Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Jane Davenport! I want it all (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/jane-davenport-i-want-all-615464/)

sditz1 01-13-2017 08:32 AM

Jane Davenport! I want it all

Anyone else in love with her stuff. I want it all.

UnderstandBlue 01-13-2017 08:49 AM

ALL OF IT

Sleepymom33 01-13-2017 06:02 PM

Wow, I've never heard of her, but I just looked at her stuff. Wowza, her Washington tape looks amazing---so unique! Must stay away......

AussieJenny 01-14-2017 03:54 AM

I went to her site to check it out and looked for the Washington-themed tape that was so good. Then I realised that autocorrect had struck again!

sditz1 01-14-2017 07:27 AM

I went to Michaels last night and bought some, okay I bought a bunch of stuff lol. I used 50 percent off on the expensive items. They didn't have everything I wanted so hopefully they will get some more stuff in. and today i see theres a 60 percent coupon of course.

sditz1 01-14-2017 08:22 AM

I love her packaging on her paints. I am definitely using bits and pieces of her packaging for future mixed media projects.

Sleepymom33 01-14-2017 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieJenny (Post 21396309)
I went to her site to check it out and looked for the Washington-themed tape that was so good. Then I realised that autocorrect had struck again!

Dang it! Auto correct! Haha. Well you know I meant Washi. Not sure how to edit my post from IPHONE.

cheermom 01-15-2017 12:15 PM

My Michael's was sold out of most of it :(. I was hoping to get the mermaid markers but no such luck. I also want to try the watercolors.

sditz1 01-16-2017 03:43 AM

I can't say enough good things about her products, I used my mermaid markers and watercolors so far the colors are awesome. I still need to play with the other stuff yet. I didn't get all I wan to get yet even though I got a lot. Never been so excited about a product line. Jane offers free online classes using her new products.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheermom (Post 21397235)
My Michael's was sold out of most of it :(. I was hoping to get the mermaid markers but no such luck. I also want to try the watercolors.

jukie 01-16-2017 06:52 AM

I AM NOT LOOKING..................DO YOU HEAR ME...........I AM NOT LOOKING......well I might have a sneak peak, BUT I AM NOT BUYING ANYTHING PEOPLE!

wavejumper 01-17-2017 06:14 PM

The frugal crafter just did a piece on the paints.

HeatherHolbrook 01-19-2017 11:10 AM

I picked up some of the stamps but haven't tried them yet. I love the look of the whole collection!

Scrapjanny 01-19-2017 11:36 AM

JMHO, but when I saw them in my M's, many of her products looked like re-branded versions of products that have already been made by other manufacturers/brands. For example, the Mermaid pens looked just like water pens with Dyan Reaveley's inks poured into them. (I've used those in her classes.). The paints reminded me of the Prima watercolor sets, and at $30, they seemed over-priced to me. The markers looked like all the other American Crafts markers, with the exception that they can be used on darker papers (Galaxy markers?). I know I'm the odd person out, and I'm not judging those who like these products. It's just my initial reaction to them.

iamvics 01-22-2017 01:45 PM

Video from CHA: &feature=em-uploademail

iamvics 01-22-2017 01:52 PM

You can order from Michaels online: Shop

cheermom 01-22-2017 03:42 PM

I did find the watercolor paints yesterday and i got both sets. I love how vibrant they are!

ejluyk 01-25-2017 01:22 PM

I purchased the a couple of the washi tape sets and have used them already. Really like them. I have the Paint pens (used coupon as they are pricey). Played with them and made a color swatch page for my book. I like to depth of the color. I did not think the quality of the brush pen was that great, but I would guess it will be a throw away after it is empty...or use it as a water brush.

UnderstandBlue 01-25-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapjanny (Post 21399828)
The paints reminded me of the Prima watercolor sets, and at $30, they seemed over-priced to me.

I don't know which set you were looking at but she does have a branded Schmincke set, which is very high end.

ETA - forgot to link. https://janedavenport.com/shop/suppl...schmincke-set/

Scrapjanny 01-26-2017 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue (Post 21403700)
I don't know which set you were looking at but she does have a branded Schmincke set, which is very high end.

ETA - forgot to link. https://janedavenport.com/shop/suppl...schmincke-set/

I realize that Schmincke is high end. The one I'm referring to is the one put out by American Crafts:

http://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spli...32623ffb6e.png

Then again, I think that watercolors, and art supplies in general, are very over-priced anyway. :)

bjeans 01-26-2017 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapjanny (Post 21399828)
JMHO, but when I saw them in my M's, many of her products looked like re-branded versions of products that have already been made by other manufacturers/brands. For example, the Mermaid pens looked just like water pens with Dyan Reaveley's inks poured into them. (I've used those in her classes.). The paints reminded me of the Prima watercolor sets, and at $30, they seemed over-priced to me. The markers looked like all the other American Crafts markers, with the exception that they can be used on darker papers (Galaxy markers?). I know I'm the odd person out, and I'm not judging those who like these products. It's just my initial reaction to them.

I guess I'm another odd [wo]man out too - not about rebranding, which I don't know about, but thinking I must have missed something, since there are already great acrylic paints, markers, watercolors, etc. that are out there (and in my stash). But maybe people love them partly because colors in sets coordinate?

Some papers were beautiful - though I have too much unused DSP. I'm a pouch junky, and liked the uber-skinny pouches (not the ones with faces), assuming they can be used without attaching them to journals.

I've never been drawn to sketched faces of women I haven't met : ) so maybe that's part of it too.