Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   ???Making Memories Fresh Paint????? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/making-memories-fresh-paint-19026/)

creeklife 12-06-2004 03:55 AM

???Making Memories Fresh Paint?????

I purchased a set of the Making Memories fresh paint because I wanted to color some of their metal embellishments. I was hoping that their website would have some ideas for using this on paper or cardstock, but no such luck. The shop owner really suggested I purchase the book on using "fresh paint" but I resisted because it's pretty pricey and she carried the 3 book MM series, only one of which dealt with the paint.

Has anyone here used this product on paper or cardstock with good results? Wondering what worked for you??? Is it only for use on the less detailed foam rubber stamps (gads... :shock: ...something else to invest in?????)?

I would really appreciate any technique help or what projects you have had good success with using Fresh Paint. I bought a color set for the green and now the Cityscapes set (which has colors a little more suitable for TOT or distressing) is calling my name and the store is 40 miles from here :shock: I'm really wanting to do something for the background on the cover of a tag book.

jbalcer 12-06-2004 04:22 AM

I love it! The colors are rich & vibrant, and match many su! colors. But you really do need to use a light hand when applying it with the sponges (provided w/the paint) to your stamps. Love it on paper, love it on fabric, on wood. . . good stuff!

I did paint on the metal frames, and ended up sanding most of it off cause I didn't like the fully-painted look.

Why not try some of those 99c paints from walmart first? If i'm not mistaken, it's the same stuff, only cheaper. . .

creeklife 12-06-2004 04:47 AM

Thanks for the Walmart suggestion! Maybe I will do that with an ivory or buttery color first. Appreciate your help! :D

Angela Bounds 12-06-2004 05:10 AM

I took a workshop at our local scrapbook store, and we used the paints on metal embellishments and paper. We dipped the sponge in the paint, then blotted it off a little and then applied to the paper. We used a textured paper, so the paint on the paper was a nice effect. I haven't bought the paints, but thought I'd get a couple neutral colors from Walmart.

pinefeather 12-06-2004 06:02 AM

I do have to say that I do love the MM freshly painted book.. I also have the sewing one too - the micheals I am by had just those 2 so I have yet to get the dye one.

Now I am an idea book junkie of sorts.. I LOVE to have inspiring books, but I am pretty selective too. The MM books have gorgeous pictures and fun ideas for their products, ideas even that you might not have thought of. I have the beyond metal and beyond attachments books as well and love those too. They are really great books just to sit with and look at when you need some creative inspiration.

So anyways.. I would recommend at least getting the chance to page through the freshly painted book!

And I do agree that if you just want to experiment with acrylic paints... try out the cheap ones first.. get a feel for what you can do with them.

Have fun!

Heather