Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Looking for a personalized name stamp (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/looking-personalized-name-stamp-238399/)

iluvkids3 04-05-2007 06:27 PM

Looking for a personalized name stamp

Hello, I am looking to buy a personalized hand made or hand stamped by stamp to include my name. Any suggestions on where to buy?

Thanks

cpw3431 04-05-2007 06:31 PM

Stampin' Up sells personalized stamps!

You can have it say what you want!

stampingcottage 04-05-2007 06:35 PM

I have not ordered from them yet, but paperangel.com have a lot of nice custom made stamps for crafters. Hope this helps:)

vdoyle8 04-05-2007 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvkids3
Hello, I am looking to buy a personalized hand made or hand stamped by stamp to include my name. Any suggestions on where to buy?

Thanks

I got this company from someone on SCS .. Creative Images-
cistamps.com
Check it out - I love my stamp and thought the price was great. And it shipped very quickly!

Scrapfever2 04-05-2007 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingcottage
I have not ordered from them yet, but paperangel.com have a lot of nice custom made stamps for crafters. Hope this helps:)

I have ordered thru paperangel.com and HIGHLY recommend them! :D

CelineeBeenie 04-05-2007 10:47 PM

I have ordered personalized stamps from the site called The Stampin Place. The quality of the stamps are very good. The rubber is very thick.
Here is the link:

http://www.stampin.com/online/custom/stock.htm

I phoned customer service and the person I talked to was very nice.

Good luck
:D

C

Aunt B 04-06-2007 04:20 AM

making your own stamps

There is a company in my area making them now, you might want to check it out. http://www.rubberstamps.net/

Jenmouer 04-06-2007 04:24 AM

If you use SU stuff and are looking to sell your cards in the furture probably best to go with SU...

However if not - there are a bunch of companies that have personalized handstamped ones - The Angel Company has nice ones with different fonts available

daisyboo 04-06-2007 05:30 AM

Paperangel has hundreds of designs to order from. If you have a friend to share with they have a special right now to buy one/get one for $12 +shipping is $4. I have ordered from them before and am waiting on a second order right now. I highly recomend them!

gmcbunny 04-06-2007 05:57 AM

I too vote for paperangel - tons of personalized stamps there

ozarkstamper 04-06-2007 06:03 AM

I love the personalized stamp I ordered from TAC!

stamper-c 04-06-2007 06:04 AM

try DRS Designs, www.drsdesigns.com

good luck in your search!

HeatherHolbrook 04-06-2007 06:20 AM

CTMH does personalized stamps too but I also have some from Paper Angel and I love them:)

2manybooks 04-06-2007 06:40 AM

I've seen that SU! has them, I think they are anywhere from $10-$17. Can you also get them from a stationery type store???

~Martha

leeocean 04-06-2007 06:58 AM

I had an SU one but never got a great image off it.
I finally bought one through paperangel. They have a terrific selection. The only downside is that it takes a couple of weeks to get to you.

jendem19 04-06-2007 07:05 AM

my issue with the SU one

My long name won't fit!!!! No on the "hand stamped by" ones anyway.

BUMMER
jennifer

sassyat30 04-06-2007 07:08 AM

I would caution against the SU personalized stamps...the quality is not very good, the etching is very shallow and it's very difficult to get a decent stamp off of it. I have been very disappointed in the SU personalized stamps that I've seen.

This is one area SU could use some major improvement on....I would recommend going with a different company.

lindsidawn 04-06-2007 09:12 PM

I can't recomend any companies since I have only bought one from SU and it is horrible! So all I can say is don't order from them! Like Sassyat30 said the etching isn't very good. The image is sooooo shallow that i can't cut it close enough to get a nice image. So don't bother with SU

TJStamper 04-06-2007 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sassyat30
I would caution against the SU personalized stamps...the quality is not very good, the etching is very shallow and it's very difficult to get a decent stamp off of it. I have been very disappointed in the SU personalized stamps that I've seen.

This is one area SU could use some major improvement on....I would recommend going with a different company.

Sara is absolutely correct. I am a SU! Demo and I never recommend the SU! personalized stamps to anybody. Hopefully I won't get flamed but IMHO the quality is just NOT there. It's not like the other SU! Rubber Stamps (which are awesome by the way). They are made differently and it is very difficult to get a good impression. I would go with another mfr. that somebody could recommend.

Susanlhl 04-06-2007 11:29 PM

This is great advice, ladies- thank you for being so honest about SU personalised stamps. I agree, all the other stamps are wonderful, and I was about to get a personalised one from SU! on the strength of that, but will now go elsewhere - trust you all find what you are looking for, too. :-)

chaikitty 04-07-2007 12:17 AM

I ordered a personalized stamp from Stampin' Up with great anticipation because the font was so darn cute. (I got the large text only one with the Shag Mystery font.) I was very disappointed when it came and I couldn't get the letters to stamp clearly without a smudge from the rest of the rubber on the stamp. Big Bummer!!! Hope they will do something about this!! :0(

jmscoping 04-07-2007 03:07 PM

just a chime in..

i've got several of hte su personalized stamps.

the one that has the copyright on it - stinks. it gives a horrible image.

the one that has deposit only acct # xxxxxx does pretty good. it's just the plain block one.

the other one that has happy holidays and then the mccarty family does pretty good too - but again it's just the plain block image.

the ones that i've sold that have been the scripty fonts have given horrible images though.

so if you do order any, stick with the block font.

lindsidawn 04-07-2007 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmscoping
just a chime in..

i've got several of hte su personalized stamps.

the one that has the copyright on it - stinks. it gives a horrible image.

the one that has deposit only acct # xxxxxx does pretty good. it's just the plain block one.

the other one that has happy holidays and then the mccarty family does pretty good too - but again it's just the plain block image.

the ones that i've sold that have been the scripty fonts have given horrible images though.

so if you do order any, stick with the block font.

I have the single line script with my name on it, I agree about that. I don't know about the block because I've never had one from them.

diane617 04-07-2007 03:58 PM

Has anyone tried this site? http://www.creativemode.com/custom.htm
I would like to use my own siggy and I do it in a stylized form on the back of my cards