Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-07-2005, 08:58 PM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm tired of tearing....

I'm tired of tearing, punching, cutting and scoring.

I know christmas cards handmade are such a plus...and people have learned to expect them from me, but I hate MASS PRODUCTION

and as soon as i'm done w/ them, I've got to do baby invitations for my shower my mom is throwing, then baby announcements, then thank you's

Will the MASS Production ever end?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2005, 09:05 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I'm feeling it too! I was wondering how everyone does their work, like one whole card at a time or each step at once. I got burned out and have taken a break for 2 days, but just realized I only have a week left to prepare the kids treats for my kids' classes, so I've got to get back into the swing.

How do you break out of the mass production funk?!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2005, 09:08 PM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

i've learned to spread it all out....

i'll put the card together last

so far i cut the base of the cardstock, and the accent is what i'm tearing...then i punched the tags...

Tomorrow I'll probably finish tearing, and score the base stock...then i'll stamp the tags...and then i'll stamp the base and emboss...then i'll put it all together..

Taking breaks in between each step
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2005, 09:51 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As a general rule, I just don't enjoy mass production. I usually make only 50-60 maximum for Convention, for example, and am always literally amazed and impressed by anyone that has the stamina to produce 200 swaps . . . quite phenomenal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2005, 05:37 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

It's kind of late to change things, but I start making cards about 3 months in advance. One of the joys for me is making different cards for each person or family. That way I don't get tired of the same card, and I just have a photo box that I keep them in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2005, 06:02 AM   #6  
Watercolor Wizard

I just finished making 180 invitations to our Christmas open house--whew!

THis was my first mass production. I found it faster to do one element (cutting cards, scoring, cutting layers, crimping, stamping, gluing) at a time, rather than making one card at a time.

To make it pleasant, I played my favorite Christmas CDs. I also set a timer for 15 minutes at a time--when it went off, I reset it and chose between taking a break or doing another mini session.

It was a learning experience--but when the compliments came in, I felt it was worth it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-08-2005, 06:06 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

I generally mass produce at Holiday time. I do steps like you: cs cutting, scoring, etc. After a few years of doing 100+ cards and teacher gifts (keeping the design simple yet elegant is a must) I now do cards only everyother year to give myself a break. I just buy my cards 1/2 price or better for the year I'm "taking off". Yet the teacher/coach/GS leader gifts are still quite a project in and of themselves. This year I tried something new. Out of all my friends, I have only one who loves stamping as much as me. She likes company when she stamps, yet doesn't like to haul her stuff around to go stamp. My stamping table is always a pit. So, I made it a point this year to accept her invitations when asked. I picked my gift/card designs in June. I kept the projects in a separate tote bag so I never had to really look for the pieces. With about 7 visits to her home (3-5 hour stamping stints) I finished before Thanksgiving. I never worked on the projects except when I went to her home and we had a blast in the process. Something to think and may be try next time around;-)

Annette
http://stamponthis.com
Reply With Quote Likes