Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Learn from my mistake, LOL! with visual aide! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/learn-my-mistake-lol-visual-aide-6982/)

mamakimberly 08-23-2004 05:19 AM

Learn from my mistake, LOL! with visual aide!

3 Attachment(s)
Embossing on carpet = NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!

Oh man, that STINKS! Thank God my carpet is berber so the big melty spot is kind of hidden!!

stardust 08-23-2004 05:22 AM

LOL! That reminds me of the time I thought ironing on the floor was a good idea! The iron went right off the shirt onto the cheapo-wanna-be-oriental rug we had and left a big ol' iron print right in the middle. I was just stunned - DH thought it was hysterical. Needless to say that was the last time I ever ironed HIS clothes! :wink:

PaisleyPrincess 08-23-2004 10:34 AM

lol

this reminds me of the time when I was embossing brads for a swap...hundred and hundreds of orange ones...grrr...anyways i did something and the embossing powder melted right off onto my leg.
talk about pain and lovely little scar...anad its been at least 2 years.

kimorr 08-23-2004 10:43 AM

Were you NAKing when you did this? LOL J/K Got a kick out of the other link too!

mamakimberly 08-23-2004 11:00 AM

Hehe! No!! We don't do Nursing While Embossing in this house! Embossing is enough of a challenge!! I would seriously burn her!

I do, however, do nursing while getting the mail (and I generally avoid flashing the neighborhood, I'm pretty good at being discreet.... she's still too little to pop off and look around and leave me flappin in the breeze).

Kimberly :)

Andrea Jackson 08-23-2004 01:12 PM

Ohh!! I'm so glad that I"m not the only one who has done this!!! My bf though that this was just intuitively obvious that you shouldn't use a heating tool on the carpet.... and thought it was hilarious. The carpet and I did not think it was as funny.... it was very stinky and melty... and an apartment ;) Good thing they didn't notice when I moved out!!

lbarnes 08-23-2004 01:34 PM

I have burnt my carpet too! But in my defense I only did it once. I learned my lesson! I am so glad I am not alone!

08-23-2004 01:37 PM

Me too, I'm not proud to admit. I've also had a candle spill on carpet, and the way to clean it is to iron on a paper sack to soak up wax, well I had my iron way too hot, now my floor looks absolutely horrid. Of course, it's in the middle of the room so I can't even hide it with an end table.

dawn

TerriAb 08-23-2004 02:50 PM

I have burned carpet, but not my own! I was babysitting for a friend when her son was an infant and he was sleeping, so I was stamping. The outlet was not near a table (I don't even want to think what I would have done to the table!), so I embossed on the floor. Nice square of black singe around what I embossed! They still haven't replaced it (5 years later), so I'm reminded every time I go to their house.

InsomniacRed 08-23-2004 02:57 PM

HEY I got a burnt spot on my carpet too! NO IDEA how it got there though...Hmm...LOL

Christy

MamaCarp 08-23-2004 02:58 PM

I'm guilty, too. DH hasn't noticed it yet...

Sherry

mbsj 08-23-2004 03:35 PM

I am guilty too. And it did smell terrible. It never has happened again! :D