Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Making a List.... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/making-list-367623/)

staramaze 07-27-2008 01:25 PM

Making a List....

So... I am creating a little database... testing some papers, inks and coloring methods... so I need to know...

What is you favorite black or brown ink:
What is your favorite stamping surface (or a common stamping surface not on the list):

The Surface list so far:
SU! White
SU! Watercolor Paper
Georgia Pacific
SU! Velum Cardstock
SU! Shimmery White Paper

and I am trying to think of all the different coloring methods... what am I missing?

Copics and Copic blender pen
Watercolor crayons (or watercolor pencils) with blender pens
watercolor crayons (or watercolor pencils) with an H2O brush
Prismacolor with OMS
Pastels with Blender pens
SU! markers with bender pens
SU! Ink with H20 brush or blender pen

Thanks everyone for your help!

wagleg 07-27-2008 01:35 PM

My favorite surface- PTI white
and for coloring the Koh-I-Noor pencils with OMS.

katestamps716 07-27-2008 02:01 PM

Palette Noir on PTI white, colored with Prisma pencils and Gamsol.

geekgirl415 07-27-2008 02:08 PM

I wish I could contribute, but I haven't tried PTI's white yet, even tho i have some (:rolleyes:)... but i'll be eagerly awaiting your results.

For the ink, i like Blk or Bro Stazon- but haven't tried the palette noir yet...

kphorse 07-27-2008 02:10 PM

Versafine Black and Sepia.
Adirondack Pitch Black
Brilliance Black
Mementos Tuxedo

PTI White, TAC White, GP White

Prismacolor Pencils with Gamsol
Copics
SU Watercolor Crayons

steubner 07-27-2008 02:18 PM

What is you favorite black or brown ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
What is your favorite stamping surface: PTI White or Fabriano Aquarello Hot Press Watercolor paper 140 lb.

As far as coloring methods, I use other reinkers (Like Ranger), in addition to SU. Otherwise, I think you got it all!
Ooh wait...there are peerless watercolors, twinkling H20's, and Yasumoto Pearlescent Watercolors. I have also seen them combined, like Copics and Koh-i-noor pencils.

KatarinaM 07-27-2008 02:39 PM

Burnt Umber Palette Ink on PTI white, or Fabriano hot press watercolor paper, colored with a combination of Tombow/SU! markers and watercolored with a standard artists brush.

staramaze 07-27-2008 02:57 PM

lots of great ideas so far... things I didn't think of!

Keep 'em coming!

Anemone 07-27-2008 04:04 PM

My go-to black ink is Palette Noir.
My favourite paper to stamp on - depends what I'm doing, but my most used three are SU! white, Geogia Pacific and 140lb watercolour paper.

For colouring, I used lots of different things, but one thing I think that hasn't been mentioned yet are the Bic Mark-Its and Sharpies.

Quiltnstamper 07-27-2008 04:36 PM

I use Neenah Classic Crest in Solar White exclusively. Love the stuff.
Coloring - prismacolor pencils and gamsol
Favorite black ink - versafine black

NikiE 07-27-2008 05:47 PM

My favorite cardstock is PTI white. My favorite black ink is usually graphite black brilliance. If I'm in a hurry or don't want to heat set, then I like Momento black. I also like palette noir. My favorite coloring method is copics, but I love the look of prismacolors and OMS, too.

smithr66 07-27-2008 05:56 PM

I like to stamp on a large tile, but I see that's not the "surface" you meant. :)

ebethneu 07-27-2008 06:13 PM

My favorite black ink is adirondack black, then memento black. And PTI white cardstock for coloring with my copics!!!! I do like to use SU reinkers and a VERY fine watercolor brush, it has about 5 bristles on it. If I watercolor it will either be on paper from the art store or PTI white, depending on how I want it to look.

ebethneu 07-27-2008 06:14 PM

Oh! I also like to go over my watercolor with the copic fine tip artist pens to shadow and add detail, same with my white gel pen.

Paula in GA 07-27-2008 06:30 PM

I have several favorites:
Palette Noir, Brilliance Black & my all time favorite is India Ink Black.
Brilliance Chocolate, Palette Brown & Adirondack Espresso.
For paper I prefer Cougar 80# White & Beckett Expressions 80# White

Paperdoll Steph 07-27-2008 06:36 PM

What is you favorite black or brown ink: Black: Graphite Brilliance Black or Black Staz-On; brown: SU Classic Chocolate Chip
What is your favorite stamping surface (or a common stamping surface not on the list):

The Surface list so far:
SU! White
SU! Watercolor Paper
Georgia Pacific
SU! Velum Cardstock
SU! Shimmery White Paper

Would a card base be included? I personally am addicted to Bazzill Canvas texture in White.

and I am trying to think of all the different coloring methods... what am I missing?

Copics and Copic blender pen
Watercolor crayons (or watercolor pencils) with blender pens
watercolor crayons (or watercolor pencils) with an H2O brush
Prismacolor with OMS
Pastels with Blender pens
SU! markers with bender pens
SU! Ink with H20 brush or blender pen

Also just SU markers without blender pens...

HTH! :)

cardscrapperk 07-27-2008 08:27 PM

...checking it twice, gonna find out who's naughty or nice, Santa Claus is coming to town - Sorry, couldn't resist, LOL!

Now that I've got that out of my system, my favorite brown ink is SU's chocolate chip!

geekgirl415 07-28-2008 06:40 AM

morning bump!

peebsmama 07-28-2008 08:20 AM

I don't see my favorite black ink listed yet so I will chime in here with a vote for Archival Jet Black. Its permanent, dye based, smear proof, waterproof, fade proof and dries really quickly and is a true black (no purple undertone like SU basic black). I also like the Archival Coffee for a permanent dark brown. The Archival line is made by Ranger and is available at the big box craft stores.

For white paper, I use GP 110 lb because I can get it inexpensively at W*Mart. I actually prefer SU white but I go through so much of it, I have to be economical.

Stamping Teacher 07-28-2008 08:30 AM

I love PTI White and Copics!

staramaze 07-28-2008 06:48 PM

great job everyone! thank you SO MUCH!