Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-08-2008, 08:27 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making a List of Verses and Suggestions?

I have quite a few SU sets and I just realized that many of them have great verses that I forget about because they are all in their plastic cases. I've decided to make a list of the verses included in each set. I recently pulled out Happy Harmony and had forgotten that there are five verses in this set.

If anyone has done this and has any tips or suggestion they would be appreciated.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2008, 10:59 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

bump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2008, 11:33 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

I am sure that many others will have ideas for you and probably better than mine; but, for what it is worth, this is what I do:

I made a document in Word with 3 columns; Column 1 lists the entire phrase or verse, Column 2 has the name of the set which it came from including an R if retired, and Column 3 has a number from 1 to 7 to indicate what shelf it is on in my tall 2-door cabinet. Print it out and using binder clip to hang on hook inside the cabinet door.

Similar list is there that lists all my sets alphabetically and which shelf so I can quickly locate them.

Carol in MN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2008, 11:41 AM   #4  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

I know what you mean~ sometimes if I can't see it on my desk, I forget I have or to use it.
My only suggestion would be to stamp them all on a piece of paper, label them by set, and hang it on your wall where you can see it.

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2008, 01:24 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNCarolView Post
I am sure that many others will have ideas for you and probably better than mine; but, for what it is worth, this is what I do:

I made a document in Word with 3 columns; Column 1 lists the entire phrase or verse, Column 2 has the name of the set which it came from including an R if retired, and Column 3 has a number from 1 to 7 to indicate what shelf it is on in my tall 2-door cabinet. Print it out and using binder clip to hang on hook inside the cabinet door.

Similar list is there that lists all my sets alphabetically and which shelf so I can quickly locate them.

Carol in MN
I've started something like this. My stamps are pretty easy to find by set because they are organized together: Animals, Floral, Spring, etc. I've listed the verses and the set they are with. So far I have three pages and not half through them yet. I am so surprised that I had forgotten some great little verses included in these sets. There are a lot of repeats as far as Hello, Thinking of You, etc, but there are a lot of unique ones too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2008, 02:34 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Here's another vote for stamping them on a piece of paper. I have all of my stamps stamped on paper that I label with the title of the set or the labeled bin for my loose stamps. I do this for a few reasons: sometimes I flip through for some inspiration, sometimes I forget what I have!!, even though some sentiments are duplicated the style of the font is usually different and appropriate for different cards. If you just type them out then you don't know the "look" of the words. I have all the paper in individual plastic sheets and in a binder on the desk in my craft room. Always know what I've got and always know what it looks like! Hope this helps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2008, 03:56 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I separate all my stamps according to subject. All word stamps are in one group, all animals, scenes, holidays, etc each in their own group. That way when I want a particular subject I can go to that category or if I want a word, I have all of those in one place. Keeping the sets I purchased from Stampin' Up in their original sets means nothing to me. I also don't care if they are retired or not. If I bought the set, I must like it. and want to keep it to use.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

I like the idea of keeping everything by subject matter. Since I am not a dealer, I have that option. I have been chunking stamps in gallon bags by category. Now that I have so many acrylics, I have to devise something else. As much trouble as stamping EVERY stamp on paper and then noting where it can be found may be, seems like it is the best idea. I think I will at least separate the acrylic sets and get things together. Others have said those 3 inch binders with sheet protectors work great. STILL LOTS OF WORK FOR ALL OF US!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2008, 04:44 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw2855View Post
Keeping the sets I purchased from Stampin' Up in their original sets means nothing to me. I also don't care if they are retired or not. If I bought the set, I must like it. and want to keep it to use.

Patti
I need to know what is current for making cards for the WOW contest at stamp camps I attend -- only items that are current can be entered. Due to space, I need vertical storage and desk would not hold a binder of stamped inventory...I had one when my collection was smaller and fit into a one inch binder, but now would need at least 2 three inch ones and no space. Would defeat purpose of it to have it stored on a shelf in another room.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2008, 05:19 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

I read on here that many people photocopy the sheet of sticker labels that come in an SU! set before they cut out and label the wood blocks. I have done that and have the pages in a binder - but you could just scan and keep in computer if storage is a problem. That way I know what goes with each set, as I prefer to store sets and not separate them by categories - just the way my mind works. The idea of stamping the sentiments is a good if you can just locate the stamp when you want it...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2008, 10:03 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

I had hoped I wouldn't have to stamp all the verses and then of course clean them, but that seems like its the best way... I see the point of being able to see what font is being used. The most important thing is that I want to be able to remember what verses that I have. Now I'm wondering if I do this if I should make lists by topic? Birthdays together, with set they're from, Thinking of You together with set they're from , etc. It will take some time but worth it when I'm done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2008, 10:46 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjw2855View Post
I separate all my stamps according to subject. All word stamps are in one group, all animals, scenes, holidays, etc each in their own group. That way when I want a particular subject I can go to that category or if I want a word, I have all of those in one place. Keeping the sets I purchased from Stampin' Up in their original sets means nothing to me. I also don't care if they are retired or not. If I bought the set, I must like it. and want to keep it to use.

Patti
Me too!
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes