Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Kirkland Baby Wipes? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/kirkland-baby-wipes-377511/)

jwatson9702 08-28-2008 04:29 AM

Kirkland Baby Wipes?

Anyone know if Costco's Kirkland Baby Wipes are safe to use on stamps? I cannot find anything on the package that says if they have alcohol or not. Is anyone familiar with these? Also, is there anything else I need to be aware of when using baby wipes on my stamps? Things they should or shouldn't have besides "no alcohol?" Thanks!

JazzyScrapper 08-28-2008 04:35 AM

I read the package and they are alcohol-free. I have been using them for a couple of months and I have not had any problems.

pjw2855 08-28-2008 04:43 AM

If the package says "unscented" then they are alcohol free. The alcohol is what is used to keep the scent in it just like human perfumes and such.

The package of baby wipes should clearly state on it scented or unscented. I've always found that even though the packages of a particular brand may look the same, the main color of the package is different.

Patti

jwatson9702 08-28-2008 06:01 AM

thanks ladies!!!

Crafts 08-28-2008 06:16 AM

Do Kirkland wipes have lanolin in them? (Someone had posted elsewhere on the web that they do, but I haven't verified it.) Lanolin isn't safe for rubber.

graciez 08-28-2008 07:56 AM

No lanolin and no alcohol...I've been using them for over a year and am happy ..beside they are the least expensive around...

Ronie 08-28-2008 08:57 AM

The Kirkland wipes are my FAV wipes. They are the only wipes that don't give me little one diaper rash. They are also great for my stamps and my ink brayer.

IadoreWentworth 08-28-2008 09:41 AM

Ok, I know - stupid question, but do you wipe the stamps, or stamp the ink off? Don't they leave little fibres? I've always just used the stampin cleaning pad.

Cheers,
Hayley

Jenn D 08-28-2008 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IadoreWentworth (Post 11100455)
Ok, I know - stupid question, but do you wipe the stamps, or stamp the ink off? Don't they leave little fibres? I've always just used the stampin cleaning pad.

Cheers,
Hayley

I only use wipes when I use Craft ink. I stamp the color off on them as opposed to wiping. I also found a paper towel with Stampin' Mist sprayed on it works well for cleaning off Craft ink. Otherwise I just use my Stampin' Scrub.

The wipes haven't left any fibers on my stamps. But I do always clean them with the mist after cleaning with a baby wipe if I use that.

IadoreWentworth 08-28-2008 10:33 AM

Ok 2nd dumb question - why not just use the cleaner for stayzon?

chsgls 08-28-2008 01:14 PM

I use those Kirkland wipes too and am very happy with them.

MelenaPrincess 08-28-2008 01:59 PM

I have started using baby wipes because my stamp room is in the basement and we don't have a sink down there, but since it is the play room I have plenty of baby wipes. If I am doing a lot of stamping I will make the effort to come up and clean off and wet my scrubber and use the stamp cleaner, but if I am making one quick card I grab a wipe out of convenience. I guess I'm just lazy. :)

CraftyTigra 09-03-2008 08:51 AM

nylon nail brushes

I found that the surgeon's nail scrubbers from Lee Valley work SO wonderfully to take off the little fibers! It has become one of my most essential products to keep at hand because they keep stray lines off my cards, et al. 8) Hope that helps!
~Yvonne

Quote:

Originally Posted by IadoreWentworth (Post 11100455)

Cheers,
Hayley