Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-11-2005, 11:05 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bookmarks...any ideas?

Let's try this again.....

Ok, a friend called today and said "Hey Angie, I'm downtown at the craft store getting ready to buy some stuff for my daughters to make some Valentines for their classmates. Then it occured to me that you might have the stuff. Do you?" I told her what I had that was Valentine-y and she asked if she could come over. Well heck yeah!! So I said sure. She came over this afternoon and picked out her colors and said that she would like for the girls to make bookmarks. I sat down and tried to create some. I have never made any for myself. I came up with three. Then I hoped on SCS to see if I could find anything. When I searched the gallery for bookmarks nothing came up. So does anyone have any ideas. Here are the three that I have so far. I have the white ones that SU carries but she needs 50 and I only had 20. So they are going to make white for the boys and use red as the base of the bookmark for the girls. and the other color that she picked was positively pink. I keep wanting to throw in Lovely Lilac.

Well, they are coming over later this evening. So do you have any suggestions. Here are the ones I have so far. (one is crooked, but you get the idea.)
Attached Thumbnails
Bookmarks...any ideas?-valentines_bookmarks_940.jpg  

Mother of three wonderful children (Brayton-17 months, Brianna- 5 & Kyle-eight) and one grown man (my DH).
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 11:15 AM   #2  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I LOVE all three I think adding lovely lilac would add to them however.

You don't mention how old the girls are? Can you let them choose which ones to make?

I would suggest that the boys and girls be very similar - different colors are good, but if the kids are young they tend to want someone elses better than their own
Old 02-11-2005, 11:19 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

I think one girl is 9 and the other is 10. They are sisters and I believe they are in the same grade but not sure if the same class.
I really like the lovely lilac idea. And yes they can choose which they like or add something. I have a stack of stamps that has hearts and stuff. And I forgot to add that they are going to have ribbon on them too.

The other sets that I laid out the hearts from are

Mini Messages
Mini Mates
A Greeting for all Reasons
Smorgasborders (the little LOVE stamp)
Border Builders
Nice and Narrow
Delightful Doodles
Beyond the Basic
And of course the Loving Hearts

I also have
Loads of Love
Girlfriends
Pocket Fun

Mother of three wonderful children (Brayton-17 months, Brianna- 5 & Kyle-eight) and one grown man (my DH).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 11:40 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Hi,
I had to do bookmarks for a swap at work. I know this isn't a set that you have but maybe it will give you some inspiration.
Let me know if the link doesn't work.

HTH ~ Tashast

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 02:56 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

That is a nice bookmark. I don't think I've noticed that set before.

Thanks. The girls have come and gone. They decided to do the first one for the girls and the second for the boys. I gave them each a white full sheet of paper and had them randomly stamp. Is that considered quick time? I thought it was. They had a lot of fun and the mom appreciated it alot. She is a good friend of mine that has never stamped. I finally got her to scrapbook. She likes it but only when there is a group of people. She won't do it by herself. I have to agree with her on that one. Maybe now I can get her to come to one of my workshops.

Like I said earlier... i have never made bookmarks before so keep the ideas coming. Maybe I can make Easter presents for my friends at church.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2005, 03:08 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

I used mini messages for my sons valentines too. I made them kind of unisex by putting the flowers and hearts in red and the balloons and stars in blue. My son (hes 5) loved them. I used them for tag toppers on the small cello bags. I like all of your bookmarks. I think that is a cute idea and not involving candy is good too!!
Reply With Quote Likes