Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-25-2006, 01:52 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Inspiration at last

I don't know where to post this. I'd read somewhere that one stamper had all her scraps separated into colours. So, this morning I sorted out all my scraps...wow, I didn't realise I had so much. That inspired me to sit down this afternoon when I had an hour without my boys. I knew I had 4 cards to make over the next few days but I got them all done today! They weren't difficult but once I got started I didn't want to stop! I haven't had such fun for a long time. I'll post them later when the boys are in bed.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-25-2006, 02:18 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Good for you! Glad you got both organizing and stamping in during the same session! Doesn't it feel WONDERFUL??? Amazing what you can accomplish when no one else is around, huh?
Old 09-26-2006, 04:00 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

I use colored file folders- 1 color for each family- red, pink, purple, blue, green, etc. Makes it so much easier to grab a folder and know I'm looking at all my scraps for that color.

Old 09-26-2006, 05:32 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Congratulations on organizing and accomplishing!
Old 09-26-2006, 07:14 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I think that was my post. I love having my stuff organized by color. It works best for me. I found that thinking through how I go about creating a card or scrapbook page has really helped me to organize. For some people this might be different - it could be organizing by theme, but to me that limits you because some items can be used for other themes. It's all about what works best for you. When I sit down to stamp I first decide what type of card I want to create, then which stamp set, then what color I want to use. That's where organizing by color comes into play. I can take out the drawer with all my embellishments of that color and see what I can use on that card. For scrapbook pages I start with my photo, then select a cardstock that goes well with it and then the color organization comes into play. I find that it also helps me to know which color I am lacking in and which I have too much of which helps at the store. I tend to be drawn to colors I like and so I buy too much of that color and not enough of other colors that I might need.

Plus, it looks mighty "purty" with all the colors separated. I'm thinking of calling my stamp/scraproom the Rainbow room.
Sponsored Links