Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-07-2021, 05:46 PM   #1  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts
Default The Cats Pajamas are going digi only :(

I happened to look at their site today...they are going to digi only.
They are selling off the stamps, dies and stencils for 60% off till the end of July.
So if they are in your wishilist...this would be the time.

Too bad for me-I liked their penguins. :( But I was able to get one wishlist set. The other two are gone already.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
Ragtop (07-07-2021)
Old 07-07-2021, 07:29 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

Yes, I saw that a couple of months ago and was disappointed. I rarely use digi stamps and I have a lot of their sets (which I love). Now I probably won't buy any of the digis. However, I know a lot of companies have gone digi because it's more convenient, less expensive, you don't have to keep an inventory on hand, and a lot of people love them. I'm one for physical stamps all the way!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by kazeka:
pepperann (07-08-2021), shirlb19 (07-13-2021)
Old 07-09-2021, 04:59 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Received 854 Likes on 511 Posts

Thank you for the update! They do have some cute digi images, but I do understand the dissapointment if you don't use digis.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2021, 06:20 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoptownracer1View Post
Thank you for the update! They do have some cute digi images, but I do understand the dissapointment if you don't use digis.
My poor inkjet printer bit the dust several years ago and I never replaced it. The cost of the ink was ridiculous and I probably spent twice as much on each sheet of patterned paper that I printed way back when I first started doing digital papers, argh! I do use digis sometimes though, and print them on my husband's laser printer. However, I haven't figured out how to resize them etc, so it's pretty basic stuff for me.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2021, 02:54 PM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

I have to say....printing digi paper does seem to me like a major ink usage? Some patterns are very pretty to be sure but cartridges, esp color, are very expensive...
Reply With Quote Likes
kazeka (07-10-2021)
Old 07-10-2021, 02:56 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Yes, printing digi papers uses up SO much ink, and the results are often not the best. You should see how terrible some of them were back when the digital patterned papers first came out, ugh. I'm sure they're much better now but I don't use them at all. Many of the UK craft magazines have free digital papers and a lot of people seem to use them. I don't know if they're as popular in the US as we have so many choices for printed papers already.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2021, 12:41 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

If a company only sells paper that I have to print, I'd look elsewhere. I'm sure there are some advantages, such as being able to resize an image that would otherwise be on a stamp, but that's outweighed by the cost of paper, ink, printer maintenance, etc. not to mention that with a stamp you can stamp on anything (paper, glass, fabric, plastic, etc.) depending on your ink choice. There is another company that went digital but now have had a re-think and are offering clear stamps again as well. I predict that may happen.
Old 07-11-2021, 04:19 PM   #8  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazekaView Post
Yes, printing digi papers uses up SO much ink, and the results are often not the best. You should see how terrible some of them were back when the digital patterned papers first came out, ugh. I'm sure they're much better now but I don't use them at all. Many of the UK craft magazines have free digital papers and a lot of people seem to use them. I don't know if they're as popular in the US as we have so many choices for printed papers already.
Karen
Ok thanks. I dont do digi at all so I am completely ignorant.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2021, 09:04 PM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Received 854 Likes on 511 Posts

Hi Kazeka, I use the Paint program on my computer to resize. I think I learned it here.
To resize:
Right click on pic or image
Click on "Open With"
Click on Paint
Click on the Resize option at the top menu
Highlight the 100 in the horizontal (percentage) box and change it to the pecentage you would like it to be.
If satisfied with the size, click on the X to exit, and click on the SAVE option. (or don't save if not)

I don't print many patterned papers on the computer, as it does take a lot of ink.

Quote:

My poor inkjet printer bit the dust several years ago and I never replaced it. The cost of the ink was ridiculous and I probably spent twice as much on each sheet of patterned paper that I printed way back when I first started doing digital papers, argh! I do use digis sometimes though, and print them on my husband's laser printer. However, I haven't figured out how to resize them etc, so it's pretty basic stuff for me.
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2021, 01:11 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Yes, I saw that a couple of months ago and was disappointed. I rarely use digi stamps and I have a lot of their sets (which I love). Now I probably won't buy any of the digis. However, I know a lot of companies have gone digi because it's more convenient, less expensive, you don't have to keep an inventory on hand, and a lot of people love them. I'm one for physical stamps all the way! Karen

I think some companies are having a difficult time getting the physical product.  One company I work with has had to delay the last several releases because of this.  Also, I think I saw where the price of postage is going up again.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2021, 02:01 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Yes, prices in general are going up and postage costs are continuing to rise as well. Keeping an inventory of physical product is always expensive and risky, because if it doesn't sell you're stuck with it. I started out with rubber stamps on wood, and love the versatility of physical stamps so prefer them. However, I never thought I would prefer clear stamps over rubber, but here I am now, switching over almost completely. Physical stamps work best for me when I don't want to do a lot of coloring, because I can stamp with different mediums and colors.

Karen 

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2021, 04:10 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 160 Likes on 105 Posts

You should see how many sets I bought. I can't resist a closeout sale. I bought when everything was 50% off. I love all my new stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
wavejumper (07-14-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 02:19 PM   #13  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennifrannView Post
You should see how many sets I bought. I can't resist a closeout sale. I bought when everything was 50% off. I love all my new stamps!

I got dies too. Like the two pop up dies for inside a card. I suppose I could make those cuts with a ruler and a knife but with my hands these days, the less knife work I do the better....

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2021, 08:21 AM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been buying more digital stamps lately - mostly because I am doing a lot more art journaling than card making and I like the flexibility of being able to size digital stamps to the page I'm working on.  Most stamp sets for cards are too small for my art journaling purposes.  I also won't spend $20+ to buy a physical stamp set to make one art journaling page and probably never use it again, but I don't mind spending $3 for an image I'll most likely only use once.  I do think it is hard for small stamp companies to compete - there's so much out there to spend my money on, I can't possibly buy everything I like.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2021, 05:24 PM   #15  
Proud Fan Club Member

I know we are going to a digital world. Doesn't mean I have to love it LOL. That has it's own stuff like the right of printer and a machine that can cut...not for me. But I know a lot of people love them.  

The enabler part of this story is that they have a huge sale on. 

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2021, 01:57 AM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I am sorry that Cat's Pajama's had to make the hard decision to stop selling physical products. I am so excited they are going digital only. I can't wait to share this news with a lot of my digi friends.

I love both physical & digi stamps for different reasons. I am huge into digi's & it's my first love. I have expensive printer's & graphic programs, blah, blah, blah and all that fun stuff to make beautiful creations with.

I do print out digital paper all the time. I have HP Instant Ink program so it's very affordable for me to print out paper. I love I can print out the paper the way I want it. Love a paper from Echo Park but want it in vellum- I can print it in vellum, etc...

I have collections that are my favorite that I have both the digital & physical copies.

wavejumper thanks for letting us know about the sell & enabling us. I am going to go take a peek.

Reply With Quote Likes