Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-04-2007, 11:10 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Red face Inside card messages

How do you decide what to put on the inside of a card? Sometimes I use up the sentiment in the set on the front of the card leaving me with an empty inside. When I've made cards at parties and workshops, just the fronts are shown. The insides are never shown in SCS posts, either. Can someone help me out, please? Thanks ever so much in advance!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-05-2007, 12:05 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

most of the time mine are blank... easy to write things...usually i put a 1 liner like happy birthday etc...because i use the sayings on the front...
Old 04-05-2007, 12:32 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

I usually insert a liner that I have printed on the computer. I cut it 8 inches by 5 and 1/4 inches and fold it in half. The verse is printed on the right side and I attach it with one line of mono just to the left of the card crease on the left side of the card.

Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps

Design Team Member -
The Project Bin
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Old 04-05-2007, 01:01 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Allee, that would answer another question that I had about stamping on dark colored cardstock. Thanks!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:41 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

I think it's helpful to include the inside of the card in the post if it matches the card. I usually try to do that. Sometimes it is hard to come up with something clever.

My Gallery
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=52833
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2007, 08:40 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sara in WI
Allee, that would answer another question that I had about stamping on dark colored cardstock. Thanks!
i start with a white 'card base' and make a card front to attach to eliminate the problem with dark CS. i ran into this problem a lot because i really like the dark colors.

and i usually leave the inside blank so i can write what ever i want. i usually want to say more than just happy birthday or thank you...
Old 04-05-2007, 08:44 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

I like everyone else leave the insides blank on many occasions in order to write something, but sometimes I use rub on sayings that are approriate. They look nice too and they have now come out in color.
Proud mom of 2 soldiers-
Old 04-05-2007, 08:54 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

If I don't have a verse to put inside, then I usually stamp something decorative on the inside, at least. Like a little flower on the top corner, or a decorative swirl along the side or across the top. I don't like the look of just a plain white inside.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 04-05-2007, 09:46 AM   #9  
Embossing Fanatic

I carry the theme from the front of the card to the inside but I let my card front be the focal point. I don't let my inside overwhelm my front. I usually use a 3 x 4 1/4 white piece and layer it on top of another piece (3 1/4 x 4 1/2) of cardstock (a color that was used on the front... probably my secondary color since the main card body is probably of my primary color). That is a very general rule I typically use, especially if I am not in the mood to think about the inside.

I will decorate the white piece with whatever stamps I used on the front. If I used a floral design on the front, I would decorate the inside with the smaller flowers, but most likely not use the largest main focal point flower. Depends.

I never (just a rule my brain is happy to follow) introduce anything new on the inside of my cards... no colors that I hadn't used on the front, or no new/unrelated images). Interesting thought... to post the insides as well as the outsides. hmmmm, I think I will give that a try next time I upload.

My Gallery

"...God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:25-26
Old 04-05-2007, 09:52 AM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

I personally use Stampin' Up's In My Thoughts on almost everything. When I make a card I leave the inside blank until I know why I'm sending it and it seems that set is versitile and unlikely to offend anyone. It is great to consider right now as it is 20% off.

Old 04-05-2007, 09:55 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Smile Happy Birthday or whatever the occasion

On the inside I stamp Happy Birthday or whatever the occasion is. Then I write it with markers to: and from:

Sometimes I stamp the left side card of the inside as well with decorations.

If dark cardstock, I will use the White Craft Ink and the winter white embossing powder because it really comes out nice and white and stands out much better than using the WW with Versamark or using the craft with clear ep. I don't use white markers of course (I doubt they have them) but hope for the best. Often use Real Red or something that really shows up well and is a good contrast.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:01 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Everyone has had such great suggestions! Thanks...and keep them coming!
Old 04-05-2007, 11:33 AM   #13  
Duchess of CBCs

I found a list on here a while ago that had sayings for different events. Kind of like a cheat sheet of hallmark quotes. Most of the time I add something like that on the inside. 99% of my cards are blank on the inside.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #14  
Glitter Guru

I'm the weird duck, obviously! 99% of the cards I make and send have a computer generated inside verse (and even more ****, an inside verse AND a special poem or qte on the left side of the card inside ). I create the card "guts" using an American Greetings card program that is truly for dummies and then print the card on cs before cutting and folding and adding the stamped images, etc. to the front.

I started doing this personalized/professional type inside when I got frustrated with the limited and/or totally inappropriate verse stamps that were available. I started saving favorite verses and quotes and pairing them up and I now have an impressive card library that I can access with minimal effort. I must admit I feel slightly gulity when I'm in a lazy mood and stamp the inside sentiment rather than running it off on the puter. Basic overacheiver in some areas, I guess!
Old 04-05-2007, 12:19 PM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

I will often print my inside sentiment on my computer, but it's usually words I think up myself. If I see something I like in a magazine, or in a card I receive, I'll recycle those quotes, too.

I print the inside sentiments even before I cut my card stock in half.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:38 PM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

I never though about leaving the inside blank before. I might do that sometimes. Usually I carry the theme on the front to the inside with some sort of coordinated paper for lining or by stamping a coordinating design. Then I add a square coordinating cardstock with a sentiment stamped or printed off the computer. The card I did this morning said "Happy Birthday" on the front so I used the Birthday Cake & "Celebrate You" (I can't remember the stamp set) on the inside. I usually keep it simple.

Pam
Old 04-05-2007, 01:06 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

My insides are almost always blank. I might copy something from the SU catalog if I don't own it. I also get PaperCrafts, and they have sayings on the last page that I like to use. Mostly I just write a note and I don't have to worry about working around a stamp inside.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:18 PM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Don't we have to be very careful of copyright issues with regards to quotes and verses, though?
Old 04-05-2007, 03:30 PM   #19  
Inking Addict

Location: Margaritaville - I wish, Southern Indiana for real, but a Parrothead at heart.

Since at least half of the cards I do are funny and/or quirky cards I almost aways have something on the inside, as that is usually where the punch line is. As very few of my word stamps are punch lines I generate them on the computer by formating my page into two columns and printing the words on the right hand column. Then when the CS is cut and folded the words are in the correct location and I can then start the front of the card. When I upload a card I always put what's on the inside so the person looking at it is not left wondering "Where is she going with this???"
Old 04-05-2007, 03:43 PM   #20  
Mad Swapper

I make a lot of my own poems or sayings..print on vellum, and use the slit punch inside. Or set up my printer to type/print right on the inside bfore folding..either for horz. or vert. or match the outside card front on the inside attached or decorated w/fancy sisscors and attach. Lotas of diff. ways to do..
loves ya

When the world says give up, hope whispers, try one more time.
Old 04-05-2007, 04:00 PM   #21  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sara in WI
Don't we have to be very careful of copyright issues with regards to quotes and verses, though?
Since I use quotes that are in the public domain (i.e. the people who said the quotes have been dead for centuries ), and the other stuff is generic fluff reworked from cards (part of sentiment from one card, often times restated and combined with my own words) and I do not sell my cards, I am not concerned that I will be hauled to jail by the copyright police. That being said, if you are at all concerned about it, stick to the stamped sentiments - simple as that.....
Old 04-07-2007, 01:41 PM   #22  
Embossing Fanatic

The photo is fuzzy, but here is a typical "inside" for me.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=60038

My Gallery

"...God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:25-26
Old 04-09-2007, 07:45 AM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

There is a whole list that Delia has been kind enough to start. If you copy this linke and paste it into your browser, you'll get to her link and find some wonderful verses to be used inside your cards. your//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214955&highlight=verses+for+cards
Old 04-09-2007, 07:46 AM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

Sorry - I had an extra word in the link - here's the correct one. http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...rses+for+cards
Old 04-09-2007, 08:07 AM   #25  
Glitter Queen

Default Sentiment ideas!

It would never occur to me, either, to leave the inside blank! I have purchased pretty much all of Stampin' Up's sentiment stamps, so I have a HUGE and EXCELLENT variety from which to choose!!!!!! There are a few sets that will go a long ways in giving you a good variety: Versatile Verses, In My Thoughts, and Curvy Verses are three good ones. I also add my own thoughts around the stamped sentiment so that it is totally personalized.

Something else I like to do is stamp off an image from the front around or over the sentiment inside. This makes a very impressive enhancement, and carries the theme to the inside of the card! ... I also stamp the lower left corner of the envelope, and the point of the flap!

Hugs,
Barb