Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-09-2010, 06:22 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keep out of Heat! (help)

What of my SU stuff (other than the stamps themselves) should I NOT store in a sunroom, which will be my crafting area after we move next week??

I will have an indoor closet for some storage, but my main area is going to be in the sunroom. It has wood walls, but not much (if any) insulation, and it has windows all around. I live in So Cal, so the heat in the summer could definitely be a factor.
So, I'm just trying to figure out what all I need to fit into the indoor closet and I'm too tired to think. LOL

Thx!!

(ps... Not sure how much I'll be able to check this thread over the weekend as we are starting the move now, but I'll be back Monday for sure.)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 08:13 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi, hope your move is going well. I don't have an answer specific to SU products, but here in Abu Dhabi the summers sure get hot. Each of the rooms in our home have separate air conditioners, so when we are not using a room we turn that A/C off.

My craft room A/C is usually off, and while I haven't noticed any changes in my rubber stamps, several of my Inkadinkado brand clear stamps were damaged from the heat. I have clear stamps from several other companies which appear to be unaffected.

The only other problem is with my adhesives. I use the Ad-Tech brand dot and tape runners. They get gummed up in the summer, and projects I have completed with them started coming apart in the heat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #3  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Paper.
You don't want your paper to be where the light strikes it, because it will probably fade. If you have it enclosed, then it should be fine in the sunroom.

Nothing else that I can think of ... but then, dealing with heat isn't something I worry about. Once I figured out that ink pads can be frozen and still work after they thaw, my life's good!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 09:11 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: in a parallel universe, where i get to stamp all day!

I'd agree with basketballmom... definitely paper. I'd also try to keep inks and adhesives out of the sun
have fun in your new space
jaydee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 09:26 PM   #5  
Forum Fanatic

Received 71 Likes on 17 Posts

I would think that anything that has liquid should be kept out of direct sunlight to lessen the heat affect. I live near Sacramento and our summers can get pretty warm. In my original room set up I had a few things dry out faster - markers, glues, and mists.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 11:18 PM   #6  
Glitter Queen

Hi,
Here in sunny Sydney it is currently 30 degrees C, (80F). I find that paper will fade if left in direct sunlight, so I store mine in a covered box. I have no air con, and have had no problems with stamps or inks, which are again stored in covered boxes. The main problem is with humidity. Often my cards feel 'soggy'. I keep the little satchel of crystals you get in shoe boxes etc (silica gel) and put them in my box where I keep my finished cards.
Reply With Quote Likes