Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Laminating ephemera and die cutting (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/laminating-ephemera-die-cutting-639407/)

Bohodiva 08-29-2021 09:18 AM

Laminating ephemera and die cutting

I will be using this trick for sure. Enjoy!

cookie1031 08-29-2021 03:51 PM

What a great idea!

suenan 08-30-2021 05:45 AM

That is such a great idea! I will most definitely be doing this. But I wonder...can you simply cut off the back of the laminating pouch and only use the front side with the two pieces of paper beneath?

uncbballfan 09-02-2021 02:53 AM

I think I'm missing the point here. Why would anyone want their diecut flowers and ephemera to be shiny?

I love the little snap envelope, but don't understand why the other things are laminated.

Kristy Tyra 09-02-2021 05:40 AM

I haven't watched the video yet, but I would guess it would be to strengthen the card stock/paper.

elsieminor 09-07-2021 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suenan (Post 22110109)
But I wonder...can you simply cut off the back of the laminating pouch and only use the front side with the two pieces of paper beneath?

Or couldn't you just wait until you get enough items to cover both sides of the copy paper and laminate twice as many items?

Rush'd Lady 09-07-2021 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfan (Post 22111045)
I think I'm missing the point here. Why would anyone want their diecut flowers and ephemera to be shiny?

I love the little snap envelope, but don't understand why the other things are laminated.

If you use a ink jet printer, not a laser printer, if you spill something on the ink jet printed paper, the ink will run. Lamination is like a sealer, but looks better than mod-podge. Some people like the looks of Ranger's Glossy Accents, but even with that, ink jet toner will run if you paint it on.

This lady does do both sides and then after removing the sealed edges, peels them apart.

GypsyRoseStamper 09-07-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suenan (Post 22110109)
That is such a great idea! I will most definitely be doing this. But I wonder...can you simply cut off the back of the laminating pouch and only use the front side with the two pieces of paper beneath?

I wouldn't want to try this ou; since the laminating film is usually larger than the paper being laminated you could possibly make a gooey mess inside the laminator conveyer track.
Another option would be using baking parchment paper behind one side of the paper, and I don't think the laminating will stick to the parchment. But, then, half the laminating pouch does not get put to use.

AussieJenny 09-08-2021 04:20 AM

Good quality book covering adhesive plastic would also do the same thing if applied carefully. Or if you have a Xyron machine, you can get a cartridge with laminate one side, adhesive on the other.

stream26 09-09-2021 01:18 AM

Thank you for sharing.
I made a card for my friend yesterday and really wanted the number to be shiny, but didn't want the bother of glossy accents so ended up leaving it matt. This technique will be fab for future projects.