Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-31-2006, 11:47 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help please in finding food-safe glue for ceramic.

Does anybody know a type of adhesive for ceramic items that is food safe? I need to repair the spout on a ceramic hot cider dispenser and I don't want to poison anyone!!

Thanks very much for your help!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2006, 12:45 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, you're going to think I'm nuts, but I have had amazing luck repairing ceramics with Tacky glue! I repaired the handle on a coffee mug 12 years ago that still gets used regularly and goes in the dishwasher. It's non-toxic, and you can clean away any residue before it dries. I've also replaced a chip on the edge of a plate with the same results. Definitely worth a try.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2006, 12:54 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks!

I just called one of the glue companies (The one that sells Crafter's pick) and the guy told me not to use their glue, even though it says non-toxic. He said their glue is FDA approved for 'indirect contact' with food. Since I have no way to know if the liquid will come in contact with the dried glue, he said I would need a glue that is FDA #'something,something,something' and it's not available retail. He told me to call the manufacturer of the dispenser.

Just my luck! I really wanted to use the dispenser on Thursday to serve hot spiced cranberry juice at my workshop. This snowman dispenser I got at Target was so cute (they no longer have them of course). I used this cute snowman last week for the first time at my workshop, and it leaked all over my counter after about 2 hours. I guess I'm back to use the crock pot-boring!
Reply With Quote Likes