Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-07-2006, 11:06 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default L-shaped table - Where to find?

Where are you finding the L-shaped tables/desks that you are using in your stamp rooms? I would love to find one reasonably priced.

Also, anyone have the white plastic banquet tables? If so, does the plastic give when you try to stamp or does it remain firm? I'm thinking I might configure 3 of those in different sizes to make an L. Any other suggestions are welcome. I need help thinking this through.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-07-2006, 11:12 AM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

I don't have an L-shaped table (I use the precut counter tops with L brackets from Lowes) so I can't help there. I did have one of those plastic tables that my hubby got for me from Sam's last year. I never got a good, clean image when I stamped. It might be that my room is carpeted, but the middle seemed to be missing from a lot of my images (especially BG stamps). I've since installed the precut counter tops I found at Lowe's and I LOVE them!! : )

Gina
Old 09-07-2006, 11:34 AM   #3  
Glitter Guru

I can't help either with the l-shaped table, but I have a white banquet table. It's not great. I have an old shelf that I put on TOP of the table to stamp on, and also to set eyelets -- I could not, for the life of me, get a hole in my paper using the anywhere hole punch on my banquet table. I like my little system though, with my ugly shelf on my ugly table
Old 09-07-2006, 11:50 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by RidiculouslyAddicted
I can't help either with the l-shaped table, but I have a white banquet table. It's not great. I have an old shelf that I put on TOP of the table to stamp on, and also to set eyelets -- I could not, for the life of me, get a hole in my paper using the anywhere hole punch on my banquet table. I like my little system though, with my ugly shelf on my ugly table
Same here with the eyelets and large stamps! I use a 12x12 square of plywood instead of a shelf, but I do like my table anyway. It's HUGE, didn't cost a fortune, and gives me lots of space to spread out. Also, I don't have a problem getting a good image with regular-size stamps at all.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:10 PM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

I use 2 of the plastic banquet tables. I think they are 28x48. The plastic did give, so DH covered them with MDF cut to fit and it is awesome!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2006, 12:16 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I bought a corner desk at Office max. LOVE IT. It was on sale, very reasonable. and eyelets.... I must of put in atleast 45 today making cards... using my new croc-o-dile. So easy, and quiet. Good luck finding a good desk. Its well worth the money!
Old 09-07-2006, 01:16 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

My husband used closet shelving. It is wide enough to work on a 12x12 scrap book and is sold in longer pieces. You could have it cut on an angle and make your own L shape. Glue the pieces together and then hang on the brackets.