Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Inventory of cards that sell (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/inventory-cards-sell-501824/)

fun4gwen 08-08-2010 07:05 PM

Inventory of cards that sell

Hope this is in the correct thread but have a question regarding an inventory of homemade cards.

Does anyone sell cards and keep track of which ones sell? I currently sell my cards but really don't have a good way to keep track of which ones are good sellers and which ones sell just a few. Would like to hear suggestions, ideas, etc.

lisha_1988 08-08-2010 07:18 PM

I dont sell as much as give away. But To be honest there is really nothing that I know of that are surefire all year round good sellers. From about late Oct I get asked for xmas cards and tags and then mothers day cards and fathers day cards about a month before those dates besides that its just a case of having different things made that people would like :) sorry if thats not much of a help :)

roxy64 08-09-2010 03:22 AM

I have a basket of cards at my desk at work. Like the previous poster, about a month before holidays I get a rush for those cards. I always keep an assortment of birthday, sympathy and baby cards. I also have an assortment of cards that are blank on the inside so people can use them for anything. We have a silent auction every year at work for charity and I have 2 assortments of cards that donate....12 cards in each set that have been hanging around awhile and haven't sold. They always go for between $20 and $30.....

I also do special orders as well.

JoyceL 08-09-2010 03:53 AM

What you can do is take photo of all ur cards that u r going to sell. After the sales check against the list and you will know which ones have sold. Compile all ur sales into 1 file but start a new page for each occassion and you will be able to see. This what I can think of unless anyone has better idea?

sprtchick 08-09-2010 09:23 AM

The beauty of my projects is that I make what I want to make....I always make sure that I have a good inventory of all types of cards and just replenish what seems to be getting low...The basket on hubbys desk usually has about 100 cards in it and can be replenished as often as every day if needed. I have been asked to make wedding invites and birthday invitations on several occasions but always turn down the requests because I simply do not want the stress...I love making what I feel like making at any given time. blessings.

happyinker 08-09-2010 11:55 AM

I have a contract with a big grocery store. They allow me to replenish my rack as needed and invoice them accordingly. Every time I make a card, I make an extra one and put it in my sample binder. Each card gets a small sticker with a card ID number. When replenishing the rack, I write down how many of a certain style I am putting in. Next time I go there, it is really easy to see what sells and what not. HTH.