Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Love the new sets, but what's with.... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/love-new-sets-but-whats-160405/)

WeimFamily 07-01-2006 03:57 AM

Love the new sets, but what's with....

I am online now - my demo is handing out catty's next week. And I have such a wishlist that I'll spread out over time for our club. BUT, what's with the dog's fur in Parlez Vous Francais? Is it just me? Perhaps it looks better in person...

Sereikastamper 07-01-2006 04:09 AM

What you mean you are not going to rush out for that one??? JK lol!!!

WeimFamily 07-01-2006 04:11 AM

Maybe I'll order extra's in case I wear out the rubber on that one :D. Guess it's a good thing there's at least one I don't like???

Sereikastamper 07-01-2006 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeimFamily
Maybe I'll order extra's in case I wear out the rubber on that one :D. Guess it's a good thing there's at least one I don't like???

Hahahahah!!!!!

I know....I had my catty and all I can say is....SU WANTS ALL MY MONEY!

Stefo 07-01-2006 04:24 AM

the disturbing dog

You and I are thinkin' alike. I love that set *except* for that dog! He disturbs me, but I can't figure out why. Now I am struggling over whether to order that set in spite of so disliking one of the stamps. Ahhh, what to do????:confused:

Lisa Loiselle 07-01-2006 04:58 AM

They must've needed a replacement for Children of the Corn.

serialpurrs 07-01-2006 05:06 AM

I don't see anything wrong with it. Was one of the sets I placed on my mental wanted list when looking through the online catty. Have a feeling we'll see a lot of really cute cards with that set.

malindaplace 07-01-2006 05:39 AM

In general it's a cute set, it's just that the poodle seems to have been oddly groomed....

CardFanatic 07-01-2006 05:51 AM

I have studied this catty for hours and hours over the past couple of days... but I had to go look at that set. I had hardly glanced at it... Can you guess it's NOT on my wish list? :p The only thing I like in that set is the scalloped square. The poodle... It does have some funny looking fur! :p

Bagpuss 07-01-2006 11:10 AM

I can't believe they replaced the wonderful, wonderful Paris in the Spring with that freaky dog! His front paws look like little clenched fists! His back paws look like I drew them!

His feet's too big - don't like him cos his feet's too big... (hate him cos his feet's too big):mrgreen:

JulieHRR 07-01-2006 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malindaplace
In general it's a cute set, it's just that the poodle seems to have been oddly groomed....

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! I must say I agree with that. " . . . oddly groomed" . . .

Yes, that's a GREAT description!!!!! :mrgreen:

jailbirdstamper 07-01-2006 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeimFamily
I am online now - my demo is handing out catty's next week. And I have such a wishlist that I'll spread out over time for our club. BUT, what's with the dog's fur in Parlez Vous Francais? Is it just me? Perhaps it looks better in person...

I thought he was adorable!!!:o

Kathi127 07-01-2006 01:17 PM

As much as I'm an animal lover, this one's not on my wish list either! That poor dog is a little weird looking, that's for sure! LOL

Kathi

mytime 07-01-2006 01:36 PM

Hey-I ordered that set!!!!
I will be on a mission to make "someone" else like it now! LOL!
I think she is cute! I will be covering the "fur" with Liquid applique. I have a poodle card in my gallery from TAC and was happy to see we have one I can use now for demo's.

WeimFamily 07-01-2006 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytime
Hey-I ordered that set!!!!
I will be on a mission to make "someone" else like it now! LOL!
I think she is cute! I will be covering the "fur" with Liquid applique. I have a poodle card in my gallery from TAC and was happy to see we have one I can use now for demo's.

I am going to watch for cards. I LOVED all the other pieces in this set, but that pup just struck me wrong! BUT - I will keep an open mind and check back to the gallery once some of you have received the set. If y'all can make it cute I may change my mind. :-D

jacqueline 07-01-2006 05:58 PM

I guess I'm an oddballl (like the poodle) because I like the dog stamp best of all in this set. Wasn't really liking the other stamps enough to want the set!

valeriecathleen 07-01-2006 06:21 PM

The hair reminds me of some guys you see on the beach with TOO much hair on their bodies - back, arms, shoulders, etc. You know - the guys who look like they are wearing gorilla suits and they're not.

Je parle "No thanks!"

speale 07-01-2006 06:22 PM

He might be cute if you used liquid applique on him...!

hedgiemama 07-01-2006 06:26 PM

He's one of those eclectic sort of chaps, you'd see on a card at Borders Book Store. Or a fancy gift shop in an expensive shopping area. Sort of off beat, different, and not necessarily for a dog lover, but could be for a dog lover...

Even though he is strange, he looks like a nice little guy, and I suspect the cards are going to be fun.

krabearkub 07-01-2006 06:30 PM

When I opened to that page that was the first thing that cought my eye! :suprised: I think it was "Oddly Groomed" also.

GarnetJ 07-01-2006 06:34 PM

I think it's a cute little dog - female!! But it does seem to me that she needs to have more curls all over, or she should have had the summer poodle cut - shaved in the middle.

Mamadukes 07-01-2006 08:56 PM

Isn't it funny how different people can have such different ways of looking at the same thing? Because I agree with Jacqueline, I really like the poodle in that set, but I'm not too sure about the rest of the stamps. I personally think the cake is a little weird, but I do like the dog.

Kerilou 07-02-2006 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valeriecathleen
The hair reminds me of some guys you see on the beach with TOO much hair on their bodies - back, arms, shoulders, etc. You know - the guys who look like they are wearing gorilla suits and they're not.

Je parle "No thanks!"

That is exactly what I thought...well, almost...I won't say what those curly hairs reminded me of..:shock: ..And why did I automatically think it was a He dog??

Bagpuss 07-02-2006 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerilou
I won't say what those curly hairs reminded me of..:shock:

eeew - honestly, you don't NEED to say!!! :mrgreen:

hedgiemama 07-02-2006 08:52 AM

I think we think he is a he dog, because he is not She enough to be a She. So, then, that leaves a Hee dog, with this strange curly haircut.....

And, he is probably very nice and very sweet. We will grow to love him.

JulieHRR 07-02-2006 08:58 AM

http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...lmaosmiley.gif

Kerilou!!!! You made me SPEW coffee all over my monitor, dagnabitt!!! :shock:

Kerilou 07-02-2006 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
http://www.millan.net/minimations/sm...lmaosmiley.gif

Kerilou!!!! You made me SPEW coffee all over my monitor, dagnabitt!!! :shock:

:mrgreen:

JenClark74 07-02-2006 12:45 PM

Kerilou - you read my mind!!! That's EXACTLY what the curlies reminded me of!

jenniferpfromkc 07-02-2006 12:49 PM

I love the set... the dog is a little funny but still cute!

polkadot 07-02-2006 04:58 PM

psycho dog

I had to look it up. I don't like it. Especiallyl the dog. I think it could have been a nice set, but there are odd things about it. What was SU! thinking?:(

llevans 07-02-2006 06:18 PM

I'll tell ya what's got me freaked out - the squirrel in the Super Squirrel stamp set. I am also disappointed with Stinkin' Cute - bizarre looking skunks!

MrsBee 07-02-2006 07:05 PM

Be nice to the pooch ... you know how new perms can be!

carhen 07-02-2006 08:53 PM

That cute little set is on my list of wants! Very kitsch. Can't wait to see all the samples go up with it. Just wish the images were larger. Really into the super size stamps!