Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   which member galleries do you visit most? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/member-galleries-do-you-visit-most-30542/)

rawbanana 02-20-2005 01:24 PM

which member galleries do you visit most?

just wondering =)

Anna

wendalyn 02-20-2005 01:27 PM

I normally just check out the new additions for the Gallery daily so its noone specific.

scrappin mary 02-20-2005 01:29 PM

I usually go to 1 day and check out the new additions!

CrabbyAbbe 02-20-2005 01:31 PM

I almost asked this question a few days ago, but never got around to it. I generally don't visit one person's more than another, if someone makes a comment that interests me, i may stop in for a visit, or if I want to sed out an RAK, I will usually go to that persons gallery and see which colors they use the most, or see if there is something in particular they seem to like, then I can make them something they will (hopefully) enjoy. Or sometimes I send them something totally different.
i have 3 sisters and my mom on this site, so i will check in to their galleries on occasion.

addicted2stamps 02-20-2005 01:34 PM

I am constantly scanning the most recently posted. Then if someone is really posting a lot of great stuff I may check out their gallery. Someone right now I'm checking out a bunch is AndreaSophia! She is doing some awesome work!

Other times I search stamp sets, especially if I'm thinking about getting them. For example a week or so ago when I heard the March special list I checked out all of those galleries. I don't have any of the special sets and so wanted to see what I could do with them.

gosh I also search by techniques, colors, whatever is on my mind that day!

purplewinkle 02-20-2005 02:10 PM

If I like a card a lot I may check out that person's gallery.

I love Cambria's work and Carole Richards and Lunar Lana, so I check theirs out from time to time.

Vintage Redhead 02-20-2005 02:20 PM

Fave Galleries....

I love to check out *everyone's* galleries! There are always completely different styles than mine (read: mine is boring...others are *awesome*!) I don't CASE, not because I think that anything is wrong with it (as long as credit is given to the known original creator!!!!) but because I'm not generally skilled enough *to* CASE. Rather, I like to look at the mixing of textures, colors, embellishments to see what others are doing. I especially like to check out the galleries of those who post snarky remarks and funny anecdotes like myself...oddly enough, I find their work to be the most visually interesting to me. ~ K

camsmom 02-20-2005 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addicted2stamps
I am constantly scanning the most recently posted. Then if someone is really posting a lot of great stuff I may check out their gallery. Someone right now I'm checking out a bunch is AndreaSophia! She is doing some awesome work!

Other times I search stamp sets, especially if I'm thinking about getting them. For example a week or so ago when I heard the March special list I checked out all of those galleries. I don't have any of the special sets and so wanted to see what I could do with them.

gosh I also search by techniques, colors, whatever is on my mind that day!

I was going to write my response out-but now I can just say "DITTO" :D

StampinMelis 02-20-2005 02:26 PM

JulieHRR is my personal favorite. :) And Lisa Lisa.

Maggiemoo 02-20-2005 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camsmom
I was going to write my response out-but now I can just say "DITTO" :D

DittoDitto. :D

Other than that I love Mamakimberlys gallery...just my style! Jennifer Balcer's and Lisa Lisa's gallery are great as well. But new great artists pop up every day, so you never know....

dsmith2543 02-21-2005 07:38 PM

Is there a way to bookmark a favorite gallery so you can just click on it and not have to go through a search every time?

mamakimberly 02-22-2005 05:10 AM

Wha??? Someone looks in my gallery! How flattering and embarassing!

:)

I just check via latest uploads :)

I sometimes check a stamp set's gallery. I don't usually check anyone's specific gallery.... oh, maybe my sister Emily's! But she never stamps anymore :( I miss you EmilY!

stampwithcynthia 02-23-2005 01:50 AM

My list of favorite galleries keeps growing so fast I can't even keep track of it! There is so much talent on here! A new up and coming star is Jacksonbelle. I love her stuff! And I'm not prejudiced because she is my friend and downline! She's really great!

Kudos to all you talented stampers! You ALL inspire me! :D

iwasborn2stamp 02-23-2005 02:14 AM

I love checking out the new additions every morning before I go to work. What a great way to start off the day!
:)
NY Nan

tesschap 02-23-2005 03:59 AM

I check out the new cards posted several times a day. If I really like a card I usually check out that person's site.

Happy Wednesday.

Teresa

PaperKat 02-23-2005 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsmith2543
Is there a way to bookmark a favorite gallery so you can just click on it and not have to go through a search every time?

If I like a specific gallery I just add that page to my browsers bookmarks and every time I want to go there I just click on it! Easy and fun. good luck.

tgkrupsky 02-23-2005 04:50 AM

galleries

Oh Paper Kat,

You must love the new cat set in the sping mini with that avatar! How Cute!!!

Gina Krupsky

photocropper 02-23-2005 05:08 AM

I usually just go to the current or most recent gallery posts and scan through them - if I see something I like a lot I will check out that persons gallery and see if I might have missed something (which is usually the case since I do not get on here every day and have an hour or more to check out the gallery!)
Other than that I have gone to JulieHHR's gallery and I love to check out some others too but the names are not coming to me this early in the morning :wink: Mamakimberly has has some great stuff the past days and auntie65 (I think it is - sorry if I messed this up) has had some great posts in the past days as well!
There are just too many great stampers here to mention them all!

Jackie G 02-23-2005 05:15 AM

I gotta do another plug for mamakimberly! I have a huge favorites gallery but I never put any of her stuff there anymore-I just go to her gallery. Her whole gallery could be in my favorites!!! (and she is a very nice young person too! ;) ) I usually just scan the recent days postings but there are sooooooo many great works on here. If you are able to access the DD gallery-man, that place ROCKS!