Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Inside your card (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/inside-your-card-386340/)

susieq4591 09-29-2008 02:38 PM

Inside your card

I wasn't sure where to post this question. I see beautiful cards in the gallery and I always wonder what's on the insides. I never know how to finish my cards. Do you leave the insides blank? I thought about making a set of cards for my co-workers but I'm not sure what to do inside.
Thanks!;)

Tavias Charms 09-29-2008 02:43 PM

I usually do not use a sentiment on the front of my card, so on the inside I will usually use a sentiment or write a handwritten note. Some people just write a note on a separate piece of paper so that the recipient can reuse the card. Hope this helps!

pjw2855 09-29-2008 02:55 PM

susieq4591......If I'm making sets of cards to give to people just because, I don't put anything on the inside. I just put a nice piece of bond paper (linen, laid or silk) on the inside and secure it at the top. Then they can write their own message on the inside. I do put a sentiment on the outside of the card, though.

If I'm making a card to send to someone, I put the sentiment on the outside and type my personal note to them on the paper (mentioned above) on the inside. My cards are personalized for the person, so it's not meant for them to use them to give to another person.

I also don't give away the hand-made cards I receive.

Patti

krystie lee 09-29-2008 02:58 PM

I don't stamp anything on the inside. I just write a personal note on a piece of paper so that they can use the card again.

peebsmama 09-29-2008 03:06 PM

I always stamp something on the inside. This isn't necessarily a sentiment if I have used one on the front of the card. But usually is one of the stamped elements from the front. Like if I stamped a bouquet of flowers on the front, I may stamp one of flowers from the bouquet on the inside. Just something to tie it all together and show that the card embellishment didn't stop at the front cover. I also stamp the envelope so the recipient has a hint of what's inside. And I always stamp the back of my card with my signature stamp.

Phantom 09-29-2008 03:14 PM

I leave the insides blank until I'm ready to use/send them. That may be right when I'm making it or days/weeks/months later. Sometimes if I'm in the mood, or have a great idea, I'll put at least something on the inside - a white or ivory layer and stamp a related image or border, or even add an embellishment.

I don't always photograph the insides, but when I do, I put them in an album in my gallery titled "Insides of Cards."

scrubbybubbles 09-29-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peebsmama (Post 11494924)
I always stamp something on the inside. This isn't necessarily a sentiment if I have used one on the front of the card. But usually is one of the stamped elements from the front. Like if I stamped a bouquet of flowers on the front, I may stamp one of flowers from the bouquet on the inside. Just something to tie it all together and show that the card embellishment didn't stop at the front cover. I also stamp the envelope so the recipient has a hint of what's inside. And I always stamp the back of my card with my signature stamp.

this is what I do too. :)

Pipergirl 09-29-2008 03:34 PM

Sometimes I leave them blank, sometimes I stamp a sentiment on the inside. It just all depends on the card. If I'm sending a card for others to use (swap) I leave them blank.

Anne

inkyimages 09-29-2008 04:15 PM

Because one card might be used for a number of things (birthday, get well, sympathy, thank you) I don't put any sentiment/verse inside until I know what occasion I will actually be using the card for.

susieq4591 09-29-2008 04:39 PM

Thank all of you for your responses. I need to get some nice paper to use inside. I always felt like I should put something inside and never knew what. It's always helpful to know what kind of different things others do. Thanks again.