Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Looking for stampers in Palmer/Wasilli Alaska (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/looking-stampers-palmer-wasilli-alaska-246123/)

GGladden 05-03-2007 09:06 PM

Looking for stampers in Palmer/Wasilli Alaska

I posted this on the demo side, but thought I may find more results here.

Is there anyone on here from Palmer/Wasilli? My SU upline (she's my niece) may be moving there in the next few weeks:cry: ! We are all crying our eyes out down here, but the inevitable is upon us so we are trying to cope.

She and I talked last night about all the retiring stuff and were wondering if there are stampers and scrapbook fanatics up there. She would like to continue as a demo if the possibilities are good.

She and her husband and two baby girls will be doing mission work with Voice of Christ Radio Ministries. I had never heard of this. Do any of you know about it and if so, is it a popular thing or something? Any info would be appreciated.

Also, this ministry requires them to be totally volunteer, self-supporting, so they are looking for a job for her husband. He is a physical therapist. So, if you know of any openings for that, info would be helpful. As would advice on housing, living conditions.

Not only will I miss her because she is so dear to my heart and I am very attached to those girls, but I will miss my talented upline! I need a stop crying pill for myself, my sister (her Mom), and her Grandmother (the one I see to that lives next door!). We're all a mess. I think I may need to go ahead and order tombstones for sis and nannaw!

tinkerbug 05-03-2007 11:08 PM

You must mean Palmer or Wasilla???

GGladden 05-03-2007 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tinkerbug
You must mean Palmer or Wasilla???

Yes. That's the correct spelling. Thanks.

HisPrincess915 05-04-2007 01:03 AM

Palmer/Wasilla

I live about 30-40 minutes away from there... Not sure how I can help, but I'm here if you have any questions. PM me!

-- kimB

HisPrincess915 05-04-2007 01:10 AM

Gloria -- I have lived in this area for 10 years (and in Anchorage, which is about 45 minutes away) since I was 11 (a loooooong time ago). Alaska is a BEAUTIFUL state in which to live and/or visit and I'm certain that once your niece and her family get settled, they will enjoy being here. Alaska truly is GOD's work of art in many ways - the scenery, the people, the culture... And since they are coming as part of a ministry, I know He will bless them and hold them in the palm of His hand.

Look at it this way -- you're not losing a niece/upline -- you're gaining the perfect reason to come and see the beauty of Alaska first-hand ;)! If you'd like, I can send you a few links for Alaska...let me know!

-- kimB

hockeymomma 05-04-2007 02:13 AM

I wish I was moving back there! Tell your niece she is going to love it!! :)

doxiegal 05-04-2007 07:43 AM

What a small world - one of my best friends lives in Palmer... Unfortunately she is not a stamper, but a quilter, knitter, makes her own fiber from Alpacas, etc. I am sure she would give her any info she can on the area though, if your niece is interested. Let me know.

GGladden 05-04-2007 09:22 AM

Thank you all! I know everything wil be ok.

SallyB - My niece is a quilter too, so if everything goes through and they move, I will send you a pm with her information to share with your friend!

kimb - thanks for the encouraging words! I have seen Alaska first hand and it is beautiful. My husband and our two sons drove all the way from SE Arkansas and up the Alcan highway to Fairbanks to a teacher job fair several years ago. Things just did not work out for us to move there and realized it must have been for us to stay close to family - both sets of our parents are elderly and beginning to be in poor health.