Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   June 1st 2017 Stampin Up! ?? What did you buy??? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/june-1st-2017-stampin-up-what-did-you-buy-618297/)

jeanstamping2 06-01-2017 03:48 PM

June 1st 2017 Stampin Up! ?? What did you buy???

Today was the first time you could order from the NEW CATALOG.

What did you get???

For me I'm starting small. So I purchased a Bundle, Paper and Ribbon.

Big Shot Framelits Wood Crate & Stamp Set Clear Wood Words Bundle.

Paper Designer Series Delightful Daisy I just LOVE the freshness of this paper.

Ribbon Stitched Satin 3/8" Garden Green I know it wasn't a lot. But!

I just got through paying for our Real Estate Taxes. BIG Chunk out of my Check book.:(:(

I'd love to hear what everyone is getting.

crazysuziestamper 06-01-2017 04:16 PM

Ordered 3 bundles: At Home, Colorful Seasons,& Climbing Orchid. Opted for Tranquil Tulips & Glimmer Dots for hostess rewards.

Soozie4Him 06-01-2017 05:35 PM

I've been an SU demo for 13 years. I bought a lot and I split it into two orders. My goal is to get them all inky before the Holiday Catalog comes out!! :-)

SkyNacho 06-01-2017 07:05 PM

I ordered the soft sayings card kit to have to take on my upcoming vacation, plus a pack of the new in color cardstock and the lime ombre ribbon to kind of go with it.

Rorysnonna 06-02-2017 12:43 AM

I ordered a lot of fun things and some basics too. I can't wait to get my hands on the layered leaves folder and the pinewood planks folder. I broke my no more punches rule and got the pretty label punch and the circle tab punch. I ordered the new mini dimensionals, the wood textured DSP, and a bunch of other things. I only bought 1 pack of the new in colors to check them out. No stamp sets for me as I am more a digi stamper. I am excited to get my box of goodies. I spent enough so that the circle tab punch as free. Happy crafting everyone!!
ps: I did not get the crate framelet because I made a digital cut file for one. I like mine because you can resize it as needed. for any of you digital cutter peeps the file is available for free on my blog.

Allistamps123 06-02-2017 01:19 AM

I don't have a catty yet so I had to go back and look through online again.

I'll be ordering over the year at various stamp camps I go to. I have three different demo"s events I attend!

New things first-

textured layered leaves folder-looks beautiful!

Starburst punch

Lemon Lime Twist paper and ink

That beautiful foiled dsp-Kraft paper with in-color foil!!!

Bike Ride Bundle-so cute!

Glimmer dots

Probably the coffee theme dsp

There is such a beautiful assortment of ribbon this year but I have two cases full of SU ribbon! If I didn't have so much ribbon I'd be buying quite a lot!

I may finally get the layering framelits with the plain and textured edges. I love how close they are matted!

I'll finally be getting peek-a-boo Peach ink and paper

gregzgurl 06-02-2017 05:26 AM

Went through the entire catalog and only kind of, sort of want two things: One Wild Ride and Moon Baby. There are some great things, but they are either not my style or too similar to what I already have...

canada goose 06-02-2017 07:16 AM

Looked like a lot of things carried over in stamps from past catty. As usual too much birthday stuff again. Not excited about any of the stamps, but will wait to see if I can be inspired by others.

Meanwhile lots of exciting things in offerings from othe companies. I like to spread the love around when buying my supplies. Lol

Lorri.V. 06-02-2017 08:12 AM

I only have online right now and since i am so busy working on cards for my markets I don't have the extra time. But that being said, I think I need most of the design paper. Does anyone else miss the older styles of paper, they made great backgrounds for cards. One or two of the embossing folders and these was a daisy style punch I might need for those nicer cards I still make. But, most of the stamps were not something I would use and I have so many word stamps I don't need much now.

Lorri

Kate Stamps 06-02-2017 07:13 PM

I went to a stamp show in Puyallup, WA today....and I also just paid my taxes...so I'm kind of broke. I'm going to an SU group on Wed. night. Whatever I get it won't be much this month.

Denise.Ditmer 06-02-2017 07:43 PM

What's a digi-stamper?

I have my order set to hit the day after Disneyland for his second birthday
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rorysnonna (Post 21477652)
I ordered a lot of fun things and some basics too. I can't wait to get my hands on the layered leaves folder and the pinewood planks folder. I broke my no more punches rule and got the pretty label punch and the circle tab punch. I ordered the new mini dimensionals, the wood textured DSP, and a bunch of other things. I only bought 1 pack of the new in colors to check them out. No stamp sets for me as I am more a digi stamper. I am excited to get my box of goodies. I spent enough so that the circle tab punch as free. Happy crafting everyone!!
ps: I did not get the crate framelet because I made a digital cut file for one. I like mine because you can resize it as needed. for any of you digital cutter peeps the file is available for free on my blog.

SkyNacho 06-02-2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denise.Ditmer (Post 21478120)
I have my order set to hit the day after Disneyland for his second birthday

In re: your "what's a digi-stamper" question: it just means she uses digital stamps instead of physical stamps, and digital stamps are basically just clip art. (They're a lot nicer than the clip art of old, but most people still understand "clip art.") It's just a digital file that has the image or sentiment you want to work with. One nice thing is that you can make them larger or smaller as you need them.

Power Poppy has some lovely digital stamps. You can find them here. (Click the word "here" that is bolded.)

grateful2bsaved 06-03-2017 12:38 AM

Some of my favorites that I just HAD to have right away were the So Many Shells, Little Piggy and Magical Mermaid sets. I was pretty excited about the mini dimensionals, too. Also got the Tree Rings and Marbled background stamps and Pinewood Planks embossing folder.

Annecards 06-03-2017 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grateful2bsaved (Post 21478149)
Some of my favorites that I just HAD to have right away were the So Many Shells, Little Piggy and Magical Mermaid sets. I was pretty excited about the mini dimensionals, too. Also got the Tree Rings and Marbled background stamps and Pinewood Planks embossing folder.

OMG I just have to have the Little Piggy stamp, as if I really need another Pig stamp!!! I don't why I'm attracted to pigs??? I know my family is probably wondering what's wrong with me, but they're too nice to ever say it:D. Anyone out there who has an opinion on my pig addiction jump in! Love it!

Mrs Noofy 06-03-2017 06:36 AM

Haven't found one thing that really excites me. After being a stamper since 1998 I pretty much have enough Happy Birthday's and Thank you's to last me for a while!! Not to mention punches and dies. LOL

Allistamps123 06-03-2017 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurl (Post 21477741)
Went through the entire catalog and only kind of, sort of want two things: One Wild Ride and Moon Baby. There are some great things, but they are either not my style or too similar to what I already have...

I thought the same thing. There's plenty of things I like but I have something close enough. I like to get embellishments, paper, punches. That's fun too.

I really don't want to buy more stamp sets!

SkyNacho 06-03-2017 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annecards (Post 21478160)
OMG I just have to have the Little Piggy stamp, as if I really need another Pig stamp!!! I don't why I'm attracted to pigs??? I know my family is probably wondering what's wrong with me, but they're too nice to ever say it:D. Anyone out there who has an opinion on my pig addiction jump in! Love it!

My only opinion is "have you seen MFT's Hog Heaven? Because those are adorable!"

grateful2bsaved 06-03-2017 07:10 PM

Emily, those ARE adorable! Great, something else to add to my wish list. lol

Sleepymom33 06-03-2017 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNacho (Post 21478508)
My only opinion is "have you seen MFT's Hog Heaven? Because those are adorable!"

Pig lover here... yes, the MFT set is adorable.

jeanstamping2 06-08-2017 02:28 PM

I will admit, that since I started stamping. My taste have changed over the years.

Now I'm really looking at the stamps that I buy. on how can I use them. how many ways. One thing I can say "There are a Lot more stamps and things for MEN!!"

I just wish they would come out with another type of Fireman Stamp set and a stamp set for the Police Department.

Rorysnonna 06-09-2017 01:37 AM

Hi All,
I got my order and I was so excited about the boxwood wreaths. Well I don't like them at all. they are a plastic garland wound into a circle. Some of the leaves are bent up and I think they look cheesy. I think the catalog should have said they were plastic and not paper. Oh well, I know I will find a use for them but wanted to let all know. I guess I will go back to making my mini wreaths with my paper leaves. So much prettier.

hilsmom 06-12-2017 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rorysnonna (Post 21481097)
Hi All,
I got my order and I was so excited about the boxwood wreaths. Well I don't like them at all. they are a plastic garland wound into a circle. Some of the leaves are bent up and I think they look cheesy. I think the catalog should have said they were plastic and not paper. Oh well, I know I will find a use for them but wanted to let all know. I guess I will go back to making my mini wreaths with my paper leaves. So much prettier.

I am so glad you posted this, because they were on my list!

I ended up with the Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist ink pads, Wood Words stamp set, Colorful Seasons stamp set, and the Delightful Daisy DSP.

I only have a few more items on my wish list right now, not nearly as many in this catalog or the last one as the ones before.

Scrapychick 06-13-2017 08:58 AM

Quote:

These are sooooooooo #1 on my wish list right now - the pig can peek over things and then you can put his cute piggy backside on the inside of the card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beaddict 06-13-2017 09:43 AM

Quote:

I love the sentiments!