Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Which masculine sets can't you live without? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/masculine-sets-cant-you-live-without-177152/)

seewah 08-23-2006 05:35 PM

Which masculine sets can't you live without?

I find that I am in need of more masculine sets (for birthday and all-occasion stamping). I own Aged to Perfection, Take me out to the Ballgame, Lovely As a Tree, Anger, Up in the Air and maybe a few more I just can't think of right now (and I'm too tired to venture downstairs to check my stash!).

Should I order Nature Prints before the end of the month?

What other masculine sets can't you live without?

Thanks for your help!

PaperKat 08-23-2006 05:43 PM

I love Noble Deer. I can use that for any masculine occasion!

bemidjibelle 08-23-2006 05:46 PM

I really like Noble Deer, Pines and Nature Prints. And of course, my retired stand-bys, Wolf, Set Sail, Travel Post, and Classic Convertibles!

Sue

dvinson 08-23-2006 06:13 PM

I like my Noble Deer set also-it's also great for autumn and Christmas cards too. I ordered Nature Prints but I have not had a chance to "play" with it yet!! I like what I see in the gallery with this set.

Charlee 08-23-2006 06:25 PM

My favorite masculine set is "Set Sail", too bad it retired. I have Nature Print and I love it, it will make some great masculine cards. But my all around favorite is Lovely as a Tree. I think you need Nature Prints, who doesn't like that turtle. LOL

EllenH 08-23-2006 07:34 PM

I LOVED many of the sets that retired :( Toy Box was one of my favorites - you could tweak that set for so many different age groups. It will be interesting to see what everyone's "new" choices are.

I do believe I'm going to need to purchase the A Muse golfer - my DH has a passion for golf and so that little guy is calling my name :D

Sairabee 08-23-2006 07:36 PM

Does Lovely As A Tree count? I think that's the only set I've ever liked that's even remotely masculine!

J-Bo 08-23-2006 08:15 PM

Retired Coast to coast...I cannot live without it!

SCEmily 08-23-2006 10:26 PM

Ir eally don't care for any of the masculine sets. I made hubby a card the other day though with spot on and happy everything, and It looked very masculine. I used mellow moss and always artichoke. So for now anyway, I think I'm just gonna stay away from the masculine sets, and just make what I have look masculine.

handstampedhappiness 08-23-2006 10:29 PM

Artifacts.

Linda Seaman 08-23-2006 11:48 PM

Coast to Coast and Set Sail Linda Seaman

Happy Heart 08-24-2006 02:01 AM

I absolutely love making masculine cards! Coast to Coast and Set Sail, both retired, are two of my favorites. I also love Wild, Wild West, which I don't have but was lucky enough to get some images from ruby-hearted mom (Beverly) and Classic Pickups. I borrowed Noble Deer from my demonstrator and stamped some images. Any of the leaf or nature sets are good, as is Lovely as a Tree. The current sets I love are Nature Prints, Do the Hula, Balmy Breezes, and Loads of Love. They all make wonderful masculine cards.

jsbrooketrout 08-24-2006 02:34 AM

I use Artifact and Angler mostly.....I am definately "masculine" challenged. I am going to keep checking this thread for ideas, too!
I also tend to use Basic Grey Paper with just a sentiment stamp for my teenage and older nephews. Darleenstamps does WONDERS with Basic Grey!! Check her Gallery out!!

Suzanne 08-24-2006 05:59 AM

I only have retired set that I use for masculine cards. I still love Ships Ahoy & Papa's Pocket even if they are old & retired.

LuckyGirl 08-24-2006 06:51 AM

Noble Deer
Wild Fowl
Natural Beauty

I discovered stamping after a lot of the sets already mentioned were retired.

jreks 08-24-2006 06:59 AM

Lovely as a Tree is my masculine favorite.

nbwcc 08-24-2006 07:04 AM

Set Sail, and Nature Prints... but even of those two, I really really LOVE Set Sail, and wouldn't give it up for anything!

Momofoneson 08-24-2006 07:12 AM

I just ordered Nature Prints yesterday, that is an awesome set. Very masculine.