Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-05-2008, 05:04 PM   #1  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 805 Likes on 578 Posts
Smile Question re Enchanted Cottage Lewisville NC

My dh is treating me to a trip to the wonderful papercrafting store, Enchanted Cottage, near Winston-Salem, NC. Could anyone suggest a good restaurant in that area where we could have lunch? Thanks!

God demonstrated His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us ... being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. Romans 5:8 & 9

https://www.chemoangels.com/

https://www.intercessors.org/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2008, 07:04 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a quaint little downtown restaurant called Sweet Potatoes. It is about a block or two from the convention center.

It is to die for! We ate there when we attending a reading conference.

The menu has lots of sweet potato items, and the dessert menu changes as to the cooks desire!

We ate there about two years ago, but since we had to wait in line to get a table, I'm sure they are still in business!

Here is the web site!
http://www.sweetpotatoes-arestaurant.com/Sweets
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-05-2008, 10:19 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I looked at the website -- for no particular reason -- maybe I should plan a trip just to visit Sweet Potatoes.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2008, 02:08 AM   #4  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by lazydazyView Post
There is a quaint little downtown restaurant called Sweet Potatoes. It is about a block or two from the convention center.

It is to die for! We ate there when we attending a reading conference.

The menu has lots of sweet potato items, and the dessert menu changes as to the cooks desire!

We ate there about two years ago, but since we had to wait in line to get a table, I'm sure they are still in business!

Here is the web site!
http://www.sweetpotatoes-arestaurant.com/Sweets.html
Thank you so much, Lazydazy, for the information on Sweet Potatoes! I went to their web site and printed out a map and driving directions. Their menu looks so yummy ... it must be a fun place. Since this trip to NC is to celebrate our wedding anniversary, I think Sweet Potatoes will be a delightful addition to our day.

Many thanks!!

God demonstrated His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us ... being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. Romans 5:8 & 9

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2008, 01:17 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Have fun on your trip! We just went to Enchanted Cottage a few weeks ago. There were so many stamps it was overwhelming. LOL! We also were able to take a class while we were there. They also have a lot of scrapbooking stuff,too. Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2008, 03:18 PM   #6  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBrown9624View Post
Have fun on your trip! We just went to Enchanted Cottage a few weeks ago. There were so many stamps it was overwhelming. LOL! We also were able to take a class while we were there. They also have a lot of scrapbooking stuff,too. Enjoy!

Thank you for your good wishes!! I'm glad you had such a good shopping experience.

I shopped there for the first time about a year ago. My dh was so patient and sat out on the front porch drinking coffee while I shopped. If I hadn't felt sorry for him I would have spent lots more time in the store trying to absorb all the goodies they sell. lol

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2008, 03:43 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Just a head's up. They will also ship anything you see there to you. I just ordered the Classic Large Scalloped Nestability and got it in two days. I live only 50 miles away from there. Marilyn and the ladies and gentleman there are wonderful. If you don't see ask them if they can order it for you. It's like going to a convention. Have fun and enjoy your day! My husband found a King RC Model Airplane shop about 30 minutes from there in King, NC. He traveled the back roads to get there. Look on Mapquest. Take care.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-06-2008, 04:07 PM   #8  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanda50View Post
Just a head's up. They will also ship anything you see there to you. I just ordered the Classic Large Scalloped Nestability and got it in two days. I live only 50 miles away from there. Marilyn and the ladies and gentleman there are wonderful. If you don't see ask them if they can order it for you. It's like going to a convention. Have fun and enjoy your day! My husband found a King RC Model Airplane shop about 30 minutes from there in King, NC. He traveled the back roads to get there. Look on Mapquest. Take care.

Thanks for the information about having items shipped to me by the store.

I have been doing some research already on places my hubby might want to visit in the area and have come up with a couple of places. I want him to have a fun day, too.

Many thanks for your ideas!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 06:23 AM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

Exclamation Nice selection but a little pricey

The rubber stamp selection at Enchanted Cottage is nice but they do tend to be quite a bit higher than other stores and definately higher than you can buy online.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 06:41 AM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 06:41 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There really isn't any restaurants very close to the Enchanted Cottage. In Clemmons one exit before there are some restaurants. One I like by the Mall is The Village Tavern. Lewisville is a very small town. I live about 3 miles away from the cottage. It is a bit pricier than most other places even online but they have a HUGE selection. I always have to know what I want or else I will spend too much $ and time there.

Hope you have a great time!!!
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.� Eleanor Roosevelt

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 06:42 AM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 06:59 AM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

In my opinion it is worth it to spend a little bit extra to be able to see and touch the merchandise and have truly helpful store owners as opposed to ordering online. Sadly, I have to order nearly everything online now as all the local stamping stores are going out of business. They have to pay to have the location, utilities, pay employees to help us, etc. I live in a small rural area that used to have nice shops, but they have closed now because so many people will drive 40-50 miles to save $3-$4. With the price of gas-go figure!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 07:32 AM   #14  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan_TView Post
In my opinion it is worth it to spend a little bit extra to be able to see and touch the merchandise and have truly helpful store owners as opposed to ordering online. Sadly, I have to order nearly everything online now as all the local stamping stores are going out of business. They have to pay to have the location, utilities, pay employees to help us, etc. I live in a small rural area that used to have nice shops, but they have closed now because so many people will drive 40-50 miles to save $3-$4. With the price of gas-go figure!
Enchanted Cottage is larger than most stamp stores so I'm not sure they would qualify as a 'small' store....which you would think would allow them to charge more reasonable prices. Don't get me wrong, I shop there too; however, since I have purchased so many stamps over the years, I came to realize that in many cases a lot of their stamps were priced above suggested retail. Also, if you purchase as many stamps as I do when I go there, I end up paying WAY more than $3.00 or $4.00 more than I would pay somewhere else. It usually ends up being about $40.00 or $50.00 more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 08:54 AM   #15  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know of any good restaurants, but if you happen to see some Moravian sugar cake for sale, buy some. Good gracious, that stuff is yummy! My sis went to the NC School of the Arts way back in the 80's and I loved going to visit her and bringing back that cake....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #16  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I don't think you'll even get to the restaurant because of everything to look at in The Enchanted Cottage. Bring your DH a bag lunch - he can eat it on the porch while you shop..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2008, 05:24 PM   #17  
Proud Fan Club Member

I wish I had seen all these posts before we traveled to the Enchanted Cottage today ... I would have tried to buy a Moravian sugar cake as suggested by LateBlossom. I also would have tried to find The Village Tavern as recommended by FromKorea; but we did end up eating lunch at The Big Shot in Clemmons. We enjoyed that very much.

If you've watched the Weather Channel today you are aware that we had a very rainy day in NC, but we decided to make the trip anyway. We were so glad that we did because we only had steady rain; no torrential downpours. It was a win win situation because our area desperately needs the rain. But, the rain kept us from exploring Winston-Salem to find the restaurant, Sweet Potatoes, recommended by LazyDazy. We do want to try that restaurant the next time we visit there.

I certainly was in heaven shopping at The Enchanted Cottage. Wow! My dream is to go there some day with my sleeping bag and just hang out for days and days. My money wouldn't hold out very long but I could bring my camera and photograph all their card sample boards, couldn't I?? lol

I highly recommend this store ... the selection is almost unlimited and the staff is super helpful and friendly.

Thanks fellow Splitcoaststampers!! You've made my day!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2008, 03:53 AM   #18  
Proud Fan Club Member

Not only are their stamps priced above the MSRP...so is their other stuff. I've haven't been in years...I don't need anything that bad enough.
Reply With Quote Likes