardstock (or paper?) and roll it up and put it inside the pen barrel, or do you put it over it? I know you use that wonderful Sticky Strip stuff, but how to you cover the pen in that? I know the sticky red stuff also comes in sheets. But if I wanted to use SU's Sticky Strip, how would I do that?

Then you roll is in microbeads? What do you put the beads in to get them on the pen? I have the smaller size non-SU "tidy tray". Would this work?

Anyway, any detailed instructions would be helpful!

Susan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2005, 09:54 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I bead the pens, I prefer to use a label on the outside of the pen instead of inside - the image shows up better. Then I put the tape sheets over that. For the tape roll, I've heard you should apply it in a spiral up the pen.

If you do the stamped paper on the inside, you might want to remove the RSVP lettering on the pen.

And I put my microbeads in the tidy tray and roll the pen in them on the long side - I do remove the cap to do this. And be sure not to handle the beads - the oils from your hands will cause them not to stick to the tape.

Some other tips - after the pens are covered in beads.press the beads really well into the tape. You might even want to warm the tape up a bit before you apply the beads (with a heat gun).

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2005, 09:59 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Smile

I agree...heat the tape, before and even after as well. I've also in the past applied a little CE and spread it around with my finger to get inbetween, seems to work pretty well. I suggest using the labels, getting the paper in the barrel is tough. Also, you can not do any stamping, use the SU! sticky strip and make a spiral up the pen, keeping space between, and then apply beads (I suggest taking the writing off with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser)...it looks WAY cool...I saw one on here somewhere...HTH!! Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2005, 10:01 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face

SORRY---also meant to add, I put my beads in a ziploc bag, and scrunch the pen around in the bag to get it well covered, no muss no fuss...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2005, 10:03 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

I also read on here how to make them minus the beads...which is quick, easy and just a more simple style of pen! Use copier paper and stamp your image. Cut paper into 1" by 3 1/2" strips. Take out your pen "guts" and wrap your stamped rectangle around it and reinsert. Someone recommended putting just a little tape on the edge to hold it in place...I haven't done it and they look okay!

No beads to ever fall off! :o)

I made a bunch of these for teachers with matching notepads and they were a big hit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2005, 10:31 AM   #6  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,095 Likes on 871 Posts
Smile

I've made a number of RSVP and other brands of pens. I use the O So Sticky tape and cut it to size. It's worked really well. I have some of the red sheets, but haven't cut into that yet. I've used SU Sticker paper which I don't see in the catty, so they probably don't carry it anymore. I've had mine for a long time. I just stamped on that and I've brayered it and then cut to fit around the pen, then put the sticky tape over that and beaded with clear mini micro beads. The best beads I've found to do this are the Hobby Lobby ones or from PennyWiseArts. I've also done some beading on some gel pens and they've come out really cool looking. In fact, I've sold a bunch of those for scrapbooking and journaling.
Reply With Quote Likes