Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   JUST CURIOUS ABOUT SOMETHING.....THIS IS A G@@D ONE!!! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/just-curious-about-something-g%40%40d-one-41243/)

thegmommy 04-05-2005 02:38 PM

JUST CURIOUS ABOUT SOMETHING.....THIS IS A G@@D ONE!!!

OK...WAS JUST SITTIN' HERE AT MY DESK SUPPOSED TO BE WORKING AND GOT LOST IN A DAYDREAM...SO... DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY "MALE" STAMPIN' UP! DEMO'S---A REAL-LIFE DEMO WHO DOES HIS OWN WORKSHOPS? :shock:

stampincuzILuv2 04-05-2005 02:43 PM

yep I met one in ATL at Reg this year! He had his downline with him and his stamp swap was awesome!

CarolynG 04-05-2005 02:44 PM

male demo

We have a male demo in our group but I think he does it for hobby. but when we do swaps he has some amazing swaps.

look-inkgood 04-05-2005 02:45 PM

I asked the same question last year and heard of about 6-8 male demos that turn up regularly at conventions.

This is a female dominated hobby, it seems.

mmferg 04-05-2005 02:59 PM

Yep there is one in my uplines group. He is super talented!!! Last year when he went to convention he made 1200 swaps!!! Yep that is right 1200!!!

TexasStampin 04-05-2005 03:03 PM

I swapped with a male demo last year at convention and his swaps were awesome!
Sharon

Pendant23 04-05-2005 03:07 PM

Re: JUST CURIOUS ABOUT SOMETHING.....THIS IS A G@@D ONE!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegmommy
OK...WAS JUST SITTIN' HERE AT MY DESK SUPPOSED TO BE WORKING AND GOT LOST IN A DAYDREAM...SO... DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY "MALE" STAMPIN' UP! DEMO'S---A REAL-LIFE DEMO WHO DOES HIS OWN WORKSHOPS? :shock:

They show one on the First Impressions video.

thegmommy 04-05-2005 03:12 PM

hmmmm.....

DARN...NOW I HAVE TO SIT HERE AT WORK FOR ANOTHER 2 HOURS TILL I GET HOME AND POP THAT VIDEO IN TO CHECK THIS DEMO OUT?????

PROPS TO HIM WHO DOES 1200 SWAPS @ CONVENTION---WHOO-HOO!!!

katiestamper 04-05-2005 03:19 PM

There was ONE at the San Antonio regional. They had made the Men's room into Ladies and had to switch it back! I never did talk to him.

rreinhardt 04-05-2005 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katiestamper
They had made the Men's room into Ladies and had to switch it back!

That's hilarious! :lol: At least he didn't have to wait in line to use the potty, like I'm sure the women did!

Rebecca

scott'smom 04-05-2005 04:40 PM

There's one in my town. He had thought about giving up his demo-ship so he contacted me but then decided to stay. I've seen his work and it's good!

Mom2MalNJaden 04-05-2005 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katiestamper
There was ONE at the San Antonio regional. They had made the Men's room into Ladies and had to switch it back! I never did talk to him.

That happened at Convention too! Well, actually, lots of us were going to the men's room because we just couldn't hold it (8 months prego), and then there was an announcement made that there were male demos in attendance and to please not use their bathroom, LOL! Apparently someone was busted in on or busted in on the women, and was rather embarrassed. Heck, you gotta go you gotta go, right ladies?!?

dostamping 04-05-2005 05:09 PM

I have a guy in my group. He just signed up, so hasn't done any workshops yet. But he's very excited!

Rhodiangirl 04-05-2005 05:31 PM

My 2nd uplineis a man, who does it with his wife. He's realy, really talented. If anyone sees him at convention, say hi! He loves the attention. His name is Bill and he's from MN.

Tina

WeLove2Stamp 04-05-2005 05:45 PM

One of my customers is a guy. He's thinking of taking advantage of the April special and signing up as a demo. He makes some great stuff, especially considering he's only been stamping for about 2 months. When he hosted a party last month, all the people there crossed out the "ess" from "hostess" on their order forms. It was really funny.

Rhodiangirl 04-05-2005 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeLove2Stamp
When he hosted a party last month, all the people there crossed out the "ess" from "hostess" on their order forms. It was really funny.

That is absolutely HILARIOUS! What a fun group!

Tina

clarie.r.f 04-05-2005 06:21 PM

this is a good one

There is a really nice male SU demo on Beate's yahoo group. His name is Lance and does really beautiful artwork. Here is his website

http://lance.stampinup.net

helen3mom 04-05-2005 06:32 PM

I have...

I have a male customer, he is a great artist and scrapbooker.

He is also my partylite guy. :D

jenjam 04-05-2005 06:38 PM

I know that when I was at my first convention in 2001 there was a male demo there that was one of the Highest recruiting demos. I think his name is Kevin & his stuff rocked! He is very talented.

dot2dot 04-05-2005 06:40 PM

My first demo's hubby did all her samples as she did not care much for stamping. He did the demos for us and she did the bookwork and sales. They were an awesome team!! He went to conventions.

Also this man was a fabulous professional chef. loved to shop, made their drapes and refinished all their furniture. He also did all the flowers in their yard. He was just one of the girls, LOL! Very nice couple. They quit because he developed carpal tunnel and could no longer stamp and she did not want to do the stamping part.

PrideStampers 04-05-2005 07:00 PM

I just swapped with Stampin-matt in the Retro Card Swap. His card was awesome! oh I mean...GROOVY

jenjam 04-05-2005 07:05 PM

Re: this is a good one

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarie.r.f
There is a really nice male SU demo on Beate's yahoo group. His name is Lance and does really beautiful artwork. Here is his website

http://lance.stampinup.net

I just checked out his stuff. We need him on here!!! :)

row4d 04-05-2005 07:07 PM

I like Lance's style! I'm not really the elaborate, frilly, frou-frou type when it comes to cards.