Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-12-2008, 04:46 AM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Join the Wish RAK fun

I hope it�s okay to post this here. Many of you have PM�d me asking what Wish-RAK (Random Acts of Kindness) is all about as it's in my signature and I�ve posted several times that it is a great way to get stamped images (esp. Bellas) of stamps that you haven�t bought yet. I just LOVE the generosity of our stamping community. Of course, true to SCS, it�s also very enabling because once I get images, I fall in love, and have to buy the stamp

This is a LONG post. It all seems overwhelming at first but it really is EASY and so much FUN! Instead of a 1:1 image swap, Wish RAK is where you �wish� for images you want and hopefully someone having that stamp will see your wish and fulfill it. Believe me they will! In a nutshell, you list images of stamps you want (other stuff like punches, brads, ribbon, etc. can be requested too), and most importantly, you fulfill wishes of other members who are looking for images, etc. that you have. As you fulfill wishes, you earn more �bonus� wishes to request of your own. Make sense?

Wish RAK is a subforum of the RAK User Forum. So, first, you request to join the RAK User Forum by using this link: Forums at Splitcoaststampers

You�ll see a list of �The following groups are available to join� OR �You are a member of the following groups�. Request to join RAK. Memberships are processed biweekly. I can�t remember if you get a PM confirming your membership, or if you just need to keep checking back on the link above to see if you are now a member? Once approved, you�ll see it listed when you visit the Forums page: Forums at Splitcoaststampers. �User Groups� will be listed at the very bottom of this page after everything else. Under RAK, you�ll see the subforum �Wish RAK� link. That is where you will find all the information, instructions, etc. to join it. Please note there are LOTS of detailed instructions here and it is VERY important to read them. It can be VERY overwhelming and time consuming to figure it all out the first time, but once you get it figured out, it�s really VERY simple to post your wishes and to fulfill others wishes.

Again, you'll need to read the detailed instructions, and keep up to date on them, but right now, once your membership is approved, you get 3 �bonus� wishes to start off. Then as you fulfill others� wishes, you earn �bonus� wishes. You can post a max of 3 wishes per day provided you have that many bonuses on the master list. Then once you�ve received enough images, or have purchased the stamp yourself, you can request to close that wish. To begin fulfilling others wishes, you will look at the master wish list which is updated every few days. They provide it in Excel and PDF. When you�re fulfilling a wish you will stamp off 6-8 images on a � sheet of cardstock. Everyone lists the ink preference and cardstock preference. Again this is all detailed in the instructions. 6-8 quarter sheets will easily fit in an envelope with just 1 stamp. There�s a little info sheet that you fill out with your name, SCS name, and what wish you�re fulfilling, and then as you and others receive images, you are required to post a thank you in the appropriate thread. Then the Mods update the Master sheet with your �bonus� numbers.

I hope this helps you all. There are NO requirements of how often you have to fulfill wishes, post wishes, etc. it is all up to you how much or how little you participate. I love the Wish RAK!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2008, 07:18 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

One question, as a beginner, I think I would have a huge wish list but don't have a lot to offer to others. Any suggestions for a beginner?
#24 Fan!
My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2008, 10:04 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinchampinView Post
One question, as a beginner, I think I would have a huge wish list but don't have a lot to offer to others. Any suggestions for a beginner?
I felt the same way at first too - I just started stamping in January 2007. Wish RAK goes beyond stamped images, and you can also fulfill wishes for cardstock, ribbon, embellishments, punched cardstock, etc. Also, some folks will wish for generic stamped images (like flowers, boy stuff, etc.) , not necessarily vendor specific so that helps too. And you can use your same stamp set to fulfill multiple wishes so that helps too. And if you have some stamping friends nearby you could ask to borrow their stamp sets to fulfill some wishes. I've done that before

Also, I should probably start another thread recommending another fun forum and that is the Pay it Forward (PIF) - Stamped Images thread that is found within the "Everything Else" subforum of the "Swap" forum. It's another great way to get more images. Here's the current link where you can read instructions:
Forums at Splitcoaststampers
I haven't played it in a while but it is very fun and addicting
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2008, 11:19 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I agree with what is being said about Wish-RAK...I've been a part of the group for awhile now and have accumulated way more wishes than I'll ever need. I just send out wishes when I can and I am always coming home to envies of wishes in my mailbox. I've sent out cardstock, designer paper, punched out shapes and of course images. I just cut a lot of whisper white cardstock into quarters and then stamp away when I have time...

If you are itchy to have a new bella, but aren't sure how often you'd use it, then join wish RAK

**when you request to join RAK, it may take up to two weeks to gain access. The volunteer who takes care of all of this only has the time to do it about twice a month...it takes several hours each time due to updating memebership rolls, address lists etc...so please be patient.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for taking the time to explain this!! Can't wait to become a member and start sending out some wishes! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks, I just sent in my request....I'm already in one exchange here for images and I'm anxious to see what all I get.....

debi
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes