Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-30-2006, 09:58 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default length and content of workshops

I recently did a workshop where 6 projects (cards) were made. two were cards that were more technical (had moving parts) 4 were more basic. the workshop lasted 4 hours, the first two were spent waiting to start and then going over the projects. Acutal stamping didn't start until two hours in and then you feel rushed and frustrated. the workshop was $10. would it be better to quickly show the cards and then help those who need more help. Do you find it better to have stations and have the people move or have the projects move from place to place? There are so many ways to do this. Some people seem to get frustrated waiting so long to start (especially the seasoned stampers) and I understand how little time some people have.
How long are your workshops?
How many projects and of what level of expertise?
How can things move along more smoothly?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2006, 10:46 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi, Blue Gal....I think if you haven't already, you would really benefit from joining the Demo Only forums here. There's just a TON of info having to do with demo concerns, such as how to run workshops, what works vs what doesn't, etc. Here is the link explaining how to join:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

I have found that I get quicker answers over there, that are geared more towards the running of the workshop as opposed to being the guest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2006, 11:09 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default thanks

thanks for your suggestion
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2006, 04:25 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually do four cards, 2 are usually more complicted than the other 2 and they usually last 2 hours, so 1/2 for each card. I do each card one at a time, everyone works on the same card, passes supplies, etc and then when everyone is done we go on to the next one. I think that makes things go more smoothly than explaining all the cards at once and letting everyone go free for all. I've done it both ways and for me this works best.
Good luck, hope this helped a little

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2006, 04:40 AM   #5  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My demo does a monthly stamp-a-stack where we make 10 cards--two each of five designs. We don't move, the projects do--in plastic shoe boxes. Four people work on a shoe box at one time. It's two hours total, and starts promptly, but we usually run over by 15-30 minutes. The demo moves around explaining the more complicated cards, but many of the attendees are experienced and help the less experienced along, so the demo isn't run ragged.

This works really well, and since the demo always has good food, people have something to do (eat!) if there's a delay in getting the next project. The delays have never been long and allow for some socializing. I love these workshops and go whenever I can.
Reply With Quote Likes