Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-21-2007, 12:18 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More than one demo?

Do any of you use more than one demo? I have three in my area that I've ordered from. I'm trying to find a good one. I didn't really like the first one I had. She made mistakes with orders and made me feel like I was bothering her when I'd have a question or want to order something. So now I'm ordering from the other two in my area. It feels like I'm cheating on one when I'm using the other.
Anyone else have more than one demo? Or am I the only demo slut out there?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 12:27 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

I think there are many stampers out there who have more than one demonstrator. If, on the other hand, you find you like, they offer what you are looking for, and treat you welll, rewarding their efforts with your exclusivity is wonderful.

I am a demonstrator myself and know for a fact that several of my customers order from me as well as another demonstrator. Would I prefer they order 100% from me, well yeah, but do I treat them any differently because they don't? No!

I look at it this way, I go to more than one McDonald's locally for essentially the same tiems at the same price, but there are different reasons why I might choose one or another on any given date.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 12:31 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

I am demo and 2 of my customers use other ladies besides me. It doesn't bother me its just we have different styles of stamping and even different sales going on. If I was just a SU! customer I know of 2 ladies here in my town I would buy from.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 12:39 PM   #4  
Forum Fanatic

When I lived in Dayton I used 3 different demos- 2 because they had great card clubs (and I'd put in an order) and 1 who had awesome specials (she was a power seller- so she could really discount!). None were my friends, so I had no conflict.

Once I moved, I stopped using the Ohio demos, as I met a local demo who I have purchased through- she's become my friend. I recently found another local demo who is holding an incredible all day scrapbooking class (20 pages for 40 dollars). I of course am going to the class, because my friend/demo does not offer them (although I'm sure she would help me) but am conflicted about ordering through this demo at the class- even though she is offering some great specials- because, well, my other demo is my friend. So I feel kind of bad about even thinking about using someone else.

Well, that answer didn't help at all
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 12:54 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I use two demos. My orginal demo just didn't fit my style whereas the second demo does, but she lives a good distance away. I try to spead my purchases around. It would be easier to deal with one demo, but I like to see what is out there and of course each demo offers different specials.

You by no way are alone in using more than one demo. I wish I didn't have to.

This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 01:01 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

I also use more than one demo. Different styles of stamping, different specials and different locations. I always make orders when I am at a party so I don't worry about "favoring" one person over another as none as personal friends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 01:28 PM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinseykitty
Anyone else have more than one demo? Or am I the only demo slut out there?
LOL! Your loyalty is admirable. However, you are the customer and you get to decide which demo you buy from.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 01:43 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Before I became a demo I bought from three others because they all had clubs and I enjoy going and supporting them all for different reasons.
-------
Caren
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 01:50 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
When I lived in Dayton I used 3 different demos- 2 because they had great card clubs (and I'd put in an order) and 1 who had awesome specials (she was a power seller- so she could really discount!). None were my friends, so I had no conflict.

Once I moved, I stopped using the Ohio demos, as I met a local demo who I have purchased through- she's become my friend. I recently found another local demo who is holding an incredible all day scrapbooking class (20 pages for 40 dollars). I of course am going to the class, because my friend/demo does not offer them (although I'm sure she would help me) but am conflicted about ordering through this demo at the class- even though she is offering some great specials- because, well, my other demo is my friend. So I feel kind of bad about even thinking about using someone else.

Well, that answer didn't help at all
Going to a class that you pay for does not mean that you have to order from that demo and can still order from your friend. Of course the demo holding the class would obviously love your business, however she didn't stipulate you needed to purchase in order to attend so don't feel badly if you decide not to.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 01:57 PM   #10  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by iiwiireally
Going to a class that you pay for does not mean that you have to order from that demo and can still order from your friend. Of course the demo holding the class would obviously love your business, however she didn't stipulate you needed to purchase in order to attend so don't feel badly if you decide not to.
Oh right- I know I don't HAVE to- but she's got some great specials, that make it enticing...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 02:05 PM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
Oh right- I know I don't HAVE to- but she's got some great specials, that make it enticing...
:-D Can't help you with that one! Good luck with whatever you decide. Customers don't 'belong' to a demostrator. We certainly appreciate loyalty, yet on the other hand, if another demo can offer you something I can't, I can't be upset that you want to get the most for your money.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 03:15 PM   #12  
Compulsive Stamper

I use Three different demos. I do a stamp club with one and stamp camps with the other two. I am a great customer for all of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 03:33 PM   #13  
Kookie Creator

Do any of you that use more than one demo, tell your demos that you do?

Just curious because I would try to cater to a customer if there was something they told me they didn't like or that I didn't offer. So as a customer, it might benefit you to have one of the demos cater to all your needs - if you let them know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 03:55 PM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

I use more than one demo (three, actually, although I'm not a big customer), and they're all aware of it - because they're all my friends. It's tough knowing where to spend my $, and I have felt guilty on more than one occasion because of it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 04:17 PM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Some demos offer really great specials that cannot be passed up It is kind of like the Michaels stores. They don't all have the same things on sale at the same time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 04:46 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Most of the time I purchase from my former downline (Hi, Pam!). Every once in a blue moon I'll purchase from a demo that I've "met" here at SCS to thank the person for some kindness.

I also attend classes with a local demo on occasion. Since I pay for the classes, I feel no obligation to purchase, but if I attended them more often, I probably would.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2007, 07:34 PM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

Talking I have two....

1) my sister is the one I use the most. I'm in her monthly club (like for 4 years) ;

2) my friend, that I go to church with and who is in sister's downline, that I order from. Her monthly club just ended (which I was in also).

They know I use the other. They both offer different styles. Both benefit. Both very fun to hang out with. Both great teachers. I don't think I could give up either one of them.

my gallery
my blog :
What Was I Inkin'?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 05:57 AM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

I say go with whoever you feel most comfortable with. I am a SU demo and was looking for a local CTMH demo and the first one I came across I didn't like how she was running things so I'm going to try to find someone else. I personally am the type that once I find someone I like - I'll probably keep ordering from them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2007, 06:36 AM   #19  
Crimping Master

At a class I was having in Dec one of the ladies who came said right out that she didn't feel comfortable ordering anything from me because she had a regular demo and it felt like she was cheating and that was more than ok with me because I would probably feel the same way...*S*..but My two regular customers order from me and another Demo..which is ok too..*S*

http://stampingmarina.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes