Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-22-2005, 03:49 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking How I'm saving money with SU (really)

I am not an artist. I am a crafter. Trust me, there's a difference!! So, after 3 -4 years of various purchases I decided to limit myself to SU. I've got a gazillion cards to CASE and only one place to spend my money. It makes no sense from an artistic standpoint as I absolutely love some other companies stamps -- in fact I'm not in love with this year's SU catty. BUT, SU has plenty to keep me going. I've bought so much other stamps and paper and embellishments that just sit there because I have no clue what to do with them and my stuff looks lousy.

Once I made the decision to only go SU (and, yes I'm becoming a hobby demo) I've CUT the amount of money I spend on my craft purchases. [The only exception is the genesis trimmer I ordered last November because I can't stand these lousy cutters!!]

So, I'm limiting myself to the $240 a quarter ($80 a month) SU demo budget. If SU doesn't make it, I don't need it. Even though I know I could get the adhesive cheaper elsewhere and maybe the punches with a coupon somewhere, I know that if I just buy it in one place I'll save money in the long run. No more impulse buying. Everything will coordinate. No more random buys. No more piles of unused stuff. Yeah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2005, 03:51 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!! I wish I had better will power. I am a demo and every once in awhile see something I just HAVE to have....but never use.

Mindy

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2005, 04:03 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Makes sense to me and I have a lot of stuff I don't use either especially onsie stamps that I just thought I had to have.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2005, 04:10 PM   #4  
Mrs. Incredible

I have always felt this way.

Before I became a Stampin' Up! customer and then a demo I was in a stamp club with CTMH. I bought all my stuff from them and now I buy all my stuff from Stampin' Up!.

I love to have everything cordinate and the guess work taken out of it for me.
It has always been an appealing to me to find everyting in one place. It saves me money and time. I am not wasting my money on products I don't use or don't match what I have. I am not wasting my precious time running all over the place looking for things to match.

I am with you on this one!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2005, 04:34 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I always love it when I am at a workshop and one of my customers makes a comment like that. It is great to know that everything you have coordinates.

Yes, I have some stamps and accessories I have bought elswhere mainly before I became a demo, but I hardly use it. The quality of the cs is usually not as good. It also doesn't help that I keep my SU! stuff segregated so other companies quality doesn't rub off (hehe). Mostly I have given my misc merchandise to my 11 year old nieces to have and use and they love it. I gave them each a bag full of stamps for their birthdays a few years ago and they use them all the time.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:25 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree - I don't even use the Michaels 40% off coupons anymore. I've thrown out or given away so many non-SU things that I decided it was cheaper to just buy from SU. I love the coordinated colors (makes it so easy to be creative) and although at first I didn't like having to guy stamps in sets, now I won't waste money on a single stamp - not versatile enough!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2005, 05:58 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Me too! Just this week I went through all my non-SU stuff & am going to give it away. SU stuff is so much nicer than other companies' products, and it's hassle-free! Also helps that I just submitted my paper work to be a demo!

One thing I won't give up that is not SU is my Creative Memories cutting system. I love it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2005, 06:27 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

I have to agree about the paper thing. I used to buy a piece here, a piece there from my local stamp store or use samples I would get from a printshop. But what sucks is when I really like a card I've done but can't replicate it because I only had one sheet of that color. So I think from now on I'm going to stick to SU and Bazzill paper, or something my friend and I split from the paper warehouse. As for stamps, I just have way too many to cut down to just SU! I'm challenging myself to use every stamp I own at least once. So I should be done oh, about, three years from now if I use one everyday! ;)

Wild Rose Stamper blog
SCS gallery
Reply With Quote Likes