Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-13-2008, 11:57 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you to the sweet people....

...who have commented on Ava's (my little 5 year old friend) cards! You have been so kind to leave such wonderful comments for her.

Ava is 5, almost 6 now, and has been making cards with me since she was 2. She visits me for a day about every other weekend and we almost always make cards and crafts for the events in her life.
How fun it has been for me to watch her grow in her cardmaking, she used to only make cards that were pink, purple or turquoise because those are her favorite colors, but now she is starting to make cards with the recipient in mind, for example, a while back she chose lime green cardstock for gramma's card because that is gramma's favorite color and now she stamps cars for the male car lovers in her life...kinda neat to watch.

I've just started an album in my gallery for her stuff (should've done this a long time ago) and I put in the 2 cards she made yesterday. WOW, I was blown away by the comments she has gotten. I can just imagine the smile (and little blush) those comments will put on her face!
Lately, I have been trying to explain "the internet" and "SCS" to her, so now the next time she visits me, I'll take out a map and show her where your comments are coming from.
Thank you so, so much for taking the time to help make a little girl feel really special about her handmade works of art!

Sue

...no matter where you are, there you are! my gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 12:31 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

You are so lucky to have a stamping buddy. I have a feeling that these will be some of Ava's most precious memories as she gets older.
She does absolutely lovely work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 12:47 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 106 Likes on 67 Posts

Ava is absolutely adorable. It's so wonderful that she likes to stamp with you. She is very talented.

It is so fun to watch them grow, isn't it. My niece is almost 11 and I've enjoyed watching her grow. She likes stamping with me. She likes that I give her pretty much full access to my stamp room now. And she always tells me that I am the most creative person. Even though I know there are others more creative, it is so nice to hear that from her.

My Gallery| My My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

I left comments for Ava. We need to encourage talent like hers. What fun that you have a stamping buddy. She is so cute.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2008, 12:56 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Send a message via Skype™ to Carole4312

Wow - she's a star !!!!
Reply With Quote Likes