Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Looking 4 a day planner (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/looking-4-day-planner-488939/)

jent 04-25-2010 04:57 AM

Looking 4 a day planner

I'm in need of a new day planner, I believe something around the 5x7, 6x8" size would suit my needs the best. I've only checked a couple of stores but they seemed a bit pricy. Any thoughts where I can find a nice one, reasonably priced?

Thanks, Janice

Jana Z 04-25-2010 05:19 AM

Are you looking for a dated or non-dated (where you write the days in)? If non-dated, you can get the refills pretty inexpensively at Walmart or Staples. I decorated a small binder and then used the refills. You can get binders in a couple of different small sizes too.

jent 04-25-2010 05:53 AM

I was going to make Staples my next place to look. I believe I'm leaning toward the undated and purchasing refills. THANKS so much!

cat_woman 04-25-2010 08:57 AM

If you google "free daily planner template" you'll come up with lots of options to print your own if that's something you like to do. I like to make my own, then I know I have the type and style of pages I need. There is probably a template in the downloads thread here on SCS also.

jent 04-25-2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cat_woman (Post 16572713)
If you google "free daily planner template" you'll come up with lots of options to print your own if that's something you like to do. I like to make my own, then I know I have the type and style of pages I need. There is probably a template in the downloads thread here on SCS also.

What a great idea, guess I need to be more of a googler, lol.

weims 04-25-2010 10:03 AM

I'm a Franklin Covey girl, but theirs aren't cheap.

lovetostamp3 04-27-2010 01:34 AM

I got a wire bound one from Franklin Covey that was on sale for about $14 or $15. It has a 2 page month at a glance and then the week at a glance for more detailed notes and appointments. There's also an address section. The size was 5 x 7, and you can order from them online.

geogymnast82 04-27-2010 05:03 AM

I've gotten where I buy a small, white presentation binder at Staples (or elsewhere if they have them). The pages that fit in are the 5.5x8.5 size. I buy the yearly "tabbed month-in-view" calendar refills and buy blank, lined notepaper for my day to day planning. I found that the pre-printed daily pages tended not to work for me because some days I had a ton of stuff going on and tons of notes to myself on them that I ran out of room on the pre-printed page. By using the blank, lined notepaper, if I fill up a page then I just add a continuation page for it. Plus, somedays I don't have much on them at all and with the pre-printed dated pages I feel like I'm wasting my money if I didn't use them. I always hated the coil binded planners because I always seemed to have extra stuff that I needed with me but I couldn't add to the coil binding, so the three ring little binder works great for that. I had tried various formats, but this is one I tried after the others and the only one that has "stuck". I did like the Franklin Covey products but they tend to be expensive and they're next to impossible to find much in my area.
Forgot to add that I also like that the little binder has a hard cover and many times I have it closed and am writing something loose, so the hard cover gives me a little "desk" surface. I would really like to find something that zips closed, but then I'd have to give up the hard cover and I tend to use that little "desk" a lot.