Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-19-2007, 04:53 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12,000 post but no cards

Just curious....I usually don't venture past this thread or the daily uploads...but went to another post today and there is someone that always has an answer to everything,be it wrong or not.....but does not have a gallery or any post on a card...is that strange..or is it just me???? I thought this was a site for card makers????
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 05:05 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have a means of loading a card but I am a Fan Club member myself. Hubby doesn't think we need a scanner or digital camera. There have been many times I wish I could post a card and have a gallery. Just a thought for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 05:08 PM   #3  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by parrotheadView Post
Just curious....I usually don't venture past this thread or the daily uploads...but went to another post today and there is someone that always has an answer to everything,be it wrong or not.....but does not have a gallery or any post on a card...is that strange..or is it just me???? I thought this was a site for card makers????
I think some people are bashful, techno challenged, or just don't feel they want to share. It is curious tho.
My Facebook Page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 05:17 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I am one of the people you are talking about.....some posts, but no cards to look at...I guess I like to make my cards and send them out, but am a little overwhelmed by the thought of scanning and uploading...with dial-up that is always a time issue also. But I appreciate being part of the forums and being able to learn from the other people who are here! Thanks for letting me do so!
Anita
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 05:33 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

I think that people participate in this site as it suits their needs. Maybe I'm reading something into your post, but IMO I don't think it's odd or weird or anything else if someone doesn't have a gallery nor does it mean that they don't want to share - they just do it through a non-card medium.

This is a community. Some of the community chooses to participate by posting amazing gallery contributions. Some in the community participate by chatting, talking about current events, or giving advice on products or in the demo forums to new and current demos about business ideas. SCS serves as a sounding board, place to vent and a place to ask for advice or a friendly shoulder to lean upon. People without a gallery who have 12,000 posts to their name have still contributed in a meaningful way to this community, IMO.

I was at a stamp and scrap rummage sale in Fond du Lac, WI this weekend and had a blast!! I talked to a couple of people who mentioned SCS and asked them if they posted, their member name, etc. because I was so excited to find fellow SCSers. The two I talked to look only at the gallery and don't participate in the discussions. I didn't judge or get upset with them either - their usage of the site doesn't match mine but that's okay. If there was a gallery requirement, that would be up to the site owner to request/enforce, but there isn't.

I don't think not having a gallery indicates that a member is not participating appropriately in this forum and that won't be the case unless Daven and Tracy make it a requirement.

JMO,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 06:03 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladyofgrammarView Post
I am one of the people you are talking about.....some posts, but no cards to look at...I guess I like to make my cards and send them out, but am a little overwhelmed by the thought of scanning and uploading...with dial-up that is always a time issue also. But I appreciate being part of the forums and being able to learn from the other people who are here! Thanks for letting me do so!
Anita
No...you aren't the person I'm talking about!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 06:05 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingkellyView Post
I think that people participate in this site as it suits their needs. Maybe I'm reading something into your post, but IMO I don't think it's odd or weird or anything else if someone doesn't have a gallery nor does it mean that they don't want to share - they just do it through a non-card medium.

This is a community. Some of the community chooses to participate by posting amazing gallery contributions. Some in the community participate by chatting, talking about current events, or giving advice on products or in the demo forums to new and current demos about business ideas. SCS serves as a sounding board, place to vent and a place to ask for advice or a friendly shoulder to lean upon. People without a gallery who have 12,000 posts to their name have still contributed in a meaningful way to this community, IMO.

I was at a stamp and scrap rummage sale in Fond du Lac, WI this weekend and had a blast!! I talked to a couple of people who mentioned SCS and asked them if they posted, their member name, etc. because I was so excited to find fellow SCSers. The two I talked to look only at the gallery and don't participate in the discussions. I didn't judge or get upset with them either - their usage of the site doesn't match mine but that's okay. If there was a gallery requirement, that would be up to the site owner to request/enforce, but there isn't.

I don't think not having a gallery indicates that a member is not participating appropriately in this forum and that won't be the case unless Daven and Tracy make it a requirement.

JMO,
Not talking about you either!!!! Sorry I brought it up...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 06:07 PM   #8  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Not talking about you either!!!! Sorry I brought it up...
I didn't think you were talking about me, after all I don't have 12,000 posts. LOL.

I was honestly expressing why some members may not have galleries because it seemed that there was an implication that it was wrong not to.

Cheers,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 06:10 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

I would love to have a gallery if I weren't so scared of people claiming I ripped off their cards. It seems like there is always a thread about giving credit and sometimes it really is a case of 2 people having the same idea. I can't handle the stress.

-Alta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 06:14 PM   #10  
neglecting the kids and housework

Quote:

This is a public forum. There will be all types of people. Some you like and some you don't. Of course it's all in how YOU read the posts. Like yours here. Seems people can't have opinions unless they are showing proof of their stamping skill. I'm sure that's not what you meant.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 06:16 PM   #11  
Diversified Multicultural Postmodern Deconstructionist Philogian

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

If you're so curious, why didn't you send me a private message instead of posting the question on the forum?

An answer for everything? Hardly since it would be physically impossible to read all threads, but even setting that aside, there are still plenty of questions I cannot and don't attempt to answer because I don't have a clue. I answer questions where I have personal experience, personal knowledge or personal opinion. If the answers are not to your liking, then I suggest you don't read my posts.

As for why I don't have a gallery--it's none of your business. I will say, however, many of the ladies on the forum have received cards from me--yeah--I even stamped them.

Rainsong
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 06:18 PM   #12  

Quote:

If you're so curious, why didn't you send me a private message instead of posting the question on the forum?

An answer for everything? Hardly since it would be physically impossible to read all threads, but even setting that aside, there are still plenty of questions I cannot and don't attempt to answer because I don't have a clue. I answer questions where I have personal experience, personal knowledge or personal opinion. If the answers are not to your liking, then I suggest you don't read my posts.

As for why I don't have a gallery--it's none of your business. I will say, however, many of the ladies on the forum have received cards from me--yep--I even stamped/punched/embossed and embellished them.

Rainsong
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 06:30 PM   #13  
Mad Swapper

Hey I think 12,000 posts is impressive
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 06:43 PM   #14  
Sassy Shani

I am a PROUD owner of a Rainsong original! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainsongView Post

As for why I don't have a gallery--it's none of your business. I will say, however, many of the ladies on the forum have received cards from me--yeah--I even stamped them.

Rainsong
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 06:47 PM   #15  

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShanonView Post
LOL! And boy was it original!

Rainsong
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 06:49 PM   #16  
Sassy Shani

You are a goofball! I loved it and you know it! :mrgreen:
Quote:

Originally Posted by RainsongView Post
LOL! And boy was it original!

Rainsong
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 06:54 PM   #17  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Just Me

<-------only has a swap card. no RS original. Is now SUPER jealous of Shanon!!!!!!!!
UK ~ US ~ Spectrum Noir
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 06:55 PM   #18  
Sassy Shani

How much $$$$ ya got? ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by stagccvaView Post
<-------only has a swap card. no RS original. Is now SUPER jealous of Shanon!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 06:57 PM   #19  
Sassy Shani

Oh...sorry for the hijack. Back to the OP. Um, yeah....i have a blabber mouth obviously. I have a VERY small gallery. I just choose to not upload. It takes time and I have my own personal gallery on my computer. I am a paid member here and I love to look at the DD gallery on the 15th of each month as well as other peeps gallerys.
I guess I am just a lazy uploader but a big chatter mouth. :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 06:57 PM   #20  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Just Me

I've heard details about this card. I'd pay lots to see it!!!
UK ~ US ~ Spectrum Noir
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 07:05 PM   #21  

Next thing ya know, that sucker will be on Ebay.

Rainsong
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 07:05 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to nadine529

Nope, not weird. Kind of a weird thread though.

C'est moi, c'est tout.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 07:10 PM   #23  

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadine529View Post
Nope, not weird. Kind of a weird thread though.
I strongly disagree! Seems pretty typical to me :mrgreen:

Rainsong
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 07:16 PM   #24  
Stampin' Fool

I love to look at all the beautiful cards here, and sometimes participate in the discussions. I have never uploaded a card I made. I don't know how. Also, I haven't come up with anything so beautiful or so original that it would wow anyone. My stamping is improving since I've gained so much knowledge here about stamping, and many other things. I guess I'm one of the wierd ones, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 07:18 PM   #25  

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryEileenView Post
I love to look at all the beautiful cards here, and sometimes participate in the discussions. I have never uploaded a card I made. I don't know how. Also, I haven't come up with anything so beautiful or so original that it would wow anyone. My stamping is improving since I've gained so much knowledge here about stamping, and many other things. I guess I'm one of the wierd ones, too.
They're rather intimidating, aren't they? Every time I receive one of these pieces of art I cringe over my own work. Of course, it would help if I were younger and had better eyesight.

Rainsong
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 07:47 PM   #26  
Mad Swapper

Oh dear.....I am a surfer, snagger, learner, chatter AND a non-uploader!!
I LOVE SCS!!! I am passionate about SCS!!! I LOVE all the contributors!!!
I'm on at least once a day........I have learned more on this site than any other. I have some good opinions (:O( - some really bad ones too). I really like a good discussion.
This site has been a Godsend for me the past 7 months - my Mom is in and out of hospital (strokes). I haven't had time to stamp/craft. But I do have time to admire the awesome talent on this site. And to read other's comments. The humour, friendship, ideas etc here are fun and enlightening....
Whoooo, I'd best slow down.
Thank you for letting me have my say.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 07:48 PM   #27  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I genuinely don't believe the OP meant anything by her question--merely that she was curious, and could have been about any number of folks who happen to have high post counts, but no gallery.

Mary Eileen, I hope one day (soon) you will feel comfortable sharing your creations here, and if you need help, there are tons of us who will jump right in to assist you! Don't hesitate to ask!

I've learned a lot since I first found SCS--at least, I want to believe my stamping skills have grown and improved since then. When I look at my earliest uploads, it feels like I have! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 07:51 PM   #28  
Sassy Shani

Hugs Missy! SCS has been a lifeline for me at times. HONESTLY! I cannot even begin to describe the friendships I have gained from this place. You just jump right in and find your comfort zone girl.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 07:54 PM   #29  
Sassy Shani

You are NOT weird. To each their own. If you want to upload...it is your choice. That is what is so wonderful about this place. I agree with you..my stamping has greatly improved since being a member here. I bet your work is gorgeous and I for sure would be "wowed" :mrgreen: Hang in and enjoy this wonderful place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryEileenView Post
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 07:59 PM   #30  
Mad Swapper

Hugs for you Shanon. Thank you.
I agree HRR - I realize Parrothead is curious (and I've seen her work!!! It's gorgeous Parrothead-you are an artist). But, I guess I was abit slighted or maybe even abit embarrassed that I am lazy not having a gallery....nah....I take that back. One day I shall have a wee gallery. All I have to do is learn how to operate this darn machine.......hmmmmmmm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 08:04 PM   #31  
Polyshrink Goddess

I havent even figured out to have an avatar-I think thats what its called. I consider it a grand feat that I have taught myself how to even navigate this website considering my pathetic computer skills. I have no gallery, although my home stamping area boasts a wall full of stamped cards that I've received, or created myself and those I've given my kids and hubby that I swipe back from them and hang on my wall- not sure if thats legal. I love this site. As time goes on the quality of artwork just zooms so out of my zone. I am so grateful to the people that do share in their galleries. I am also grateful for the sage advice others have to offer us in the nonstamping forums. And I have gained much spiritually from reading what others share in the need a lift forum. Now that is a very humbling place to visit in so many ways.
You just never know how a few words from a stranger might change your thinking about life. That is what makes this such an awesome experience to come here and read the things all these wonderful people have to share. Whether or not they have a gallery of cards seems so irrelevant when you are sharing life experiences and beliefs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 03:52 AM   #32  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm on this site almost every day and the only thing I have stamped in the last 3 months are my wedding invitations and thank you notes. I don't have a gallery or avatar, haven't learned to upload, but I love sharing the creativity of this site. It's a little oasis for my day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 04:50 AM   #33  
Compulsive Stamper

I stamp and reply when i see something worth my time. I upload a picture If I think the card is ok and not going to be picked to pieces. Not all my cards are up to speed with everyone elses and I do have a different way of doing cards. But I love reading other peoples posts here and seeing there cards and layouts. WOW, are they ever so talented!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 04:54 AM   #34  
Stampin' Fool

That's exactly what I mean about this great site. You understand my lack of confidence, and give encouraging remarks. I will try to take the plunge soon, and begin a gallery. I've learned so much, including how to spell weird.
I was a secretary for years, and was proud of my spelling ability. Now, I find myself making such silly errors. I just put the dictionary here next to me.
It's good that the put the edit button back on the forums. Eileen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 04:56 AM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudreysfanView Post
I would love to have a gallery if I weren't so scared of people claiming I ripped off their cards. It seems like there is always a thread about giving credit and sometimes it really is a case of 2 people having the same idea. I can't handle the stress.

-Alta
this is the exact reason I stopped posting pics to my gallery. All the samples in my gallery are old old old.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 06:05 AM   #36  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudreysfanView Post

-Alta

I felt the same way for a while too. I do have a gallery, some that I posted a while back before everyone complained about being cased then more later when I decided to try to remember who inspired me and if I don't, I just apologize and let them deal with it. I love everyone's card here. Some aren't my taste but that doesn't mean that I don't learn something from them. I may like an embellishemnt they use or the colors or something else even if the overall card isn't my taste. I also don't always remember because I may see somehting today and not case if for a year but then have no idea where I got the idea. KWIM?

Jodi, trying to handle the stress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 06:12 AM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShanonView Post

Yup, me too. :mrgreen:

And I knew exactly who the OP was talking about as soon as I read the post.

I think others have said it better than I could, so I'll just say ditto those that came before me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 06:15 AM   #38  
Stampin' Fool

I have to admit to wondering about Rainsong's lack of gallery. Mainly, just because I see her name here so often and it is the weirdest thing. I disagree with so much that she says, yet every now and then she says something that is absolutely right...er...I mean something that I agree with. LOL So my curiosity got the best of me and thought I would check to see if we have the same stamping tastes or what and I was bummed when I found out there is no gallery!

I just assumed that Rainsong and I had similar interests, even if we didn't agree, because she seems to be in all the forums that I frequent., so thought that we may have similar stamping styles. Or is it that we both frequent all the forums? <scratching my head> (sorry, I don't know where to get all those cute smilies everyone has)

So can we start a petition to see some of Rainsongs work for those of us that are dying to know? Please???

Jodi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 06:34 AM   #39  

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoutpupView Post
I have to admit to wondering about Rainsong's lack of gallery. Mainly, just because I see her name here so often and it is the weirdest thing. I disagree with so much that she says, yet every now and then she says something that is absolutely right...er...I mean something that I agree with. LOL So my curiosity got the best of me and thought I would check to see if we have the same stamping tastes or what and I was bummed when I found out there is no gallery!

I just assumed that Rainsong and I had similar interests, even if we didn't agree, because she seems to be in all the forums that I frequent., so thought that we may have similar stamping styles. Or is it that we both frequent all the forums? <scratching my head> (sorry, I don't know where to get all those cute smilies everyone has)

So can we start a petition to see some of Rainsongs work for those of us that are dying to know? Please???

Jodi
My cards have a tendency to match my sense of humor--warped.

If you would like a Rainsong Original, send me your addy via PM and I'll see what I can do.

Rainsong--drat, still owe Roxy cards and Granny (slaps self upside head!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 06:36 AM   #40  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 604 Likes on 247 Posts

Count me in the no-gallery club. I don't know how to upload or anything remotely technical. No avatar. Nada. I need a tutor to sit next to me and walk me through it (or do it for me in case I am hopeless!). Love to post and look, though!
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes