Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-05-2006, 03:19 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Default just received Inky Antics order

I'm so excited, but this is the first time I've ever had clear acrylic stamps. Should I treat them any differently than my SU stamps? The IA stamps say no "Solvent based" inks. What does that mean? Does that mean that I can't use my stazon on them? I bought the clear block set, but it doesn't fit the larger turtle stamps, where else can I get clear stamp blocks?
I'm so excited!

Just how many days until vacation?Who'da thunk 18 Kindergarteners would be this tiring!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-05-2006, 05:25 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Staz-On is a solvent based ink, so you shouldn't use it. It's unfortunate that somebody didn't notice that your turtle wouldn't fit on the blocks you chose, but I suppose there's no way for them to know you didn't already have a block that would work.

You can get blocks at Michaels in different sizes. Any craft, stamping or scrapbooking store that also sells clear stamps should carry the blocks, too.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:20 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

And, you can also use an empty cd case, with the inards removed so you can see through it. I've also used the smaller size case that my SU or TAC stamps come in. I've done that in a few really lazy moments I've grabed a vase and clear glass before too. Really, I'm not THAT lazy, but when someone is using my blocks, I don't have the patience to sit and wait for them to be done. I grab what's close by & stamp away. My sister thinks I'm nuts, but then I caught her doing it one time too!

These ideas will at least get you through until you get a block.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:20 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Jenn, one thing about clear stamps that's different is that they might loose there "cling" at some point, from dirt or oil from your fingers, so if they do wash them (don't soak them) with liquid hand or dish washing soap and then pat dry, the cling will come right back! Another consulant had the wonderful suggestion to wash them in a colander so they don't go down the drain
HTH

check out my blog at: www.PisforPaper.com