Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   JOANN ~ new wood stamps??? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/joann-%7E-new-wood-stamps-223594/)

MilwaukeeMommy 02-11-2007 09:15 AM

JOANN ~ new wood stamps???

I just got a flyer for the Presidents Sale at Joann, & they're having 40% off open stock stamps. Which is FUNNY to me, because I was just in there on Friday & they still haven't restocked their stamps since they clearanced everything out. There are *no* stamps on the shelves!! Stamp pads are on sale also, but my store also had a bunch of those on clearance, & there's maybe 3 sitting on the shelf, that nobody wants. Nice that they're having a sale, I just wish they had stuff I could buy!!

Has anyone else noticed if their Joann has restocked stamps & stamp pads??

JasaVA 02-11-2007 09:26 AM

Joann

my local store (about 30 min away) is pretty much bare when it comes to scrapbooking/stamping supplies. I always order my stuff online - joann.com - and now they have the free shipping club, again! :) woohoo.
Online has up to 40% off scrapbooking supplies!
good luck!
~JasaVA

housefan 02-11-2007 09:38 AM

They have replaced almost all the wood stamps with clear stamps at ours!! Also selling nice sets of acrylic blocks now too! Wave of the future and I am happy about it!

momsnack 02-11-2007 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
They have replaced almost all the wood stamps with clear stamps at ours!! Also selling nice sets of acrylic blocks now too! Wave of the future and I am happy about it!

Do you have a J's SuperStore?? We just have the regular one & being in a small town they never seem to have the merchandise they advertising - no clear ones at all! The nearest SuperStore is 2 hours drive away, so I don't get there often unless I'm going over to visit family.
Nancy

StampGroover 02-11-2007 09:53 AM

Our Joanns here in Florida has bare shelves too.....Looks like they are phasing out all stamps to me but I hope not....I noticed alot of the Craft magazine dont have a whole lot of stamped images either....and I love to color them I hope they arent doing away with them....:(

adifrog 02-11-2007 10:33 AM

I went to the one in Shreveport, LA yesterday. The regular stamp shelves are still very empty, but I finally saw the clear stamps!!! They're $1 a piece (even the mounting block!), and I am in love. Also, on the back of an aisle, they were clearancing paper stacks! I picked up some for under 5 bucks, and some big ones with stickers and stuff in addition to patterned paper and cardstock for under $8! (And this is an old, tiny JoAnn, too!)

housefan 02-11-2007 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momsnack
Do you have a J's SuperStore?? We just have the regular one & being in a small town they never seem to have the merchandise they advertising - no clear ones at all! The nearest SuperStore is 2 hours drive away, so I don't get there often unless I'm going over to visit family.
Nancy

No we have a very small J's. Most of our clear stamps that they have are in sets for $10-$15.

MilwaukeeMommy 02-11-2007 10:58 AM

Our Joann is pretty big, but I'm not sure it's a superstore --would it say that on the sign? We also had a Target remodeled recently -bigger, more food, but nowhere does it say "SuperTarget". Hmmm.....

Anyway, what's also odd about our Joann --they don't carry artist supplies, like paper pads (I'd been looking for WC paper), pencils, that sort of thing. I went to another Joann about 1/2 hour away one day ---about the same size --& they had 2 aisles of Prismas, markers, papers, etc. I guess they're all different.

Our Joann has clear stamp sets, nothing for a dollar though :(

twyant 02-11-2007 12:00 PM

I was at ours last night. They took half of the shelves down that the stamps were on and hung clear stamp sets. We have the dollar stamps too but they are out of the acrylic blocks. It seems like they are reorganizing the whole store. It seems like lots of stuff is missing. They finally hung the cuttlebug stuff up though, so I don't have to ask to see the "secret box" Behind the counter.

cindy501 02-11-2007 02:44 PM

I am dissappointed at our Joann's also. We have two within 20 minutes of me and neither one of them offer a whole lot for rubber stampers. Rubber stamps have not been replennished and neither have the ink products. I even walked into one last week because I wanted to use my 40% off coupon on a crop-a-dile and they didn't even know what I was talking about when I couldn't find it and had to ask. Very disappointing. :(
Quote:

Originally Posted by StampGroover
Our Joanns here in Florida has bare shelves too.....Looks like they are phasing out all stamps to me but I hope not....I noticed alot of the Craft magazine dont have a whole lot of stamped images either....and I love to color them I hope they arent doing away with them....:(

PMR 02-11-2007 03:01 PM

I was at Joann's on Friday. I bought some clearance stamps, and noticed the shelves were full of new stamps. I did not look that closely. This Joann's is definetely the best one in the area. Maybe the new stamps haven't arrived yet.

jtax 02-11-2007 03:51 PM

"my" Joann's is pitiful - rarely has good stuff... Have to travel 15 miles to get to a better, still not great, but better one.

GoMarquette 02-11-2007 03:55 PM

Did you go to the one by Southridge?

I was there last night and it was awful. The stamps, stamp pads, tools and all the scrapping stuff was EMPTY everywhere. Almost couldn't find anything to spend my 50% off coupon on but then I found the $24.99 chipboard pack. I also bought an OTT light that was 50% off on sale. But if that's the Joann that you went to, they never seem to have anything in stock...so frustrating. Only one lonely $1 stamp left, too...
Kristen

momsnack 02-11-2007 04:06 PM

Well, we can all keep our fingers crossed and hope they get their act together! I'm trying to remember if the SuperStores are identified that way on their signs - I'll check when I go to Portland in a couple weeks - hope they have some good coupons before then - I could use some more Cuttlebug "toys"

kingmontmom 02-11-2007 04:15 PM

My Joann's is the same as above-a bunch of the wood stamps on "clearance", however if you do a little quick math, on most the clearance price is not even 40% off which is what they usually go on sale for. Just goes to show some people just see "clearance" and go crazy thinking they're getting a great deal!

momis mama 02-11-2007 04:15 PM

you guys are bumbin' me out!
all i have is a jpann's and hobby lobby anyway!

MilwaukeeMommy 02-11-2007 05:21 PM

Hi Kristen!! Nice to chat with another local, lol!!! No, I went to the one in Brookfield on Bluemound. But I *was* at the one by Southridge a few weeks ago & it was quite empty then as well. I could have sworn a couple of months ago ---when they first put all their stamps & pads on clearance ---that someone here had asked a clerk at their store about it & the clerk said they were getting all new stuff in. Are the few clear sets they have "all the new stuff"???

I agree, I can't find anything to use my coupon on!!! Their CB dies are more expensive than Michael's ---that's how cheap I am, I refuse to buy them at Joann, even with a coupon!!! LOL!!

parknslide 02-11-2007 08:45 PM

JoAnn's in Madison & Janesville Wis are also really bare in the stamp dept. Couldn't find anything to use my coupons on. It's been that way since Christmas. Very dismal.

denarod 02-11-2007 08:56 PM

We have a Superstore here in good ole' Visalia, Ca. but we also have a distributing center in our Industrial area, so I'm sure that is the only reason we have one. I noticed today when I went, that they had taken half of the wood stamps and put clear. I like wood, I'm just afraid the clear will slip or something will happen. I was also looking for Bazzil (not sure of the spelling) at J's, but they didn't have any. I couldn've sworn when the Superstore opened they had that paper. I hope they bring it back, it is nice texture.

shirolives 02-12-2007 01:40 AM

The JoAnn's down the street is more than dismal. Every time I go, I leave swearing I won't go back. Bare shelves, what's on sale?=nothing I take to the counter, indifferent service clerks and if it's advertised, more than likely they don't have it and aren't getting it.

Rhonna F. clear stamps I bought 2 weeks ago for a buck were great!

I doubt 'they' will get their stuff together. I will take my money somewhere else.

Mahloumel 02-12-2007 05:03 AM

What company are the new clear stamp sets at Jo-Ann? Are they All Night Media, Autumn Leaves, or . . . ?

Babsnelson 02-12-2007 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahloumel
What company are the new clear stamp sets at Jo-Ann? Are they All Night Media, Autumn Leaves, or . . . ?

I saw a few over the weekend at my Joann's and I think they were by Fiskars?!? I didn't know that Fiskars made stamps - but they were all clear ones. Maybe they are trying to get in on the market. However, there were tons of bare spots on the shelves stilll so maybe they will be adding more manufactures.

JulieHRR 02-12-2007 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtax
"my" Joann's is pitiful - rarely has good stuff... Have to travel 15 miles to get to a better, still not great, but better one.

Ditto, but mine's an HOUR away . . . :shock: I guess I shouldn't call it "my" J's, eh? snort!

serialpurrs 02-12-2007 07:02 AM

With the J local to me it is very hit and miss whether or not I can get anything. They claim to be the smallest store in the chain (I think my house is bigger than the store) and have less than half an isle of stuff and only rarely do they have any of the scrapping/stamping stuff on sale.

At least I don't have a problem when they have good fabric sales :P

trouverletemps 02-12-2007 11:20 AM

I was in the local one in Frisco, TX (north of Dallas) and saw that their shelves were almost bare. I asked if they were phasing out stamps, and they said no, that they have a bunch of new ones, but can't put them out until the old are clearanced out...So it is anyone's guess when they will actually put the new ones on the shelf. Guess we will have to keep checking in regularly...

mnhyrkas 02-12-2007 11:30 AM

I was in a J's etc store last week and as mentioned, they were clearance-ing out lots of wood mounted rubber stamps. I got some background stamps for $3 apiece. I asked about it and they said that lots of shipment is arriving, but they hadnt looked in the boxes yet. Maybe I'll have to stop by this week and see what's new

kyrasmommy 02-12-2007 11:50 AM

I was in the J's by me today (Columbia, MD) and they still have lots of wood stamps left, at 40% off. They did have a few large sets of Friskars clear stamps (which I thought was strange). They were $12.99 and had LOTS of stamps in them. I didn't see blocks, but I wasn't looking for them. I was there to by glue so I can start un-mounting the SU wood! :)

momsnack 02-12-2007 01:30 PM

Fiskar Stamps

Haven't seen any Fiskar stamps locally - just went to their site & they showed about 20 sets of clears, appear to be rather large sets - didn't show prices.

Clownmom 02-13-2007 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twyant
I was at ours last night. They took half of the shelves down that the stamps were on and hung clear stamp sets.

That's exactly what it looked like at my Joann also. They used to carry a bigger line of stamps than Michaels did, but not at the moment.

mg 02-13-2007 05:41 PM

coming

The one here is a mess and I asked and they assurred me that they will be totally restocking the stamping area. Hope that is true. Not worth going there now.

Donna Cook 02-13-2007 05:49 PM

the wood block stamps are almost gone here at the St. Louis J, I did notice new acrylics in packs hanging...not alot yet...kinda bare...I like the Joann's, it is unfortunately very close, I could walk...if I had to....they are very nice, too.

Busyb 02-14-2007 09:29 AM

I was in my Joannes last night and the very nice clerk told me that there had been some very major management changes made at the "top". New sale flyers and etc. They also had half the wooden stamp display removed and clear ones up. Will see if the change is for the better.