Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-06-2014, 07:07 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default selling cards

So all of you who sell your cards how exactly do you 'market' them? And how do you price and package them and determine postage for shipping etc?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2014, 03:23 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I have a booth in our local Co-op Shoppes. My cards are packaged in crystal clear sleeves with the inside sentiment stamped on a piece of cardstock that is put into the back of the sleeve. If I have to mail and order out I have a postal scale. They are packaged in a bubble envelope with chipboard on each side to prevent damage.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2014, 05:35 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found a used rack at a thrift store and have it in a local shop with multiple vendors. I package mine the same as the previous poster with a paper envelope inside as well. I buy my clear envelopes at chic and savvy crafters . I only sell locally. I price according to the level of embellishment and how much time/technique went into the card. and knowing my market, most cards are around $3. I know people in more urban areas with larger markets are able to charge more, but I am in small town rural Indiana.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2014, 10:28 AM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Default SELLING MY CARDS

I pack mine in clear envelopes, too. I love the idea of putting the inside sentiment in view. I sell mine at a yearly bazaar and in a museum store. I have to sell them for $5 at the store just so I can get $3 out of them! At the bazaar, they sell for $4, unless they have 3-D flowers on them. Those are $5. I also make them to order for friends, and friends call to see what I have. The problem with selling in a business is that they take up part of the profit, so I dont make as much.
Reply With Quote Likes