Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Martha Stewart Lace Doily Punch Question... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/martha-stewart-lace-doily-punch-question-378248/)

ChristinaK 08-30-2008 06:38 PM

Martha Stewart Lace Doily Punch Question...

Hi! I just picked up The Lace Doily Punch and Drippy Goo punches from Michaels. Can you use these with Stampin' Up cardstock? Is your Lace Doily Punch hard to punch through cardstock? I feel like I am going to break mine!

skkirts 08-30-2008 09:25 PM

MS border punches

I think most border punches are recommended for 65 lb cardstock and lighter. I bought a piece of cardstock and used it to try out the lace doily before I bought it. I haven't been brave enough to try it on our heavier cardstock yet. It took some effort even with the lighter weight.
SharonK

wagleg 08-30-2008 09:52 PM

It did not punch through my SU cardstock. It went back.

babydal57 08-30-2008 10:57 PM

I got it through Bazzill CS but it was really difficult. I've stuck with thinner papers since then.

wendalyn 08-31-2008 12:36 AM

I couldn't get mine to go through any cardstock so i only use it with paper.

Valeria71 08-31-2008 02:12 AM

i can get mine through su cs ,just bend youre pp a bit to make it more flexible and dont start to punch the pp at the very end where the pp meets the punch ,just make a litle gap ,oh not very good in explaining in english ,but hope you understand waht i mean :/

this always works for me and my su pp

smitty2004 08-31-2008 03:53 AM

i was able to,(my hand would be red and i used alot of pressure) but after 6 months, that delicate little handle snapped off. lesson learned.

Suzy_H 08-31-2008 04:18 AM

Any intricate punch like that will not work on cardstock - I would stick with textweight and above.

And yes I tried, hoping - and it wouldn't punch through. I am still keeping it, it works great on my lighter papers and basicGrey patterned paper. I just love the pattern too.

Martha, I can't quit you!

jpardoe 08-31-2008 05:03 PM

I love the MS punches! Yes, it is harder to punch SU cardstock. It does help to start with using just half the punch (only go in an inch or so under the punch part) the first punch then working out. I also found that if I push the lever with my right hand and also apply pressure to the actual punch part with my left hand at the same time it works much better. It's the 'double pressure' I guess. :rolleyes:

Doodah 08-31-2008 05:13 PM

My goo punch went through SU cardstock just fine. I didn't have a problem at all...

StampingShawn 09-01-2008 05:17 AM

I have a lacy Fiskars punch that works fine with cardstock, but my MS punch won't even go through thin cardstock. I'm very disappointed with the quality of it. I won't be buying any other MS punches.

wendalyn 09-02-2008 04:18 AM

It is definately strange how some go through cardstock so well and others not at all...

mom of Marine 09-02-2008 08:58 AM

I used the MS lacy punch to go through the very vanilla cardstock without any trouble at all. On another thread someone suggested placing your punch in the freezer for a few minutes-I haven't tried this yet.

Mis.ty 09-02-2008 09:31 AM

I have the scallop edge M.S. punch. I find it punches through all SU cardstock (so far). Don't know if the lace one is just more intricate or delicate -- could be -- good to know. I think I won't buy any more M.S. punches -- with good luck on the scallop, I don't want to press my luck (no pun intended) lol