Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-20-2008, 07:51 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Default ? I've unmounted my SU stamps & put in CDs, but

some of my sets are too big for the CDs. I was able to keep the EZ mount on most of my SU sets, and I prefer it that way. I just painted a little Aileen's Tack it Over and Over on the back t make it sticky again.

A few of the stamps peeled right off the foam, which was okay too, I just painted the Tacky stuff over the back on the rubber.

Now, what in the world do I do with these larger SU sets? Take the foam off so that they will fit in one CD?

Split the sets?

Use something else to store them?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-21-2008, 12:43 AM   #2  
Forum Fanatic

several companies have plastic storage boards that you store a three ring binder

I use the storage boards from The Angel Company and have over 700 stamps in one 3" binder
Old 09-21-2008, 02:20 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by nestof3View Post
some of my sets are too big for the CDs. I was able to keep the EZ mount on most of my SU sets, and I prefer it that way. I just painted a little Aileen's Tack it Over and Over on the back t make it sticky again.

A few of the stamps peeled right off the foam, which was okay too, I just painted the Tacky stuff over the back on the rubber.

Now, what in the world do I do with these larger SU sets? Take the foam off so that they will fit in one CD?

Split the sets?

There is a site, Stamp by Step, that sells DVD-sized boxes that work great for larger sets. The price is reasonable and she has great service. I actually had one set that required TWO large boxes. But, that is the only exception so far. I try not to have my sets split between multiple boxes. It bothers me a little.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:46 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Split the sets?

I split the sets. The larger sets are in two CDs. I have printed labels on all of my CDs. All of my CDs are numbered too and tracked in a software program on my computer and PDA - so I always have my stamping room inventory with me. The labels have the stamp company - set name (left aligned) and the CD # right aligned. If a set has more than one CD, then it is labeled "1 of 2" and "2 of 2". I haven't had sets take up more than two CDs, but if they did then I'd have a "1 of 3", "2 of 3" and "3 of 3", etc.

In SplashShopper, the column for the CD # would have two numbers listed so that I know which CDs I can find that set in.

Here's a screenshot of Splash Shopper. The sets that don't have a CD number mean that I need to still print a label. BTW, the total shown is almost up-to-date with how many stamps I own. I think I have another eight or more to add to the database.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:04 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Oh my -- that is so compatible with my OCD.

Thanks so much for the inspiration.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2008, 08:26 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Oh my -- that is so compatible with my OCD.

Thanks so much for the inspiration.
My long lost sister!! LOL I think I spend more time ORGANIZING than I do actually stamping. (Although I'm working on getting more stamping done!!)
Old 09-21-2008, 12:26 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

I also have all my stamps in CD cases, but instead I have "A" and "B" and "C" on the case for the sets that don't fit in one case.

I'm going to relabel the cases to 1 of 2, etc, thanks for that idea!

I have all my stamps sets and individual stamps (non-sets) listed in an Excel spreadsheet. I started it early on, thank goodness!

I also have a spreadsheet with all the sentiments listed from every stamp set, so if I need a "thank you" I just have to look it up and it tells me what stamp set the stamp is in.

My husband laughs now, since he's always asking me how many TOTAL stamps I have, not sets, haha! (He never complains about any money I spend on stamping since he stamps, too!)

Cheers to all of you other OCDs!